Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2019, 07:31 PM #91
Ake-Dawg Ake-Dawg is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 5,076
Quoted: 3828 Post(s)
Rep Power: 14
Ake-Dawg has a brilliant futureAke-Dawg has a brilliant futureAke-Dawg has a brilliant futureAke-Dawg has a brilliant futureAke-Dawg has a brilliant futureAke-Dawg has a brilliant futureAke-Dawg has a brilliant futureAke-Dawg has a brilliant futureAke-Dawg has a brilliant futureAke-Dawg has a brilliant futureAke-Dawg has a brilliant future
Points: 62,226.91
Bank: 1,482.92
Total Points: 63,709.83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadoww702 View Post
Good Point! I'm having some friends come over and watch the fight. This chick I like asked my what if Canelo loses??? I was like then he loses? No big deal! Not like I'm gonna kick my dog or beat some kids? Canelo fights the best he can have 7 loses! Just don't be fighting now Rolls / Vanes 2 out of 3 fights and I'm good.

Losing to Jacobs is no shame! No fighting him is 10x worse....
Right! My thoughts exactly.
Ake-Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 07:32 PM #92
Drewp4p Drewp4p is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 176
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Rep Power: 2
Drewp4p will become famous soon enough
Points: 11,971.43
Bank: 5,211.54
Total Points: 17,182.97
Default

my problem with it is Not every fight will be on there. Only DAZN fights. You still have espn+ subscription. And if PBC decides to do one that'll be another if not then thats still 50+ bucks for their PPVs. Then you have FITE TV, WWE network, netflix, and bunch of others. that **** starts to add up. If DAZN was one spot to watch all boxing fights then it would be a easy purchase.
Drewp4p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 07:43 PM #93
aboutfkntime aboutfkntime is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 37,315
Quoted: 18367 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
aboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these parts
Points: 211,410.42
Bank: 1,468.21
Total Points: 212,878.63
This id should have kick me and dildos every where. Sh1t poster. - mrdogtown1975 Very good post in the Man creates homunculus thread - punchr No Message - ИATAS No Message - ИATAS No Message - Scott.Weiland. 
Keeping it real - Nomadic It's about money - Nomadic Always great posts, one of the best people on here! - JK1700 Undisputed - travestyny 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing1013 View Post
I mean if a guy is swinging and missing wildly, constantly, I may give the other guy some credit for that. But very rarely does that happen - the only image in my mind where that happened recently was the one shot Lemieux tried on Saunders. And even then that was just one shot.

And it's about damage man, if I hit you 100 times but miss 100 times, and you hit me twice and miss once. Well I am obviously winning, unless there were any KOs there. Some of the good shots I referenced earlier for Canelo were body shots I believe, so I definitley factor those in when scoring a round.

Honestly before the second fight I pretty much had it 50/50, but then when I watched the fight I saw 5 clear rounds for GGG and 7 close rounds. So I didn't let my prior opinions shape my opinion of the actual fight.

The truth is that as long as GGG isn't completely gun-shy, he will probably always be hard to win clear rounds against, which will make him hard to beat. His jab/workrate/stamina just lead to him constantly scoring round in and round out, throughout the fight.

He can still be beat - he could get hurt by a shot and KD, or even KOd. He could get slowed down by some good shots which would affect his workrate. If someone dances around effectively on him for 12 rounds they may do enough that way as well.

I just haven't seen it happen yet. I mean you have a fight where he outlanded Jacobs by 56 punches, and in 9/11 rounds, in the fight and some people really try and say Jacobs won that fight lol. If the punch stats were reversed in these fights (meaning Jacobs did what GGG did, and vice versa), all the people who have those as close fights, or have GGG losing now, would all of a sudden have GGG losing 10-2. I think that says it all.


when the first justification a fan uses is compubox..... you know they don't have a clue
aboutfkntime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 09:55 PM #94
Boxing_1013 Boxing_1013 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 4,425
Quoted: 2536 Post(s)
Rep Power: 10
Boxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 77,200.08
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 77,200.08
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboutfkntime View Post
when the first justification a fan uses is compubox..... you know they don't have a clue
That wasn't at all what I was talking about, but thanks for your opinions Time. Honestly after finding out you are 53 years old I just can't even engage with you anymore man. I just feel really bad for you. Additionally I have 0 interest in getting into any negative interactions on here; they are a waste of time and beneath me.

Unfortunately man that negativity is all you really bring to the table, seemingly incapable of having a balanced cordial unbiased discussion about the sweet science.

I wish you well man and hope that you keep studying the game!
Boxing_1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 10:08 PM #95
KTFOKING KTFOKING is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 8,692
Quoted: 5545 Post(s)
Rep Power: 19
KTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 226,913.69
Bank: 3,496.89
Total Points: 230,410.58
Default

45-48M for Canelo here? That's a great payday and probably close to what he got in the first GGG fight.

Talking about the judges scorecards are as boring and tiring as talking about the refs in the Warriors/Rockets series. Let's let the fight play out and see what kind of scorecards we getů. Of course unless there is a knockout here.
KTFOKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 11:13 PM #96
aboutfkntime aboutfkntime is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 37,315
Quoted: 18367 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
aboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these parts
Points: 211,410.42
Bank: 1,468.21
Total Points: 212,878.63
This id should have kick me and dildos every where. Sh1t poster. - mrdogtown1975 Very good post in the Man creates homunculus thread - punchr No Message - ИATAS No Message - ИATAS No Message - Scott.Weiland. 
Keeping it real - Nomadic It's about money - Nomadic Always great posts, one of the best people on here! - JK1700 Undisputed - travestyny 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing1013 View Post
That wasn't at all what I was talking about, but thanks for your opinions Time. Honestly after finding out you are 53 years old I just can't even engage with you anymore man. I just feel really bad for you. Additionally I have 0 interest in getting into any negative interactions on here; they are a waste of time and beneath me.

Unfortunately man that negativity is all you really bring to the table, seemingly incapable of having a balanced cordial unbiased discussion about the sweet science.

I wish you well man and hope that you keep studying the game!



right.....

first you pulled the typical casual-fan compubox card

then you pulled the age card

race card next..... ?

all I said was..... writing a novel based on compubox stats, is dumb
aboutfkntime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 12:09 AM #97
Boxing_1013 Boxing_1013 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 4,425
Quoted: 2536 Post(s)
Rep Power: 10
Boxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing_1013 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 77,200.08
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 77,200.08
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboutfkntime View Post
right.....

first you pulled the typical casual-fan compubox card

then you pulled the age card

race card next..... ?

all I said was..... writing a novel based on compubox stats, is dumb
The original discussion was about scoring fights, and I referenced official punch stats only in the last paragraph of my 3rd post. I wrote about 5 paragraphs in that post alone and had a couple other similarly lengthy posts with no mention of official punch stats.

I certainly don't always agree with compubox numbers, but often times they do reinforce what I see in the ring. And that was the case in all 3 of GGG's 12 round fights.

I saw him controlling the action and outlanding his opponent almost every round. Obviously his opponents had good moments too, but besides rounds 6 and 10 for Jacobs, I can't think of one automatic round against GGG in those 3 fights, and GGG had about 15 rounds in those fights. And even those 2 rounds for Jacobs weren't exactly dominant and damage-inflicting.

As I said, if GGG fought the fight of Canelo/Jacobs, and vice versa, I think all the people who have GGG losing those fights would then say GGG lost 10-2 instead of 7-5 or whatever they have it, whereas I would score it the same way, but for the opposite guy. I think that says it all.

Last edited by Boxing_1013; 05-04-2019 at 12:11 AM.
Boxing_1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 12:35 AM #98
Shadoww702 Shadoww702 is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 23,202
Quoted: 12694 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Shadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these parts
Points: 108,720.65
Bank: 2,405.62
Total Points: 111,126.27
No Message - MDPopescu No Message - RapidSon good poster :) - Boxing Goat 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing1013 View Post
I mean if a guy is swinging and missing wildly, constantly, I may give the other guy some credit for that. But very rarely does that happen - the only image in my mind where that happened recently was the one shot Lemieux tried on Saunders. And even then that was just one shot.

And it's about damage man, if I hit you 100 times but miss 100 times, and you hit me twice and miss once. Well I am obviously winning, unless there were any KOs there. Some of the good shots I referenced earlier for Canelo were body shots I believe, so I definitley factor those in when scoring a round.

Honestly before the second fight I pretty much had it 50/50, but then when I watched the fight I saw 5 clear rounds for GGG and 7 close rounds. So I didn't let my prior opinions shape my opinion of the actual fight.

The truth is that as long as GGG isn't completely gun-shy, he will probably always be hard to win clear rounds against, which will make him hard to beat. His jab/workrate/stamina just lead to him constantly scoring round in and round out, throughout the fight.

He can still be beat - he could get hurt by a shot and KD, or even KOd. He could get slowed down by some good shots which would affect his workrate. If someone dances around effectively on him for 12 rounds they may do enough that way as well.

I just haven't seen it happen yet. I mean you have a fight where he outlanded Jacobs by 56 punches, and in 9/11 rounds, in the fight and some people really try and say Jacobs won that fight lol. If the punch stats were reversed in these fights (meaning Jacobs did what GGG did, and vice versa), all the people who have those as close fights, or have GGG losing now, would all of a sudden have GGG losing 10-2. I think that says it all.
You still don't get it?? And you are VERY inconsistent at scoring....


You don't have Close fights! YOU ONLY do GGG STEAMROLLS 15 rounds to 2
Shadoww702 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 12:37 AM #99
Shadoww702 Shadoww702 is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 23,202
Quoted: 12694 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Shadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these parts
Points: 108,720.65
Bank: 2,405.62
Total Points: 111,126.27
No Message - MDPopescu No Message - RapidSon good poster :) - Boxing Goat 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboutfkntime View Post
right.....

first you pulled the typical casual-fan compubox card

then you pulled the age card

race card next..... ?

all I said was..... writing a novel based on compubox stats, is dumb
Wanna fuk with the GGGTARD??? Ask him which rounds GGG Lost??? Bet EVERY FKN time different!!!
Shadoww702 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 12:40 AM #100
Shadoww702 Shadoww702 is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 23,202
Quoted: 12694 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Shadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these parts
Points: 108,720.65
Bank: 2,405.62
Total Points: 111,126.27
No Message - MDPopescu No Message - RapidSon good poster :) - Boxing Goat 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing1013 View Post
That wasn't at all what I was talking about, but thanks for your opinions Time. Honestly after finding out you are 53 years old I just can't even engage with you anymore man. I just feel really bad for you. Additionally I have 0 interest in getting into any negative interactions on here; they are a waste of time and beneath me.

Unfortunately man that negativity is all you really bring to the table, seemingly incapable of having a balanced cordial unbiased discussion about the sweet science.

I wish you well man and hope that you keep studying the game!
How many round you GIFT Canelo??? 1, 2?? 3??? Ohh my BAD after 36 only 4 each time. YOUR JOKE!!!!!
Shadoww702 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:12 PM.