Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toughest fighter of all-time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muhammad ali's toughness is way underated imo.

Comment

• In the time i've been watching boxing, HAGLER is the toughest fighter i've seen, closely followed by J.C.CHAVEZ.

Comment

• Marvin Hagler has gotta be in there.some of the shots he took in the Hearns and Mugabi fights were sickening,but he just shrugged them off and kept bombing away

Comment

• Ali is the toughest.

Comment

• idk how you define toughness? do you define it by chin? or chin and heart, like refusal to go down, if its the latter...gotta be jake lamotta.

Comment

• Well ali fought in the best heavyweight era, against the hardest punching heavys and was never stopped by any man! So i dont see how you can get any tougher. I know he was stopped in the holmes fight but his corner pulled him out im sure he would have continued, plus he was riddled wi parkinsons and waaay shot by that time.

Comment

• Im gonna throw out a name not very well known, but a true tough guy. With a record of 12-41-4 Marion Wilson is a stepping stone for many of the games best fighters. He's been in the ring with such names as Botha, Briggs, Golota, Jeremy Williams, Mercer, Thunder, Mavrovic, Kirk Johnson, Biggs, Izon, Norris, Jefferson, Maskaev, donald, Rahman, Peter, McCall Chazz Witherspoon, and never been stopped by them. He was stopped one time on cuts in a career spanning 57 fights against some of the games toughest guys. Nobody will ever confuse this guy with the greats, but he is as tough as anybody who has laced em up.

Comment

• Calzaghefffffffff

Comment

• Jake LaMotta

Comment

• Originally posted by ironalex View Post
                      idk how you define toughness? do you define it by chin? or chin and heart, like refusal to go down, if its the latter...gotta be jake lamotta.
                      Yes on a good chin & only being knocked down once La motta would be right up there maybe the toughest took some shots off Ray Robinson & a fighter who was very tough was George Chuvalo went in with a lot of the golden era heavies likes of Ali etc but a lightweight is the toughest Battling Nelson.
                      Last edited by The Jackal; 12-15-2008, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X