No announcement yet.

Does Loma have a better name than Diego Corrales on his resume

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Loma have a better name than Diego Corrales on his resume

I see a lot of talk about Mayweather and Lomachenko and I think it’s blasphemous. Does Loma even have a better name on his resume than Diego Corrales? Let’s be honest for a minute. He got dropped by Linares and lost to an almost 40yr old Orlando Salido who had 10+ losses. He beat Rigo but Floyd beat Marquez under the same circumstances, I believe it was an even bigger leap for Rigo than it was Marquez. Also Marquez>Rigo. His fans like to bring up the amount of fights he has but are we really giving him credit for staying in the amateurs for so long and feasting on young kids? Why take shots at Floyd because he’s hands down the better Athlete and Businessman? We all seen pbf at 135 he was stronger, smarter, and more explosive than Loma and that’s just facts.

Does Lomachenko have a better name on his resume than Diego Corrales?
    Last edited by THEFRESHBRAWLER; 04-15-2019, 06:36 PM.

No he doesn’t

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
      I see a lot of talk about Mayweather and Lomachenko and I think it’s blasphemous. Does Loma even have a better name on his resume than Diego Corrales? Let’s be honest for a minute. He got dropped by Linares and lost to an almost 40yr old Orlando Salido who had 10+ losses. He beat Rigo but Floyd beat Marquez under the same circumstances, I believe it was an even bigger leap for Rigo than it was Marquez. Also Marquez>Rigo. His fans like to bring up the amount of fights he has but are we really giving him credit for staying in the amateurs for so long and feasting on young kids? Why take shots at Floyd because he’s hands down the better Athlete and Businessman? We all seen pbf at 135 he was stronger, smarter, and more explosive than Loma and that’s just facts.

those aren't facts. you are on time out from using that word until you learn what it means.

Comment

I would say yea in Walters and Gary Rusell.
        Rusell barley fights but he def a top 5 Feather and still a dangerous fight for anybody at that weight imo

Walters up until Loma made hin quit was bulided as the vicous boogyman every one was afraid of and he was undeafeated champ at the time.

An c'mon you gotta give him credit for Linares dude was in everyones top 20 to 30 p4p st time and rated as either 1 or 2 at 135.

Comment

I'd put Gary Russell Jr. in that category. Rigondeaux too, but he was obviously going up two weight classes.

Comment

Get your tongue out of floyds ass for a minute and be honest with yourself. What loma has done after 14 fights easily eclipses what Floyd had done at that stage of his career.

I can tell you’re the type to cling on to the Salido loss as some glimmering ray of hope that loma is not as good as people say but if you know anything about boxing you know that loss really isn’t that important in the grand scheme of things for several reasons.

So what if he got dropped by linares, linares is an excellent fighter. You expect all fighters you don’t like ie loma to be perfect all the time but you’re willing to do backflips to defend those you do when they lose fights or get disputed decisions in their favour such as wilder against fury.

Comment

Thinking about it, I don't think that's Loma's style to say such thing. It reminds me of how GGG said exactly the same thing.

I think the businessman thing is Egis Klimas' idea, a stupid idea. Boxing is a prizefighting business. Isn't that something they have in common, the manager? It wasn't GGG's idea either, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue54 View Post
                Rusell barley fights but he def a top 5 Feather and still a dangerous fight for anybody at that weight imo

Walters up until Loma made hin quit was bulided as the vicous boogyman every one was afraid of and he was undeafeated champ at the time.

An c'mon you gotta give him credit for Linares dude was in everyones top 20 to 30 p4p st time and rated as either 1 or 2 at 135.
                Russell at his 3rd fight is ridiculous

2nd fight salido is ridiculous

Mayweather doesnt have any of those guys at 2 or 3

Zab technically dropped may weather too, so I dont see what's the point in brining up liners

Diego Corrales lol thats your go to....Mayweather has better names on his resume

Corrales may he rest in peace should've lost that first Castillo fight

dude was trash

Comment

Originally posted by Blue54 View Post

I think you misunderstood my comment. I never said Russle Walters and Linares were bums I’m simply saying none of them are better than Corrales at the moment.

Comment

well in all fairness, Floyd had just as close a fight with Castillo, the decision just went his way.

Comment

Working...
                    X