Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you were President, what would be your strategy against North Korea?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a caveat for you guys to think about. The ENTIRE North Korean population is programmed to hate the US.. They will never allow us to colonize them. I read somewhere that they all take military training and learn how to handle a rifle at the age of 13 or less.

Also, if we remove Kim Jung Un, will we have another ISIS pop up, like in Iraq when we removed Saadam, at the border of South Korea where we keep many US troops? If another ISIS pops up in North Korea, how many US dollars will it cost to slow them down and clean house again?

We removed Muammar Gaddafi in Libya and now we literally have slavery going on there with no steady government.

Just something to think about

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
      A lot of things need to happen for that to occur, namely getting the Kim Jong Un clique out of power, de-nuclearization and everything that goes with it which is a tall task.

Ideally after that happens, trade starts flowing freely from the North.
      South Korea is a fairly strong economy but any economy will buckle under the weight of 20 million new poor people in it.

I'd try to stay away from any war at present because South Korea, who has been a strong ally forever, will pay the price in bodies, even with the eventual victory. North Korea fights dirty too, there are no rules of war with them, nerve gas, torture, all kinds of crazy banned internationally **** they do will cost a lot of Korean lives in the interim.
      The problem is the US.

China would have driven the US into the Yellow Sea in the 1950s, if the US had not had the threat of nuclear weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
        Here's a caveat for you guys to think about. The ENTIRE North Korean population is programmed to hate the US.. They will never allow us to colonize them. I read somewhere that they all take military training and learn how to handle a rifle at the age of 13 or less.

Also, if we remove Kim Jung Un, will we have another ISIS pop up, like in Iraq when we removed Saadam, at the border of South Korea where we keep many US troops? If another ISIS pops up in North Korea, how many US dollars will it cost to slow them down and clean house again?

We removed Muammar Gaddafi in Libya and now we literally have slavery going on there with no steady government.

Just something to think about
        Not at all true.

South Korea likes the US, and a lot of South Koreans favor the defense pact with the US.

The US military presence has also lead to a lot of economic development in South Korea. For the most part, the South Koreans are okay with all the US Military-related rape, pollution, etc., in this exchange.

Comment

I wouldnt do sht about it cuz it’s not US business.

This is what is wrong with Americans in general. Ya dont know how to mind your own fkin business. Always nosy and sht.

Americans are cowards without weapons.

Comment

Comment

Better question, what would i do if i were president of north korea. That fatso probably getting laid everyday with diffferent hot koreans, eating the best food while his people starve.

Comment

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
                Better question, what would i do if i were president of north korea. That fatso probably getting laid everyday with diffferent hot koreans, eating the best food while his people starve.
                This day and age, if you manage to make enough money and you organize your lifestyle accordingly, anybody could get laid every day by different hot Koreans while eating the best food.

Comment

Why are we even into with them??

Comment

Originally posted by larry spence View Post
                    Why are we even into with them??
                    Basically because in 1955, the US called a truce after China pushed them back to the 48th parallel.

Each side set up barricades and armaments along this line, creating the largest military buildup anywhere in the world. They decided just for the lulz, to call this by the ironic title the 'Demilitarized Zone'.

Throughout the remainder of the Cold War, North Korea was under the Iron Curtain. North Korea is also a buffer zone for China, between Chinese soil and US troop garrisons. In this way, North Korea occupies a role somewhat like Poland did between Germany and the USSR before WW2.

Basically, the reason that the North Korean situation exists is because of the US military defeat which resulted in a ceasefire, with no formal peace process ever occurring. A stalled American political agenda, which has been maintained instead of addressed--though complicated substantially by the events of the Cold War, as well as the current geopolitics in the region.

Like I said, China might have pushed the US military into the Yellow Sea, had it not been for the threat of nuclear retaliation from the US. As a result, the war ended in an impasse.

Comment

Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
                      Not at all true.

South Korea likes the US, and a lot of South Koreans favor the defense pact with the US.
                      I'm talking about North Korea... It's not South we're worried about. If we invade North Korea, we're going to have to attempt to colonize them like we do every place we invade after a war.

We don't have the resources to do that. The North Korean people will NEVER work with us because they've been indoctrinated to hate us. They will always fight us to the death

North Korean's don't even like South Korean's so that wouldn't work either. The best bet is to let China rebuild North Korea, but that won't work either

Comment

Working...
                      X