No announcement yet.

Would you rather be cold or hungry?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold, easily.

If you are hungry you are losing muscle mass and become slow, weak and tired.

I was house sitting alone for someone for a month and a half and they had no heater. Breathing inside you could see your breath it was that cold. It sucked, especially having to get up for work at 5AM, but I managed

Comment

Originally posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
      Straightforward. I find myself asking this too often in life...

Tell any personal stories of either (or both) situations:
      If you are cold you will die very fast but being hungry you can live more than 40 days with no water or food. Actually it's good to be hungry as it is like a body restore mechanism and the body starts healing itself from diseases and eliminates scar tissue.

Comment

Originally posted by bigfo0t View Post
        Damn..

Am I the only one who would rather be cold? Hunger isn't that bad at first, but eventually it takes your strength/energy and you won't be able to keep yourself warm
        Hunger only lasts a few minutes. It's a body's way of asking you to eat but after the meal time the body goes to alternative sources of energy and the loss of strength disappears

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
          If you are cold you will die very fast but being hungry you can live more than 40 days with no water or food. Actually it's good to be hungry as it is like a body restore mechanism and the body starts healing itself from diseases and eliminates scar tissue.
          starving to death is probably top 3 worse ways to die. the shlt (literally) you eat just to hold off dying......

ill be a cold, eating, fat fnck all day

Comment

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
            Cold, easily.

If you are hungry you are losing muscle mass and become slow, weak and tired.

I was house sitting alone for someone for a month and a half and they had no heater. Breathing inside you could see your breath it was that cold. It sucked, especially having to get up for work at 5AM, but I managed
            You don't lose muscle mass when you are hungry. That only happens for a little time as the body adusts to conditions. The body has many ways of storing energy. After 3 days it burns the fat stored for energy and water. This is why fasting so good for the body and mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
              starving to death is probably top 3 worse ways to die. the shlt (literally) you eat just to hold off dying......

ill be a cold, eating, fat fnck all day
              You don't starve until after about 40 days with no food or water. Some people can even die only after more than 100 days. The body has so many reserves of energy which it uses while healing itself. Actually it's very good to go without food for many days at a time as this gives the body the chance to restore. Diseases like diabetes just heal from going without food.

Comment

You don't starve until after about 40 days with no food or water. Some people can even die only after more than 100 days. The body has so many reserves of energy which it uses while healing itself. Actually it's very good to go without food for many days at a time as this gives the body the chance to restore. Diseases like diabetes just heal from going without food.
                Are you trolling right now? Who the **** told you you could survive to 40 or 100 days without water lol

Do you know how much moisture we expend by just breathing? Not to mention all the necessary functions hydration precipitates. You would die in less than a week without water.

Comment

if youre a buddhist monk

if i miss a meal, im gonna want to know why

Comment

I'm guessing hunger wouldn't include water? If so, i'd rather be hungry.

I've had a couple weeks of having one meal a day (mixture of illness/not taking well to local food abroad), but i would need water, and enough of it.

I hate being cold. Camped out a few times and always find myself blasting the car heating for half hour before braving the tent again.

Comment

You don't lose muscle mass when you are hungry. That only happens for a little time as the body adusts to conditions. The body has many ways of storing energy. After 3 days it burns the fat stored for energy and water. This is why fasting so good for the body and mind.
                      Damn for a second I thought you were being serious about all of that stuff

Comment

Working...
                      X