Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which was more dissapointing? Floyds 389k ppv buys or GGG's 97k buys.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
    I broke it down earlier in the thread. Maybe you chose to ignore it.
    Just let it go man,this **** is getting embarrassing...

Comment

97k is that the final number ? Lmao the A side !!

Comment

Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
        Floyd-Berto sold more then i expected.

GGG-Lemieux sold less then i expected.

Im having fun reading the comments from the NSB actuaries though. As if when Showtime gave Floyd that contract, they expected every single PPV to sell 1.5 million plus. You ******s are hilarious. Showtime was so disapointed in Floyd-Berto that they tried to re-sign Floyd to another long term deal.

So we are talking disapointment, who is disapointed exactly?
        I mean this literally happened...they wanted him to sign an extension

Comment

Originally posted by imperial1 View Post
          97k is that the final number ? Lmao the A side !!
          He is really trying to spin this....how did Mayweather even come up???lol

Comment

Originally posted by -Johannes- View Post
            Ok man i'll answer the question Floyd/Berto lost more money sure. Without lookig at the big picture yes the numbers are worse. Rejoice the fact that you don't understand the meaning of context.

Why are you so simple minded? Let me make an analogy for you.

Everyday from Monday through Friday you take a bus to the forest to collect berries that you later sell for a profit making around 10 bucks a day while spending 1 on the bus rides. On Thursday, you manage to find a bush filled with berries and to your amazement people outside the forest desperately want them and you sell them to them overpriced.

The berries end up giving you 50 bucks but the cherries sucked and they refuse to buy anymore from you. On Friday you don't catch the bus but you take a taxi and you don't sell any berries.You ended up losing money on the taxi ride and sure you said this day sucked but yesterday I made plenty so it isn't a total loss.

Do you think Showtime's budget is arranged on a fight to fight basis because if you think it was then you have no leg to stand on ironically calling Larry a financial genius.
            I'm well aware of the context, but that wasn't the question. It was a simple question that you guys refuse to answer. Nobody likes losing money in business.

Comment

Originally posted by JStill Unbiased View Post
              Adam my guy, that's exactly the point. Why the hell was David Lemuiex on PPV? Lol it's laughable man. You can't knock the fans for laughing at the numbers, knock the promoters for giving an uneducated estimation of their product. "We believe we can do 200K" - Loeffler. Are you serious? lol, when Floyd did 400K with Andre Berto? Are you serious lol? This is on them my brother.
              It probably should have had better 3 and 4 fights on undercard.. Roman was a nice co feature, but the other 2 bouts needed bigger names, even of it was just stay busy fights.. Kinda like years ago espn did a PPv with cintron-margarito, with fights by shane and mccline on the undercard...
              Ggg's card needed more name power in undercard..

And I know the PPv numbers were flat, but I still think ggg has proven to be a big draw, he sold out arenas on both coasts, but needs a signature fight to elevate him to PPv attraction

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                He is really trying to spin this....how did Mayweather even come up???lol
                People can knock Mayweather all they want one thing is for sure none of his Ppv's ever did this poorly hell didn't Mayorga / Mosley 2 do better than this lmao ..97 k wow someone just got hit with a reality check !

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                  Just let it go man,this **** is getting embarrassing...
                  These dudes went from asking about what was more disappointing to what lost more money as it were the same thing, taking no context into consideration.

I'm a GGG and fan but his numbers are more disappointing. HBO ****ed it up with GGG's first ppv fight. It was against a no name, they tried to get people to buy the fight based on promises. I guessed they must've figured something like,

"Hey we do around 1.1-1.3m homes every time GGG fights, even if a quarter of them pay we'll peak at over 250k buys."

I'm pretty sure HBO was more disappointed than Showtime, which was his original question.

Comment

Originally posted by imperial1 View Post
                    People can knock Mayweather all they want one thing is for sure none of his Ppv's ever did this poorly hell didn't Mayorga / Mosley 2 do better than this lmao ..97 k wow someone just got hit with a reality check !
                    Mosley-Mora did better.

Comment

• I should be over this by now, but I'm still holding something of a grudge against Floyd for his last fight. Berto?!?!? Really?!?!?!? To go from shattering all PPV records to essentially **** is really embarrassing. I wish Floyd were white so we could see his face changing colors.

People buy fights they think are going to be competitive, it's that simple....

Comment

Working...
                      X