Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2019, 11:23 PM #271
TonyGe TonyGe is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 9,007
Quoted: 5050 Post(s)
Rep Power: 23
TonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 93,154.81
Bank: 6,489.47
Total Points: 99,644.28
Old Teddy's depends.  Haha.  Good post. - anthonydavid11 You're a good poster and contributor to this site - desktop 0 I enjoy reading what you write - !a! wise man - !a! keep up the good work - !a! 
Remove dentures--insert into mouth - GhostofDempsey For those lonely nights when gay porn just isn't getting it up for you any more - GhostofDempsey No Message - ^lll No Message - ^lll No Message - ^lll 
No Message - ^lll No Message - ^lll No Message - ^lll No Message - ^lll No Message - ^lll 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboutfkntime View Post
he got backed up you fkn idiot
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.


he elected to NOT hold his ground and back Canelo up..... like he did in the first fight

again, you can call that whatever you like, because it does not matter..... Golovkin did not hold his ground, back Canelo up, and break Canelo down..... as per his gameplan

Canelo followed his gameplan perfectly

* effective aggression - CHECK
* clean hard punching - CHECK
* defense - CHECK
* ring generalship - CHECK

and no, pitty-pat pushed jabs are not valid scoring criteria

and the reason why pitty-pat jabs are not official scoring criteria in a professional boxing match..... is because some idiot would rock up and insist that his guy won the boxing match, despite his guy getting his face rearranged in the actual fight..... like what happened to Golovkin

says he is not a Golovkin fan..... blurts out the same silly golov-excuses as the rest of the idiots
You're the idiot. Golovkin fought Canelo the way a pressure fighter is supposed to be countered. Back up when necessary but don't give up the center of the ring. Move to the side. USE YOUR JAB. His jab was effective in controlling Canelo's aggression. Jabs are scoring punches whether you like it or not. Golovkin outlanded him 2 to 1 in jabs. Outlanded him to the head by a wide margin. Did not get pushed to the ropes or abandon the center of the ring. I fact I'm pretty sure the only fighter that had his back to the ropes in that fight was Canelo. Golovkin's jabs were not pitty pat as you describe. There were plenty of hard jabs that snapped Canelo's head back. Jabs are punches and count whether it fits your agenda or not. As Teddy Atlas said in an interview since when don't jabs count.
Canelo's power punches other than causing some facial swelling that's not unusual in older fighters didn't stagger Golovkin stun him or knock him down despite Canelo's promises of a KO. Canelo's so called power punches were being pushed when he got tired. A lot of then were cuffing shots. Give it up. Canelo lost. Got another gift from the judges.
TonyGe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-10-2019, 11:26 PM #272
TonyGe TonyGe is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 9,007
Quoted: 5050 Post(s)
Rep Power: 23
TonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 93,154.81
Bank: 6,489.47
Total Points: 99,644.28
Old Teddy's depends.  Haha.  Good post. - anthonydavid11 You're a good poster and contributor to this site - desktop 0 I enjoy reading what you write - !a! wise man - !a! keep up the good work - !a! 
Remove dentures--insert into mouth - GhostofDempsey For those lonely nights when gay porn just isn't getting it up for you any more - GhostofDempsey No Message - ^lll No Message - ^lll No Message - ^lll 
No Message - ^lll No Message - ^lll No Message - ^lll No Message - ^lll No Message - ^lll 
Default

Tom that's one hell of an obstacle. Why wasn't there a rematch clause in Golovkin's contract for crying out loud.
TonyGe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 11:48 PM #273
BeLikeWater BeLikeWater is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 1,224
Quoted: 841 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
BeLikeWater is infamous around these partsBeLikeWater is infamous around these partsBeLikeWater is infamous around these partsBeLikeWater is infamous around these partsBeLikeWater is infamous around these partsBeLikeWater is infamous around these partsBeLikeWater is infamous around these partsBeLikeWater is infamous around these partsBeLikeWater is infamous around these partsBeLikeWater is infamous around these partsBeLikeWater is infamous around these parts
Points: 25,818.04
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 25,818.04
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruedboy View Post
Thanks for giving us the benefit of your encyclopedic boxing knowledge.
You should get in touch with all those boxing alphabets that rate Golovkin as the #1 contender.
That includes WBO, WBC, WBA, Transnational and IBO.
Who needs those so called experts when they don't even know "GGG is done".
Keep up the excellent analysis and don't let any facts get in the way.
Well now that he's got that fat canelo paycheck he can afford to buy rankings. Because God knows how beating rolls gets you to be #1...
BeLikeWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 12:52 AM #274
TonyGe TonyGe is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 9,007
Quoted: 5050 Post(s)
Rep Power: 23
TonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 93,154.81
Bank: 6,489.47
Total Points: 99,644.28
Old Teddy's depends.  Haha.  Good post. - anthonydavid11 You're a good poster and contributor to this site - desktop 0 I enjoy reading what you write - !a! wise man - !a! keep up the good work - !a! 
Remove dentures--insert into mouth - GhostofDempsey For those lonely nights when gay porn just isn't getting it up for you any more - GhostofDempsey No Message - ^lll No Message - ^lll No Message - ^lll 
No Message - ^lll No Message - ^lll No Message - ^lll No Message - ^lll No Message - ^lll 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDPopescu View Post
Andrade is with Hearn, right?
Yeah he is but according to the post Andrade says Oscar knows about this. I assumed that's his source.
TonyGe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 01:05 AM #275
jdp28tx jdp28tx is offline
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 902
Quoted: 505 Post(s)
Rep Power: 7
jdp28tx has a brilliant futurejdp28tx has a brilliant futurejdp28tx has a brilliant futurejdp28tx has a brilliant futurejdp28tx has a brilliant futurejdp28tx has a brilliant futurejdp28tx has a brilliant futurejdp28tx has a brilliant futurejdp28tx has a brilliant futurejdp28tx has a brilliant futurejdp28tx has a brilliant future
Points: 17,233.24
Bank: 1,264.17
Total Points: 18,497.41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitmanTommy View Post
Yeah, he's not letting it get to the scorecards.

He'd throw everything at Canelo including the kitchen sink this time around.

Why did he not do it in the first fight and the second fight. The older he gets the less he will want to stick his nose out and get into a war. He will likely try and fight behind his jab again trying to move around and outbox Canelo, which is why he has Banks. But we all know that is a fools errand as he cannot outbox Canelo.
jdp28tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 01:26 AM #276
jdp28tx jdp28tx is offline
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 902
Quoted: 505 Post(s)
Rep Power: 7
jdp28tx has a brilliant futurejdp28tx has a brilliant futurejdp28tx has a brilliant futurejdp28tx has a brilliant futurejdp28tx has a brilliant futurejdp28tx has a brilliant futurejdp28tx has a brilliant futurejdp28tx has a brilliant futurejdp28tx has a brilliant futurejdp28tx has a brilliant futurejdp28tx has a brilliant future
Points: 17,233.24
Bank: 1,264.17
Total Points: 18,497.41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboutfkntime View Post
that is at least the 2nd time you have put (incorrect) words in my mouth

I said..... Golovkin did not hold his ground..... he did not back Canelo up..... and he did not break Canelo down..... as per his gameplan.....

Sanchez wanted Golovkin to take the fight to Canelo, and he prepared/trained him accordingly..... but, nope..... one guy fought his fight, and the other guy did not

one guy displayed effective aggression (official scoring criteria #1)..... and the other guy did not

one guy has an argument for winning that fight through clean hard punching (official scoring criteria #2)..... the other guy does not

one guy displayed noticeably better defense than the other guy (official scoring criteria #3)

one guy fought his fight, and inflicted the gameplan on his opponent (official scoring criteria #4)..... and the other guy did not

I mean..... without even going into the specifics above - which should be clearly obvious - your argument, that the guy who could not get his game going and who got beaten up..... won the fight..... is a real hard sell..... which is why Sanchez admitted that Golovkin did not win the fight, and why the only judge who awarded the first fight to Golovkin awarded the rematch to Canelo

you guys are pushing shlt uphill with a pointed stick

lucky that you are not one of those rabid golovkin fans

no, wait..... LMAO
This "outworked" argument is all GGG fanatics have to fall back on. It is a very ignorant argument because throwing the most punches is not what wins fights. If that is the case then Jirov beat Toney and we all know that was not the case. But these GGG fanatics would argue Jirov beat Toney just because Jirov threw more punches. But takeaway GGG's jab ,which accounted for the large majority of his thrown punches, he did not land ****. Even his jab was not accurate as he only landed 1% higher than Canelo's jabs even though he threw many more.
jdp28tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 02:27 AM #277
Shadoww702 Shadoww702 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 22,871
Quoted: 12519 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Shadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these parts
Points: 101,697.38
Bank: 2,334.70
Total Points: 104,032.08
No Message - MDPopescu No Message - RapidSon good poster :) - Boxing Goat 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruedboy View Post
Thanks for giving us the benefit of your encyclopedic boxing knowledge.
You should get in touch with all those boxing alphabets that rate Golovkin as the #1 contender.
That includes WBO, WBC, WBA, Transnational and IBO.
Who needs those so called experts when they don't even know "GGG is done".
Keep up the excellent analysis and don't let any facts get in the way.
Umm the WBC has two champ listed so technically ggg is 3rd best ranked boxer. GGG gave up is ranking when he refused to fight Charlo.

And the WBA has two fighters ranked higher as well.
Shadoww702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 02:30 AM #278
Shadoww702 Shadoww702 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 22,871
Quoted: 12519 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Shadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these parts
Points: 101,697.38
Bank: 2,334.70
Total Points: 104,032.08
No Message - MDPopescu No Message - RapidSon good poster :) - Boxing Goat 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdp28tx View Post
This "outworked" argument is all GGG fanatics have to fall back on. It is a very ignorant argument because throwing the most punches is not what wins fights. If that is the case then Jirov beat Toney and we all know that was not the case. But these GGG fanatics would argue Jirov beat Toney just because Jirov threw more punches. But takeaway GGG's jab ,which accounted for the large majority of his thrown punches, he did not land ****. Even his jab was not accurate as he only landed 1% higher than Canelo's jabs even though he threw many more.
He is 100% correct that is the right way to score a fight. Just looking at compubox is the WORST way to score a fight.

That other guy also took GGG by KO so take that in consideration. Then gave GGG like 9-10 rounds both times. How someone scores a fight by rounds is all you need to know how biased or fair they are...

Last edited by Shadoww702; 06-11-2019 at 02:33 AM.
Shadoww702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 02:48 AM #279
Shadoww702 Shadoww702 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 22,871
Quoted: 12519 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Shadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these partsShadoww702 is infamous around these parts
Points: 101,697.38
Bank: 2,334.70
Total Points: 104,032.08
No Message - MDPopescu No Message - RapidSon good poster :) - Boxing Goat 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali_KO View Post
Maybe a rematch with Rocky Fielding would be good business for Canelo. The way Steve Rolls fought, he would KO Fielding too, but Canelo fans donít want to hear that
And these are GGG fans lol!

Rolls ranked #105 at MW
Fielding ranked top 10 at SMW.

I would put $$$$ on Fielding in that fight. Just like when you dopes said Smith wasnít sht. He made me $$$ against Williams and is constantly ranked his in his weight class. Iíll put $$$ on him again in the future. Maybe youíll take the other guy???
Shadoww702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 02:51 AM #280
TonyGe TonyGe is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 9,007
Quoted: 5050 Post(s)
Rep Power: 23
TonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond reputeTonyGe has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 93,154.81
Bank: 6,489.47
Total Points: 99,644.28
Old Teddy's depends.  Haha.  Good post. - anthonydavid11 You're a good poster and contributor to this site - desktop 0 I enjoy reading what you write - !a! wise man - !a! keep up the good work - !a! 
Remove dentures--insert into mouth - GhostofDempsey For those lonely nights when gay porn just isn't getting it up for you any more - GhostofDempsey No Message - ^lll No Message - ^lll No Message - ^lll 
No Message - ^lll No Message - ^lll No Message - ^lll No Message - ^lll No Message - ^lll 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali_KO View Post
Maybe a rematch with Rocky Fielding would be good business for Canel ito. The way Steve Rolls fought, he would KO Fielding too, but Canelo fans donít want to hear that
I'd love to see a Rolls,/Fielding matchup.
TonyGe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:29 AM.