Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2019, 07:16 AM #11
Kezzer Kezzer is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 2,126
Quoted: 1077 Post(s)
Rep Power: 8
Kezzer has a reputation beyond reputeKezzer has a reputation beyond reputeKezzer has a reputation beyond reputeKezzer has a reputation beyond reputeKezzer has a reputation beyond reputeKezzer has a reputation beyond reputeKezzer has a reputation beyond reputeKezzer has a reputation beyond reputeKezzer has a reputation beyond reputeKezzer has a reputation beyond reputeKezzer has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 28,866.94
Bank: 1,276.65
Total Points: 30,143.59
Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- 
Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- 
Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangEM View Post
Huh? Without Hearn Josh would've been as big as he's if not bigger.

He was already a star in the UK after the Olympics and based on how well he started his pro career with knocking everyone out, he would've achieved everything he achieved with or without Hearn. Hearn didn't do much apart from tag along and spend money to organise events. Josh made Hearn, not the other way around.

A guy who sold out the indoor arena at the Olympic stadium for gold medal fight was destined to be a star.
Many Olympic gold medalists disappear. I can’t honestly say I hadn’t heard of him until he went pro, I never saw him fight live at the olympics (I have seen it since). I won’t be alone for sure. By the way, almost all Olympic events in uk were sold out so don’t claim it was because of AJ because at the time it wasn’t.

Eddie was with Joshua from his first pro fight so you can’t argue he just tagged along. His matchmaking and more importantly where he fought Joshua was very clever; moving him around the country to expose him more - and big events too, none more so than on the Froch groves undercard.

Sky sports worked with him too.
Kezzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-16-2019, 07:22 AM #12
Randall Cunning Randall Cunning is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 5,591
Quoted: 3376 Post(s)
Rep Power: 19
Randall Cunning has a reputation beyond reputeRandall Cunning has a reputation beyond reputeRandall Cunning has a reputation beyond reputeRandall Cunning has a reputation beyond reputeRandall Cunning has a reputation beyond reputeRandall Cunning has a reputation beyond reputeRandall Cunning has a reputation beyond reputeRandall Cunning has a reputation beyond reputeRandall Cunning has a reputation beyond reputeRandall Cunning has a reputation beyond reputeRandall Cunning has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 61,647.13
Bank: 1,251.62
Total Points: 62,898.75
Had me rolling man.  CHEERS! - anthonydavid11 Cheers - BigZ44 gAy J embarassed Brits by ducking, quack quack LOL. - ^lll gAy J LOL - ^lll The muppet and the puppet (Eddie and gAy J). - ^lll 
Default

Captain Hindsight here with all the answers
Randall Cunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 07:26 AM #13
BangEM BangEM is offline
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 915
Quoted: 710 Post(s)
Rep Power: 2
BangEM has a reputation beyond reputeBangEM has a reputation beyond reputeBangEM has a reputation beyond reputeBangEM has a reputation beyond reputeBangEM has a reputation beyond reputeBangEM has a reputation beyond reputeBangEM has a reputation beyond reputeBangEM has a reputation beyond reputeBangEM has a reputation beyond reputeBangEM has a reputation beyond reputeBangEM has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 40,677.97
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 40,677.97
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezzer View Post
Many Olympic gold medalists disappear. I canít honestly say I hadnít heard of him until he went pro, I never saw him fight live at the olympics (I have seen it since). I wonít be alone for sure. By the way, almost all Olympic events in uk were sold out so donít claim it was because of AJ because at the time it wasnít.

Eddie was with Joshua from his first pro fight so you canít argue he just tagged along. His matchmaking and more importantly where he fought Joshua was very clever; moving him around the country to expose him more - and big events too, none more so than on the Froch groves undercard.

Sky sports worked with him too.
You're obviously not from the UK and a casual. Josh was actually popular when he was an amateur, not just in the UK, but also in the US boxing circles. He's one of the most hyped Olympian in recent times and the star power was there before he turned pro.

Matchroom was about to leave boxing before they signed Josh. So if Hearn was that great, why did it take one man to save Matchroom boxing? Why didn't he and his dad do it with the other boxers before Josh?

The Matchmaking has been terrible from the get-go, they rushed everything about Josh and the greed ended up backfiring with the Ruiz choice.

Josh saved Matchroom boxing. If not for him, Matchroom would be promoting only darts and snooker right now. Facts.
BangEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 08:45 AM #14
Motorcity Cobra Motorcity Cobra is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 27,537
Quoted: 21153 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Motorcity Cobra is infamous around these partsMotorcity Cobra is infamous around these partsMotorcity Cobra is infamous around these partsMotorcity Cobra is infamous around these partsMotorcity Cobra is infamous around these partsMotorcity Cobra is infamous around these partsMotorcity Cobra is infamous around these partsMotorcity Cobra is infamous around these partsMotorcity Cobra is infamous around these partsMotorcity Cobra is infamous around these partsMotorcity Cobra is infamous around these parts
Points: 337,705.97
Bank: 1,264.17
Total Points: 338,970.14
always dropping hot boxing news first - Sup Do your thang m8 - Canelo and GGG for exposing (((them))) - Sup Nobody cared when you were banned because nobody likes you - Arthur Dayne Good effort!!! - MDPopescu 
Rock on brother - siablo14 splitting your mommy clean in two - //// clown - apples Because you can't keep our white dlcks out of your mouth - !nternation Thanks for the help - 1bad65 
for keeping us informed...thanks for your efforts - jazluvr to celebrate the life of Roy Hargrove - jazluvr Your reparations - Robbie Barrett 
Default

One thing im not gonna criticize Hearn for (and I criticize him a lot) is making a competitive fight. This thread is weird
Motorcity Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 08:50 AM #15
deathofaclown deathofaclown is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 6,414
Quoted: 2871 Post(s)
Rep Power: 17
deathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 25,661.86
Bank: 1,138.46
Total Points: 26,800.32
Quality Poster - Dr Rumack consistent quality posting - Beyonce Bomber Funny comment about the Larry account - Nomadic Flamboyant poster - Weltschmerz word life - Santa_ 
Cheers! - BombZquad You are an awesome poster, you rock! - Slick..Slayer 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
One thing im not gonna criticize Hearn for is making a competitive fight. This thread is weird
Letís be honest though, Ruiz was meant to be a knockover job to showcase Joshua in USA. They picked Ruiz because he was credible enough but with no chance, in their own minds.

That was meant to be a showcase for Joshua, not a real fight and it backfired. Eddies intentions were not to put Joshua in a competitive fight, no matter what he says, he thought Ruiz was on the level of the likes of Breazeale
deathofaclown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 09:39 AM #16
Motorcity Cobra Motorcity Cobra is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 27,537
Quoted: 21153 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Motorcity Cobra is infamous around these partsMotorcity Cobra is infamous around these partsMotorcity Cobra is infamous around these partsMotorcity Cobra is infamous around these partsMotorcity Cobra is infamous around these partsMotorcity Cobra is infamous around these partsMotorcity Cobra is infamous around these partsMotorcity Cobra is infamous around these partsMotorcity Cobra is infamous around these partsMotorcity Cobra is infamous around these partsMotorcity Cobra is infamous around these parts
Points: 337,705.97
Bank: 1,264.17
Total Points: 338,970.14
always dropping hot boxing news first - Sup Do your thang m8 - Canelo and GGG for exposing (((them))) - Sup Nobody cared when you were banned because nobody likes you - Arthur Dayne Good effort!!! - MDPopescu 
Rock on brother - siablo14 splitting your mommy clean in two - //// clown - apples Because you can't keep our white dlcks out of your mouth - !nternation Thanks for the help - 1bad65 
for keeping us informed...thanks for your efforts - jazluvr to celebrate the life of Roy Hargrove - jazluvr Your reparations - Robbie Barrett 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathofaclown View Post
Letís be honest though, Ruiz was meant to be a knockover job to showcase Joshua in USA. They picked Ruiz because he was credible enough but with no chance, in their own minds.

That was meant to be a showcase for Joshua, not a real fight and it backfired. Eddies intentions were not to put Joshua in a competitive fight, no matter what he says, he thought Ruiz was on the level of the likes of Breazeale
I don't believe that at all. He was picked because it made the most sense. Mexican-American fighter on the same app as Canelo. Was in shape & active. Could step in & immediately pass drug tests. I think Miller was the showcase fight.
Motorcity Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 10:30 AM #17
Ray* Ray* is offline
BILLY RAY* CYRUS JR
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, England
Age: 40
Posts: 37,946
Quoted: 5739 Post(s)
Rep Power: 93
Ray* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 18,849.40
Bank: 92,803.59
Total Points: 111,652.99
Let's just say it's a smokescreen. - BattlingNelson an apple a day, ray - for being one of the most consistently sound guys here, someone i can agree with even when i disagree - Man In Black Cool cat, good poster - mangler Sorry dude! - S a m u r a i Excellent poster - ADDICT 
Took a while for this to be available mate! - Tamis_Siensya Ray* deserves a kick - Freedom. have a slice - sugarsmosley One of the best posters on the forum for a long time! - JK1700 Great posting! - Tony Trick-Pony 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i 
Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushking View Post
I can't believe theres fans now asking for promoters to pick bums instead of real threats. This is literally whats wrong with Boxing. We as fans are supposed to commend fighters & promoters for taking risks but instead the entire boxing world is acting like Ruiz winning is the same thing as watching your baby beaten purple. Suddenly ppl are acting as if AJ losing is some sort of tragic event when it has literally revitalized boxing in the mainstream.

No surprise though because its AJ fanatics that are going through the 5 stages of grief in front of the world on social media.
Thank you.....
Ray* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 11:14 AM #18
deathofaclown deathofaclown is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 6,414
Quoted: 2871 Post(s)
Rep Power: 17
deathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 25,661.86
Bank: 1,138.46
Total Points: 26,800.32
Quality Poster - Dr Rumack consistent quality posting - Beyonce Bomber Funny comment about the Larry account - Nomadic Flamboyant poster - Weltschmerz word life - Santa_ 
Cheers! - BombZquad You are an awesome poster, you rock! - Slick..Slayer 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
I don't believe that at all. He was picked because it made the most sense. Mexican-American fighter on the same app as Canelo. Was in shape & active. Could step in & immediately pass drug tests. I think Miller was the showcase fight.
Miller was but so was Ruiz.

At the end of the day, had AJ beat him, everyone would be saying it was just a cherry pick to showcase himself in USA because thatís what it was meant to be.

It was a showcase fight v Miller and they picked a stand in with the showcase still in mind. Donít be fooled to think anything differently.

Ruiz ticked a lot of boxes to be credible enough without any real chance to win, or so they thought.

They certainly couldíve picked easier fighters than Ruiz, so fair play for that but he was still picked to come in and get steamrolled, thatís the truth.
deathofaclown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 11:26 AM #19
sicko sicko is offline
The Truth Hurts
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 24,112
Quoted: 4198 Post(s)
Rep Power: 61
sicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 79,301.35
Bank: 1,264.17
Total Points: 80,565.52
good posts, here's a gift. - chiguy91 Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil No Message - CTC JOHNNY CHEERS! - anthonydavid11 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - chiguy91 
Default

ESPN is POWERFUL with the ability to reach a much bigger audience, particularly the casual sports fan. They will keep replaying his entrance, him slipping punches and him singing Aerosmith after the fight. Everything worked out Perfectly for his ESPN Debut!
sicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 12:31 PM #20
boliodogs boliodogs is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 26,500
Quoted: 6644 Post(s)
Rep Power: 74
boliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 17,548.84
Bank: 99,695.93
Total Points: 117,244.77
For spreading some interesting dog (+ boxing) knowledge ;) - PainfromUkraine war canelo!! - KO MX consistent levelheaded objectivity - lefthook2daliva Keep terminating retards! - Krusher P4P #1 Good poster - -Weltschmerz- 
Good poster - MDPopescu Cheers to a good poster! - King Krusher Great Post! Ward fans are cheater fans. - anthonydavid11 Very good poster! - JK1700 Great post, man! Killing it! - anthonydavid11 
Default

AJ was the champ an d he wasn't supposed to fight a cherry pick. Hearn did nothing wrong in picking a decent opponent. AJ was a huge favorite and he lost. Hearn is a good promoter in my opinion. He is a very wealthy man from doing what he does well.
boliodogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Tags
dumb, eddie, fu..cker, hearn, honest:, let's, mouth

User Tag List

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:25 AM.