Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime for Prime: Roberto Duran vs Pernell Whitaker at 135

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad matchup for Duran and generally he never loses fantasy fights.

Comment

[QUOTE=GhostofDempsey;17765399]
      Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post

The tone of your reply was belligerent. As is this one. You aren't capable of discussing boxing without accusing someone of lies, which is just borderline ******ed.

I don't have anything against Whitaker. He was a great defensive fighter. But he went the distance with Haugen, Pendleton, Mayweather, and Benjie Marquez who has more losses than wins--these were far inferior fighters to Duran. He also lost to a 40 year old washed up Jose Luis Ramirez who was never on Duran's level. It was argued a robbery, but he lost none the less and won a UD in the rematch.

This is why I place Duran over Whitaker. There was no lying, no agenda, no bias involved. You just can't handle sound reasoning. But I'm pretty sure I know why.
      You did lie and I called you out on it. You have no counter point for that. That's not billigerence. It's called pointing out facts.

I also never said you had anything against Whitaker. So the only ****** is you based on your inaccurate and irrelevant responses.

Only a moron like you would think Whitaker truly lost to Ramirez. You lost all credibility there.

BTW, your boy Jack Dempsey defended his title five times in seven years. But you criticize Ward for inactivity. So yeah. "I'm​ pretty sure I know why"
      Last edited by joseph5620; 06-16-2017, 01:37 PM.

Comment

If Duran can beat a prime Leonard at 147, then yes I think he would beat Whitaker at LW, which was Duran's best weight. Maybe 4 out of 5 times.

Comment

[QUOTE=joseph5620;17765453]
          Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post

You did lie and I called you out on it. You have no counter point for that. That's not billigerence. It's called pointing out facts.

I also never said you had anything against Whitaker. So the only ****** is you based on your inaccurate and irrelevant responses.

BTW, your boy Jack Dempsey defended his title five times in seven years. But you criticize Ward for inactivity. So yeah. "I think I know why"
          Point out where I lied simpleton. What was the lie?

Now you drag Dempsey and Ward into it, you can't even stay on topic. You're all over the place. Ali was an overrated piece of shyt, but to each his own. Had Liston not taken two dives no one cares about Ali.
          Last edited by GhostofDempsey; 06-16-2017, 01:40 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=GhostofDempsey;17765471]

Point out where I lied simpleton. What was the lie?

Ali was an overrated piece of shyt, but to each his own.
            You claimed Whitaker truly lost to Ramirez which was one of the worst decisions in history. Thst shows what a simpleton and idiot you are. Ramirez wasn't 40 so that's another lie.

You said Whitaker couldn't keep Mcgirt off of him which is a lie because the first fight was a counter punching chess match.The second fight Whitaker beat the crap out of Mcgirt. Both fights were at welterweight which makes them irrelevant to the discussion unless you want to bring up Duran getting embarrassed by Benitez at 154.

Yes you do have an agenda. The same one the people had against Jack Johnson lol.

Glorified club fighter Jack Dempsey didn't have the qualifications to carry Ali's spit
            bucket. In or out of the ring.
            But to each his own.
            Last edited by joseph5620; 06-16-2017, 01:51 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=joseph5620;17765487]

You claimed Whitaker truly lost to Ramirez which was one of the worst decisions in history. Thst shows what a simpleton and idiot you are. He also wasn't 40 so that's another lie.

You said Whitaker couldn't keep Mcgirt off of him which is llie because the first fight was a counter punching chess match.The second fight Whitaker beat the crap out of Mcgirt. Both fights were at welterweight which makes them irrelevant to the discussion unless you want to bring up Duran getting embarrassed by Benitez at 154.

Jack Dempsey didn't have the qualifications to carry Ali's spit
              bucket. In or out of the ring.
              But to each his own.
              Go watch the fight again. McGirt pressured Whitaker the entire fight. During the rematch, McGirt fought with one arm, that is a fact! He fought injured, go look it up genius.

Ali was smoke and mirrors man. Got gifts against Norton, Young, Chuvalo and Shavers. Two dives by Liston is what put him on the map. He fought a lot of much smaller opponents, beat up old ass Archie Moore and got dropped by Wepner the journeyman. Fought about a dozen no-name, no-hopers during his prime, most were smaller or had no business being there. He was a coward who dodged the draft and a puppet for Islam. A sucker. Glad you're a fan, LOL.

Comment

[QUOTE=GhostofDempsey;17765516]

Go watch the fight again. McGirt pressured Whitaker the entire fight. During the rematch, McGirt fought with one arm, that is a fact! He fought injured, go look it up genius.

Ali was smoke and mirrors man. Got gifts against Norton, Young, Chuvalo and Shavers. Two dives by Liston is what put him on the map. He fought a lot of much smaller opponents, beat up old ass Archie Moore and got dropped by Wepner the journeyman. Fought about a dozen no-name, no-hopers during his prime, most were smaller or had no business being there. He was a coward who dodged the draft and a puppet for Islam. A sucker. Glad you're a fan, LOL.
                I don't need to watch it again. You need to watch it period and stop lying. Ali got a gift against chuvalo?

Yeah Ali skipped the draft because he didn't want to fight for a country that was full of obtuse ******s like you who believed in archaic laws.

Dempsey was knocked out in one round by that eras version of fat buttebean lol.

Have a good day. I'm not going to waste any more time with a delusional moron who can't keep up with his lies lol.
                Last edited by joseph5620; 06-16-2017, 02:04 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=joseph5620;17765543]

I don't need to watch it again. You need to watch it period and stop lying. Ali got a gift against chuvalo?

Yeah Ali skipped the draft because he didn't want to fight for a country that was full of obtuse ******s like you who believed in archaic laws.

Have a good day. I'm not going to waste any more time with a delusional moron who can't keep up with his lies lol.
                  Chuvalo won the rematch, got robbed.

Of course you won't watch the fight again, you know I'm right. Crawl back into your racist little hole and assume the fetal position. Class dismissed.

Comment

Duran I think would win. Styles make fights and this would be a tough fight for Duran. Personally I didn't like Pernell when I first saw him. I thought he was just a showboater. I finally realized that Sweet Pea was a special fighter. He was a defensive genius and tough as nails. I would have loved to see Mayweather vs Sweet Pea at 135.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                      Probably one of the hardest picks to call.......

Lead towards Pernell but it's a great question, so close.

Comment

Working...
                      X