Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2019, 10:53 AM #31
killakali killakali is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kalifornia
Posts: 5,733
Quoted: 3695 Post(s)
Rep Power: 22
killakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 50,580.73
Bank: 1,270.49
Total Points: 51,851.22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scipio2009 View Post
Who outside of PBC is currently on a better deal than Gary Russell Jr is right now, especially at 126/130lbs, lol.

Gary Russell Jr likely made $2m+ on the JoJo Diaz fight (Rafael is saying that he made $1.4m plus a piece of the gate); no info yet on what he got to fight Kiko Martinez under Wilder-Breazeale.

Is Top Rank paying $2.5m+ per fight to GRJ? I doubt it.
he didnít likely make m+ plus lol. Again you are making up and indenting numbers. He may have made a hundred grand off the gate. Stop just making numbers up.

Lomachenko just makes 3.2 million for Crolla. Iím sure if they want to they can pay Russell over 2 mil a fight.

Pbc has 3 good fights for GRJ. LSC Mares and Tank. LSC and Mares have been good fights for 4 years lol and Haymon hasnít made them.

GRJ is the one letting it be known he is ready to leave if he gets a good offer. What does that tell you? Heís obviously not happy.

This is his way of pushing back at Haymon saying make the LSC fight or Im gone.
killakali is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-21-2019, 10:55 AM #32
killakali killakali is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kalifornia
Posts: 5,733
Quoted: 3695 Post(s)
Rep Power: 22
killakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 50,580.73
Bank: 1,270.49
Total Points: 51,851.22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggum View Post
yes hes making more than he used to but hes still making far less than he would have if he didnt duck joshua so i dont really understand his plan. not sure what haymons plan is either since guys that fight on regular showtime dont normally make 10 million a fight so wilder is playing haymon and haymon is playing showtime whose numbers have been horrible lately. im sure they are happy with all this
wilder made like 17 million for Breazeale. Haymon has to pay almost 10 million out of his own pocket to keep from DAZN and pay they purse. He lost a lot of money on that fight.
killakali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 11:40 AM #33
Ray* Ray* is online now
BILLY RAY* CYRUS JR
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, England
Age: 40
Posts: 37,951
Quoted: 5740 Post(s)
Rep Power: 93
Ray* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 18,898.22
Bank: 92,803.59
Total Points: 111,701.81
Let's just say it's a smokescreen. - BattlingNelson an apple a day, ray - for being one of the most consistently sound guys here, someone i can agree with even when i disagree - Man In Black Cool cat, good poster - mangler Sorry dude! - S a m u r a i Excellent poster - ADDICT 
Took a while for this to be available mate! - Tamis_Siensya Ray* deserves a kick - Freedom. have a slice - sugarsmosley One of the best posters on the forum for a long time! - JK1700 Great posting! - Tony Trick-Pony 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i 
Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Walken View Post
You sound stupid and just looking to argue for the sake of arguing without any facts and basically no truth to everything.
Thatís what I thought. Some of you guys are the worse ďBoxing fansĒ on this forum. When hit in the fact with numbers and fact you start calling people names lol. The fact that you automatically supported the promoter over the fighter based on rumours not facts, show are narrow minded you are. You guys are for the promoters, because one fighter complained about his activity level you calling him names. I havenít seen any other fans on this forums doing that... Just the Haymon loyalist like yourself.... And when called on it, this is you guys exact response. Am glad I expose your dumb arguement and hurt your feelings.... Next time stop calling out the boxers, GRJ should be on his knees because he is fighting once a year... Spence should too, Breazeale should too... the pattern is there, loyalist like yourself wouldnít see it.
Ray* is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 11:42 AM #34
The3 The3 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 1,195
Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Rep Power: 3
The3 is a splendid one to beholdThe3 is a splendid one to beholdThe3 is a splendid one to beholdThe3 is a splendid one to beholdThe3 is a splendid one to beholdThe3 is a splendid one to beholdThe3 is a splendid one to behold
Points: 19,763.15
Bank: 1,251.62
Total Points: 21,014.77
Default


The3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 11:48 AM #35
R_Walken R_Walken is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 5,501
Quoted: 2521 Post(s)
Rep Power: 18
R_Walken has a reputation beyond reputeR_Walken has a reputation beyond reputeR_Walken has a reputation beyond reputeR_Walken has a reputation beyond reputeR_Walken has a reputation beyond reputeR_Walken has a reputation beyond reputeR_Walken has a reputation beyond reputeR_Walken has a reputation beyond reputeR_Walken has a reputation beyond reputeR_Walken has a reputation beyond reputeR_Walken has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 37,769.08
Bank: 1,245.39
Total Points: 39,014.47
Awesome posts, get yourself an avatar to match - DramaShow- 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTFOKING View Post
End of the day, he wants that big fight with LSC period. It should and needs to happen. If he doesn't get it, then he has options elsewhere. GRJ is hypocrite in some of the things he says, but he has a valid case here of being upset with his team if they can't get him a in house unification bout vs LSC. Like there are no excuses for that not to happen.

LIS on Saturday, his next fight better be against LSC/Davis/Farmer...This was when there were rumors he may leave to DAZN. If he goes to ESPN, then Valdez/Warrington/Berchelt. I'll be okay if he fights Mares/Frampton, but he should be aiming higher than that.
Theyíve been talking about setting up LSC / GRJ for years

when LSC fought Frampton GRJ was on the telecast with Selby ( Iíd assume as a prelude to setting up that fight with the winner having 2 straps and fighting LSC / Frampton down the line )

Yet that never happend / GRJ / LSC has been discussed for years even rumours of it being in the undercard of Wilder / Fury . Again nothing happend

PBC had control of 3 straps at 126 and almost all the notable names ( Mares /LSC/Frampton/Selby / GRJ) You throw Warrington in the mix and everyone of them has been in fights against each the last couple years except Russel that canít be a coincidence. How can Haymon get all the others to Top Guns to fight But canít do it for GRJ , I mean Garyís Black And American shouldnít he be Haymins favorite in that division according to some

Sh.it Valdez is stuck in a island on Espn and even he fought Quigg. The only time Gary doesnít fight absolute no hopers is when itís mandated by the sanctioning bodies. When itís not mandated itís a steady stream of C class fighters

According to PBC Fighters Haymon will give 2-3 names that a fighter can fight and they choose who they want

How can anyone look at the situation and not think Garyís the one to blame for his sh.it Opponets and inactivity
R_Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 11:51 AM #36
KTFOKING KTFOKING is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 7,301
Quoted: 4641 Post(s)
Rep Power: 16
KTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 169,832.05
Bank: 1,264.17
Total Points: 171,096.22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray* View Post
The evidence does NOT support your theory or the rumours. The evidence supports the boxers NOT PBC, There are plenty of fighters who have the same activity levels as GRJ in PBC.

So it cannot be the boxers, it has to be the promotional outfit, how do you explain Breazeale having only three fights since he lost to Joshua in mid-2016 and Whyte having nine fights in within the same time frame Or Andy Ruiz having seven fights in that same time frame?

How do we explain Broner, Spence, Danny Garcia, Charlo etc having an average of 1 or 2 fights per year between them over the last 3 years?

There is an activity issue with PBC, and this has been glaring for a while now, some boxers actually want to get in the ring, fight, get paid and showcase their talent...Oppose to sitting on the shelf and getting paid minimum cheque and then singing "All praise Haymon" on social media.

So am praising GRJ for wanting to fight more often, he would obviously be destroyed for speaking out as evident by your original post about him. But for a talented boxer like him, he has turned into a right ol joke with his non-activity and TBA/TBC opponents....Maybe that's why he is speaking out and good for him.
There is no doubt Haymon had FAR too many fighters and not enough dates to keep his guys busy in the past. But that is no longer the case. However, GRJ himself on numerous occasions has said he likes to only fight once a year to preserve his body and have longevity in the sport. This is why I said he is a hypocrite at times. So no doubt guys like Spence/Charlo bros/etc were inactive against their will, but as for GRJ? I legitimately think it was his own doing. I mean he was even inactive in 2015 when the PBC were on damn near every network. This is just who he is.
KTFOKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 11:51 AM #37
R_Walken R_Walken is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 5,501
Quoted: 2521 Post(s)
Rep Power: 18
R_Walken has a reputation beyond reputeR_Walken has a reputation beyond reputeR_Walken has a reputation beyond reputeR_Walken has a reputation beyond reputeR_Walken has a reputation beyond reputeR_Walken has a reputation beyond reputeR_Walken has a reputation beyond reputeR_Walken has a reputation beyond reputeR_Walken has a reputation beyond reputeR_Walken has a reputation beyond reputeR_Walken has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 37,769.08
Bank: 1,245.39
Total Points: 39,014.47
Awesome posts, get yourself an avatar to match - DramaShow- 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Curry View Post
I too have heard variations on this, based on Gary being somewhat injury prone. When I brought it up with someone loosely acquainted with him they reacted with genuine surprise.
This has been followed by the man himself speaking out.

Make of it what you will.
Yeah I heard itís his hands are injury prone and he doesnít have a desire to fight more then once a year

But I could be wrong / I just doubt Gary been kicking down the door demanding to be more active and fight better names and heís just been getting the cold shoulder for 4+ years
R_Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 11:56 AM #38
KTFOKING KTFOKING is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 7,301
Quoted: 4641 Post(s)
Rep Power: 16
KTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 169,832.05
Bank: 1,264.17
Total Points: 171,096.22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Walken View Post
Theyíve been talking about setting up LSC / GRJ for years

when LSC fought Frampton GRJ was on the telecast with Selby ( Iíd assume as a prelude to setting up that fight with the winner having 2 straps and fighting LSC / Frampton down the line )

Yet that never happend / GRJ / LSC has been discussed for years even rumours of it being in the undercard of Wilder / Fury . Again nothing happend

PBC had control of 3 straps at 126 and almost all the notable names ( Mares /LSC/Frampton/Selby / GRJ) You throw Warrington in the mix and everyone of them has been in fights against each the last couple years except Russel that canít be a coincidence. How can Haymon get all the others to Top Guns to fight But canít do it for GRJ , I mean Garyís Black And American shouldnít he be Haymins favorite in that division according to some

Sh.it Valdez is stuck in a island on Espn and even he fought Quigg. The only time Gary doesnít fight absolute no hopers is when itís mandated by the sanctioning bodies. When itís not mandated itís a steady stream of C class fighters

According to PBC Fighters Haymon will give 2-3 names that a fighter can fight and they choose who they want

How can anyone look at the situation and not think Garyís the one to blame for his sh.it Opponets and inactivity
Whatever the reason was, he hasn't been able to get those fights. And he is making it crystal clear it is not on him, but on Haymon and his Leo's team. So now there is no excuse not to get the fight made. I'm sure GRJ in the past may have been a reason some of those fights were not being made, but he wants the LSC now...and he wants it badly. Even Keith Idec mentioned a few weeks ago that the hold up is LSC, NOT GRJ. That is a guy plugged in the PBC and would know what is going on.
KTFOKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 12:05 PM #39
Ray* Ray* is online now
BILLY RAY* CYRUS JR
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, England
Age: 40
Posts: 37,951
Quoted: 5740 Post(s)
Rep Power: 93
Ray* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 18,898.22
Bank: 92,803.59
Total Points: 111,701.81
Let's just say it's a smokescreen. - BattlingNelson an apple a day, ray - for being one of the most consistently sound guys here, someone i can agree with even when i disagree - Man In Black Cool cat, good poster - mangler Sorry dude! - S a m u r a i Excellent poster - ADDICT 
Took a while for this to be available mate! - Tamis_Siensya Ray* deserves a kick - Freedom. have a slice - sugarsmosley One of the best posters on the forum for a long time! - JK1700 Great posting! - Tony Trick-Pony 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i 
Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTFOKING View Post
There is no doubt Haymon had FAR too many fighters and not enough dates to keep his guys busy in the past. But that is no longer the case. However, GRJ himself on numerous occasions has said he likes to only fight once a year to preserve his body and have longevity in the sport. This is why I said he is a hypocrite at times. So no doubt guys like Spence/Charlo bros/etc were inactive against their will, but as for GRJ? I legitimately think it was his own doing. I mean he was even inactive in 2015 when the PBC were on damn near every network. This is just who he is.
I live with your post, because your points are valid from history of PBC, GRJ...
Ray* is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 12:13 PM #40
KTFOKING KTFOKING is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 7,301
Quoted: 4641 Post(s)
Rep Power: 16
KTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 169,832.05
Bank: 1,264.17
Total Points: 171,096.22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray* View Post
I live with your post, because your points are valid from history of PBC, GRJ...
Furthermore, here are some quotes from just last year:

Quote:
"You've got to find the good within a situation. I have had hand injuries in the past. The more time you take off it gives me the opportunity to preserve my body to the best of my ability and spend time with my family," said Russell, the married father of three daughters and a son.
Gary Russell Sr., who trains his son and celebrates his birthday on Friday, would like to see his Gary Jr. fight more frequently.

Quote:
"I don't like it," Russell Sr. said of the inactivity. "I want him to fight more. Three times (per year) at least. My hands are tied. I give him advice. I advocated for more fights, it didn't happen. I really want him to fight more."

Has Russell Sr. voiced his view to his son?

"Absolutely," he said. "It gets to a point where you're beating a dead horse."
[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

GRJ and Thurman are different cats. They like their current schedule of only fighting once a year (KT used to before injuries). But at least KT usually will fight a big fight in his lone fight of the year. GRJ on the other hand has a bunch of dud fights that no one cares for.
KTFOKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Tags
gary, haymon, rank, russell, sign, walk

User Tag List

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:03 AM.