Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: If Crawford Wins, I'll Call Haymon To Make Spence Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
    You wanna see it or not?
    Yes.

Is it the best fight to make at welterweight given they are currently on their primes and at the top of the division?
    Most interesting fight for internet nerds, but not the biggest fight financially.

Comment

indeed, anyone who blocks this fight from happening should be ashamed of himself.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
        I'm not a boxing fan.

I never said what I wanted to see. I would love to see Spence vs. Crawford.

I'm simply pointing out why this fight makes no business sense.
        If you want to see Spence vs Crawford, what would you suggest then for it to happen? Do you have any ideas to make it business worth?

Comment

Originally posted by Ca$ual Fan View Post
          If you want to see Spence vs Crawford, what would you suggest then for it to happen?
          Crawford shouldn't have signed a long term extension with Top Rank if he wanted to fight the PBC fighters. He knew Top Rank had nobody interesting for him to fight. They offered him a big guarantee for easy fights. Good for Crawford. Not hating on him. But if he really wanted the Spences and Thurmans of the world, he wouldn't have signed a long term extension with Top Rank.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
            Politics and money aside since that has nothing to do with us fans.....wouldn’t it be a great fight like back in the 80s for the welterweights
            With welters like Garcia,Spence,Crawford, Porter,pac, Thurman, Brook and fringe contenders like Berto, Jessie Vargas and Khan it's difficult to see how they've managed in most part to avoid each other and totally disappointing to us the fans.

Like you say the fighters of the 80's , Durun ,Hearns , Leonard, Benitez all couldn't wait to get at each other.

It would be a decent start to get Spence and Bud out there and wake up the rest of the division instead of them going the carefully guided avoid who you can route .

Comment

Make it happen before it become another Gamboa v JuanMa.

Comment

Crawford shouldn't have signed a long term extension with Top Rank if he wanted to fight the PBC fighters. He knew Top Rank had nobody interesting for him to fight. They offered him a big guarantee for easy fights. Good for Crawford. Not hating on him. But if he really wanted the Spences and Thurmans of the world, he wouldn't have signed a long term extension with Top Rank.
                Yeah he shouldn’t, I agree with that. But now he’s with top rank. Do we have to keep on rubbing it on them and blame them that this fight is not happening? I’m saying now. What is there to do for it to happen? We can’t keep on getting back on what’s done already.

Comment

Originally posted by TreJac View Post
                  Why are you more interested in ppv numbers and sells than the actual fight? Are you running numbers for Spanky? The more competitive/even fight by far is Bud/Spence! Fuukkk the numbers! I could give a shiiiit about the numbers! Are you a fight fan or are you writing a paper for your math class?
                  he said himself he's not a fan. he doesn't give a crap.that fool is only here to shill for pbc/gaymon.

Comment

PBC has plenty of interesting opponents for Spence, including potential unification fights against Shawn Porter, Keith Thurman or Manny Pacquiao.

Top Rank has zero interesting opponents for Crawford, including no potential unification fights against anyone.

Why would PBC want to deal with the headaches of trying to work something out with Arum, when the in house fights are bigger than the fight they can make with Arum, assuming Arum is even genuine about wanting to make the fight in good faith?
                    Don't you wanna see the best fight the best?? Are you a boxing fan or a PBC/Al Haymon nuttrider??

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X