Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge

Old 05-09-2019, 02:45 AM #21
Loma is inside you

Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Lomasexual has a reputation beyond reputeLomasexual has a reputation beyond reputeLomasexual has a reputation beyond reputeLomasexual has a reputation beyond reputeLomasexual has a reputation beyond reputeLomasexual has a reputation beyond reputeLomasexual has a reputation beyond reputeLomasexual has a reputation beyond reputeLomasexual has a reputation beyond reputeLomasexual has a reputation beyond reputeLomasexual has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,396.77
Total Points: 44,645.34
No Message - Lomasexual No Message - Lomasexual No Message - Lomasexual Z may take this. Thanks for the vote... - Tony Trick-Pony Legend - Shrap 

Quote:
Originally Posted by //// View Post
I don't know if this is his argument per se, but he is an evolutionary psychologist so you have to place it into context. In evolutionary psychology, everyone is religious (literally) because humans have been proven to be genetically hardwired to possess the unique trait of religiosity unpresent in other species (regardless of their conscious beliefs).

I'm consciously agnostic but I'm human so my brain is still hardwired to make vague wordless pleas to the universe and consider "morality" in an abstract, self-justifying rather than consequentialist context. It's chemically inescapable & probably related to why historically irreligiousity has tended to coincide with societal decline & erratic fertility.

Again I don't know if that's his specific argument, but if it is, it's not a new or fringe one.

EO Wilson (IMO the most important scientist ever born) believed that religiosity is a critical component of human behavioral health regardless of how true or untrue the specific set of beliefs may be. Again via comparing human equivalents to indicators of societal decline in other species (in his case ants colonies)
There are definitely some oddities about the human brain. The fact that you can make people think that they are in the presence of a divine being simply by zapping a part of their cortex is really interesting.

But I don't think that is what Jordan is getting at. Or at least, if it is, then he isn't good at presenting it that way.

Here's a video of a guy who disagrees with Jordan's takes on religion, and breaks it down.

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

Of course, that's just a snapshot, and there is always more to the story.
Lomasexual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 05:13 AM #22
Successful As HELL !

Quoted: 4839 Post(s)
Curtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 217,034.65
Let me start you off, cuz. - Bobby Deez There ya go lad - lparm Cheers to black unicorns!!! - Outworn "enjoy" - MinuteMaid5 Prescribed - MinuteMaid5 

Wtf is this Peterson guy
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Curtis Harper is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
black, him?, jordan, people, peterson, racist?