No announcement yet.

Updated Ring rankings...Ortiz debuts as #3 WW

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
    People are saying skill wise Ward is greater then Froch... on what basis?
    IMO a Ward-Froch fight is a toss up
    Ward has better speed, foot speed/work, defs, combinations, ring IQ, reflexes, ring adjustments. Only thing Froch has over Ward is Power, and Chin. If they fought I give Froch a punchers chance, my reason is b/c Froch can handle a fighter with speed/quickness(JT, Dirrell) he was out boxed by both Ward doesnt get tired like both of those fighters, nor does he get carless like both fighters so yea Froch gets a punchers chance IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
      bwahahahaha what?

short of Kessler who on there makes you say this?
      You cant really argue it short of Kessler. You just have to take into consideration the timing in which he beat Kess. Lets face until Ward Kessler was considered far and away the best SMW.

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      I despise Carl Froch, I really do. Have done his entire career.

But, he has the best resume at 168 right now. And certainly has a better resume than Andre Ward right now. I like Andre Ward much more, but he most definitely has a weaker resume than Froch at this moment in time.

Froch deserves to be on the P4P list more than Ward. And if I'm saying that, considering the sheer hate I have for Carl Froch, it really must be true
      Froch is a victim of those skills. I would be pissed if Froch sky rockets after the JT fight and a gift over Dirrell that was really obvious to me.When he beat Pascal it wasnt the right timing because Pascal wasnt considered what he is now.

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
      I think it's debatable that he was top 6 IMO. Top ten maybe but even then I wouldn't necessarily call it anything other than a workman like win for Ward considering from Manfredo to Mendy (for an eliminator mind you) he had exactly one fight over no one of note (almost a two year span)

and yes I am perfectly aware of what P4P means but I think where one area is lacking there should be reason to debate and I think that's why a lot of people openly did question why Donaire was even on people's P4P lists in spite of having only one big win in his career.

that's the same boat, IMO, that Ward is in. Not saying he isn't talented or that in question to be deserving but when someone counters that he has one of the better resumes around I do call into question whether they have actually seen his resume at all.
      It clear tome that if it wasnt for this pathetic tournament Ward would have probably had that showdown with Froch and possibly Dirrell already. He took that fight with Bika outside the tourny which is arguably tougher than some of the possible match-ups in the tournament. I believe when its all said and done, if Froch is fortunate enough to get passed Glenn, Ward will take all the luster off of the overacheiver Froch. I wish people would quit calling out that win over AA. AA has never been noteworthy, and means nothing to the career of Ward now except advancement in the SS.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
        You cant really argue it short of Kessler. You just have to take into consideration the timing in which he beat Kess. Lets face until Ward Kessler was considered far and away the best SMW.

Froch is a victim of those skills. I would be pissed if Froch sky rockets after the JT fight and a gift over Dirrell that was really obvious to me.When he beat Pascal it wasnt the right timing because Pascal wasnt considered what he is now.

It clear tome that if it wasnt for this pathetic tournament Ward would have probably had that showdown with Froch and possibly Dirrell already. He took that fight with Bika outside the tourny which is arguably tougher than some of the possible match-ups in the tournament. I believe when its all said and done, if Froch is fortunate enough to get passed Glenn, Ward will take all the luster off of the overacheiver Froch. I wish people would quit calling out that win over AA. AA has never been noteworthy, and means nothing to the career of Ward now except advancement in the SS.
        Never been noteworthy? He was a clear favourite to win the tournament after the first fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Blobby View Post
          Never been noteworthy? He was a clear favourite to win the tournament after the first fights.
          I dont mean to sound like a profit or anything but I saw that division getting better and better. If anyone picked AA to dominate it your eye test is severely flawed. His boxing skills are the lowest of anyone of the "50" guys that have fought in the tourney.

Comment

Carl froch is a sick fighter but i think we are gonna find out that ward is one of those once in a generation type talents

Comment

Working...
            X