Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets's Have A Real Talk About Money, PPV Sales, and Purse Split

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In short Mosley is pricing himself out?? What should floyd get a 95-5 split??.. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by johncods View Post
      In short Mosley is pricing himself out?? What should floyd get a 95-5 split??.. LOL.
      ok, what do you realistically think Mosley should get? Im also sure that youre 100% ok with Pac getting 90 or more with Clottey though, right?

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
        ok, what do you realistically think Mosley should get? Im also sure that youre 100% ok with Pac getting 90 or more with Clottey though, right?
        Mosley should get 35%. is that the real split 90-10? and if so why not?? You're not saying clottey and mosley are on the same level popularity wise are you??
        Last edited by johncods; 01-25-2010, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
          I still think this is the hold up about the Mayweather-Mosley fight. Weve all talked about Pac-Floyd in regards to PPV so we dont need to go there again. However, lets talk about some other cases. We as fans just look at fights and say that this guy deserves this or whatever but I dont think we ever truly think about it. Recently it was Pac-Clottey where it seems like a 90/10 split or more. Everyone then replies that this is a joke and or Clottey is getting raped and so on. I was also one of those. Then I really thought about it more. When you really think about it, that is a truly fair split. Pac is ranked #1 in the world and is a mega star who has been running through everyone. Meanwhile no one in the mainstream knows who Clottey is, he just lost to a guy that Pac slaughtered, he's not on any P4P list and he doesnt make any kind of big money. Im not 100% sure but I think the Cotto fight was on regular HBO while Pac just got 1.25 buys for a Cotto fight. Just look at what happened so far with the presser, fighting in Dallas stadium, and so on. Its clear that Pac is worth 9x more than Clottey if not more. Pac's name rings all the time on ESPN while none of those cats know who Clottey is.

We can even take this back to the Oscar days. What do you think he was giving cats? It was talked about non stop on here how he was raping guys and the truth is he really wasnt. In most of those cases he was the far bigger star and money maker. Thats why everyone wanted to fight him and still took a ****ty percent because they knew that crap percent was still more than they would make against anyone else and if they beat him then they are a star who can demand more. Some people did turn Oscar down, espically the second time around after they felt they won and deserved more so that is well in your right but neither side owes the other side anything. In most cases Oscar was still the star. The only 2 who have turned him down and been right is Tito & Floyd. Tito had a big name in his own right so he wasnt going to let Oscar pimp him and Floyd had that ego that he is a star now. Oscar wouldnt buy it but Floyd went out and proved it by having big sales with Hatton so he made the right decision. Mosley turned Oscar down for a 3rd fight and hasnt made **** since.

Thats why Clottey ran to this fight. He's still never made what he's going to make in this fight, he's never been on PPV, he's lost both his big fights, and he knows Pac is the man. Now lets go to Floyd-Mosley. I heard some say that Floyd should only get 55 and others say he should only get 60 but is that a real figure or does that just look right when you dont really think about it? Mosley is probably thinking the same thing but Floyd is like, NO! Mosley has fought Oscar not once but wice and still doesnt have any kind of big mainstream name. He's the #1 rated WW but Pac just killed the man that beat him and Floyd himself was #1 when he retired. Floyd is a star who has put up huge PPV numbers and is the P4P #1 or 1b fighter in the sport. I bet Floyd is telling Shane to flash back to January 23rd 2009. That was the day before the Margarito fight. I bet Floyd's team is saying that at that exact time Floyd was seen as the #1 fighter in the game and the biggest money man in the game while Mosley was seen by many as a guy who looks near done and just an opponent for Margarito on regular HBO where he probably only took 40% in that fight if that.

Now he beats Margarito after it was found that he was using plaster and has since been banned. He wins that one fight against a guy who is clearly not nearly as good without his plaster and he can get that same percentage in a fight with Floyd who is a million times bigger star than Margarito? Margarito was overrated and he didnt beat the Margarito that was killing cats. He beat the guy without the weapon. After that Floyd comes back and does a mil with JMM and Shane thinks he can get 40%? The Shane-Margarito fight was on regular HBO which shows you how big Margarito is and he thinks he can get the same cut with Floyd?. Wasnt it Shane who was just saying that he would take 30% against Pac and fight him at 140 looking all desperate and now he thinks he's a big shot and the fans are riding with that? He thinks it will look bad on Floyd if the fight doesnt happened so thats his leverage. Meanwhile Floyd is saying that they hate him anyways so he dont care. Floyd will tell him why would I fight you and give you 40% when I can go right now and fight a Cintron or Bradley and give them 10 or 20% and make close to the same thing I would fighting you for an easier fight? Fans hate hearing stuff like that but its reality. This is a business. Why would Floyd do that unless Shane is going to make it worth his wild like Clottey did?

I had a guy doing work at my home the other day and I was making him do some extra stuff but he knew that I wasnt going to give him any extra money so he was hesitant and told me that he wants to make sure he comes out on top, and then we both started laughing. Thats what Floyd feels. He wants to make sure he comes out on top. It makes no sense for him to fight a super tough guy like Shane for the same thing he could make against Cintron or Bradley or whoever. Floyd will tell Shane that "you can cut my head off by waiting and fighting Pac if you want but you know Pac is going to want 70 and maybe even more after the Clottey fight as he see's you as desperate with nowhere to go. Meanwhile if you do fight Pac then I promise you that I will never ever even consider fighting you again. If you fight me 1st and win then you know Pac will fight you but if you fight Pac 1st then I will never ever fight you so which option is better? The 2 or the 1, espically when Pac will give you even less money then Im giving you or the same? You can go fight Williams if you want who will also want more than you".

Again, no one likes to hear it but thats business and its actually true stuff. People cant grasp the concept that Pac & Floyd are on the Oscar level now and thats why guys will jump at 90/10 to fight them. Its actually even better than Oscar because Oscar at one point fell off as a fighter while these guys are still by far and away the best in the game and offering big money and nearly every opponent will be bigger than them. You think Clottey is not thinking that its only 10% but still way more than Ive ever made with way more fame and this guy is little so I should win and then I can be a big money star. You think Cintron doesnt feel the same about Floyd? or Bradley? You fans have to realize that and more importantly, so does Mosley. I dont think he does yet but he better soon enough because like it or not, Floyd is the man and the one leverage Mosley does have about the media & fans ripping Floyd if it falls through doesnt work because Floyd dont care about that ****.

At the end of the day though, I think GBP will find a way to make Shane give in and Floyd give in "some" and that will be it. Dont forget, this isnt Floyd fighting Berto. Floyd likes Berto and I think he would be willing to cave some but he hates Shane now and Shane talks mad **** so why is Floyd going to beak his neck to help him and give him more money? After all the shti Shane was talking, Floyd is more likely to go the other way and try to squeeze his ass dry
          That's long!!!!!! I dont even read it.

Lets make it short.

Floyd's a ducker, a ***** and a primadonna!!!

Pac's the real warrior!!! Ducks no one!!!

Comment

Working...
          X