Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: I Love Pacquiao-Lomachenko; Crawford Too Big, Young!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
    No one is playing victim, it's just a fact that you initiate contact with me every time, yet you are saying I am obsessed with you?

As of last month, Crawford was 177.

Loma is definitely closer to Manny's size than Crawford, and Loma is at least an inch taller. Either way, no one can fault Pac for his willingness to fight Loma at 140. That is not an easy fight for anyone, let alone a fighter past his prime.
    My beef with pac is he always wants a fighter to meet him at his desired wt but he has never went up in wt to face anyone. Oscar had to boil down from 154, cotto had to drop to 142 even though pac was fighting at 147. They didn't fight again because pac wanted cotto to drop to 147 instead of facing him at 154. Then he made Jmm come up to 147 instead of facing him at 140. Pac always looking for a edge.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrjoeblive View Post
      My beef with pac is he always wants a fighter to meet him at his desired wt but he has never went up in wt to face anyone. Oscar had to boil down from 154, cotto had to drop to 142 even though pac was fighting at 147. They didn't fight again because pac wanted cotto to drop to 147 instead of facing him at 154. Then he made Jmm come up to 147 instead of facing him at 140. Pac always looking for a edge.
      Yet Floyd had JMM come up more than two weight classes for a catch weight he didn't bother to make himself. Refused to be weighed day of fight.

Got Canelo at catch weight of 152.

Little Ricky Hatton came up from 147 to fight him.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrjoeblive View Post
        You can say what you want doc but the fact is Chico was picked to beat Floyd some even predicted by ko. I did notice how you conveniently ignored the canelo bout. Still don't see your point though.
        Maidana was not favorited to beat Floyd, what are you talking about?

Canelo? You mean catch weight 152 Canelo?

Comment

• Originally posted by larry$ View Post
          So why not fight Loma at 135?
          I would assume they want as many advantages as possible, as most A sides do.

Comment

Yet Floyd had JMM come up more than two weight classes for a catch weight he didn't bother to make himself. Refused to be weighed day of fight.

Got Canelo at catch weight of 152.

Little Ricky Hatton came up from 147 to fight him.
            You just lost points for your lack of history. Jmm fought at 140, agreed to a catch wt of 144. Floyd came in at 147 and paid Jmm 650,000 for not making 144. Canelo fought at 154 Floyd at 147 I never had a problem with that plus canelo came in at 174 on fight nite so where did he lose??? Hatton came up to 147 because he could no longer make 140. The most Floyd ever came in at was 151. Again I fail to see your point. Floyd fought cotto and DLH at 154.

Comment

Maidana was not favorited to beat Floyd, what are you talking about?

Canelo? You mean catch weight 152 Canelo?
              Who said anything about maidana?? Catch wt canelo came in at 174 on fight nite so no loss on the scale. Who did pac EVER go up in wt to fight?? He always got the advantage on the scale. If he would have fought DLH at a catch wt instead of a wt he haven't been at in over 8 years the outcome would have been different. He held a title at 154 but never fought anyone at 154. That was almost as crappy as Ray Leonard getting two belts in different classes when he beat Don lalond.

Comment

• I'm still laughing at your stating it's two wt classes from 140-147. Too funny.

Comment

• Crawford ducking Manny...LOL

Comment

Working...
                  X