Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why isn't there regulation size for Boxing Rings?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why isn't there regulation size for Boxing Rings?

Fights take place in various ring sizes. Like today Bute vs Froch, a smaller ring works to Froch's advantage. Why don't they have a set regulation size like in basketball, football, track, etc? I even believe in MMA, the cage is always the same size.

They do.

They are OD
    20 ft by 20 ft
    22 ft by 22 ft
    24 ft by 24 ft

MMA cages are also measured by diameter and shape.
    Last edited by Athorn4940; 05-26-2012, 10:18 PM.

Comment

i think it should be 10x 10 and make floyd vs margarito asap....

Comment

Originally posted by Athorn4940 View Post
        They do.

They are OD
        20 ft by 20 ft
        22 ft by 22 ft
        24 ft by 24 ft

MMA cages are also measured by diameter and shape.
        Yes but that's different sizes. I'm saying there should be only one so that the boxers cannot choose whichever size gives them the advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by 510hustler View Post
          Fights take place in various ring sizes. Like today Bute vs Froch, a smaller ring works to Froch's advantage. Why don't they have a set regulation size like in basketball, football, track, etc? I even believe in MMA, the cage is always the same size.
          I think all rings should be the size of a Mexican ring 18 x 18. These larger rings were made to accomadate Muhamad Ali, Sugar Ray leonard and are continued for American boxers who like to run. I rather see a runner in a small ring because you have to have skill to run in an 18 x 18 foot ring

Comment

Meh, Bute got exposed. It was going to happen one day anyways. Fuck the ring size.

Comment

Ring size....wow, now thats an excuse. Bute had the centre of the ring for the first part of the fight, so which fighter did the ring size help then? What about when Froch knocked Bute into the ropes (3 rd i think) and the ropes stopped him falling down. If the ring was bigger wouldnt that mean he would be on the floor?

Comment

I've got to admit i don't like the bigger ring sizes they favour running and are a massive disadvantage to pressure fighters.

Comment

I am not making excuses for Bute in anyway. Matter of fact I did not even choose a side going into the fight. I just used the fight as an example. How about Pacquiao? He always get a big ring and it's to his advantage.

Comment

Size is negotiated by the camps before the fight.

Like size matters

Comment

Working...
                    X