Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does posting on this forum make the sport more enjoyable or less enjoyable?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    Makes me more interested in boxing, which makes me more interested in staying fit. I owe my abs to you guys.
    Gotta stay ready...you might have to fight larry one day.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
      Gotta stay ready...you might have to fight larry one day.
      Some day, he's going to actually land a fight with a forum member here. Someone is going to have to film it for the rest of NSB. That someone might have to be me.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        Some day, he's going to actually land a fight with a forum member here. Someone is going to have to film it for the rest of NSB. That someone might have to be me.
        I look forward to all the "experts" critiquing the video.

Comment

Makes it more interesting/enjoyable.

Comment

There are positive and negative things about this forum...but one thing i notice, is the majority of posters seem to be here to argue with eachother. When i see the lines get drawn and people take sides, i wonder if some of the usual suspects here might be fans of or at least respect fighters they trash on here, if they didn't have some obligation to disagree with other posters. Some of the ridiculous **** that gets posted on here can't be for any other reason than to get under the skin of others. I think this forum has transformed the way some fans view the sport...especially ones that didn't follow the sport before they started posting here. I always wonder if boxers from the past that most fans revere would be looked at differently by some if there was a nsb back then. Would there be old guys around today who were adamant that ali, duran, hagler etc were bums cuz they lost/quit/beat smaller fighters?
            This forum has a lot of trolling and hating, compared to the others that seem to have more of a comrade feel. Sad really bc the #1 reason it seems to happen is bc of race. It isn't getting any better

Comment

I look forward to all the "experts" critiquing the video.
              I needed a good laugh today!

Comment

Well I was a long time reader of the forums and decided to open an account this week, and was called an alt by Larry 3 times in 5 minutes when I criticized Ward, so not the best first impression. But most people here are ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
                  Well I was a long time reader of the forums and decided to open an account this week, and was called an alt by Larry 3 times in 5 minutes when I criticized Ward, so not the best first impression. But most people here are ok.
                  i guess nobody opens new bs accounts ever...it's all alts.

Comment

Hitting licks on different bouts makes it enjoyable.

Comment

LOL its funny you mention if forums were available back in the day cuz I actually like to think of all the people who'd hate Ali for life if he was in your face 24/7/365 like anyone like him would be in this era or other random sh^t like that.

Boxing fans would grow so tired of Ali this & Ali that on a forum like this all the time that they'd have gif's of some of those punches Earnie Shavers landed on him, the Frazier KD would be a avatar for like 5 regs & 25+ frequent users & some cat like Spoon would have a conspiracy video of how Ali was a p#ssy for not joining the army & "real" punch counts for the Ken Norton trilogy.

Overall I definitely find this place enjoyable. I get to enhance my interest & knowledge in various boxers I know already or never heard of. I mean without this place I'd probably still be like "Julius Indonger who? He beat who? Oh & that UK guy who's old & sucks now? Who cares!" But now he's one of my favorite guys in the sport of boxing I think & probably my #1 guy in blind rooting interest.

Plus I think for the rational minded boxing fans (kinda an oxymoron I know) here this place gives you the ability to throw your opinions & theories up in the air & see which ones fly or plummet to the ground in embarrassment which only helps you form better opinions & theories in the future which is a good thing for us rational minded boxing fans. And f#ck that rational stuff if you just wanna without forgiveness support this guy or that guy despite evidence to the contrary that this guy or that guy is worth a damn you can do that to sometimes for sh^ts & giggles or your entire MO as a boxing fan can be about that cuz why now. No fun rooting on the best fighter all the time is there.

Comment

Working...
                      X