Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is ray Leonard beter than mayweather??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by statosteve View Post
    20 years time people will be saying floyd was the greatest non heavyweight boxer of all time..untill sum1 new comes along

nope..........

Comment

Give it time when we are old and wrinkly and Marquez,Mosley,cotto,de la Hoya,gatti and corrales will be greats aswell lol
      You ****ing boxing noob....the only guy on that list who hadn't lost numerous times before fighting Floyd and wasn't past 30 years of age is Corrales, who turned out to be a good champ, but certainly not great.

Between them, Hagler, Hearns, Duran and Benitez, their record was, from memory, 200-3-2. The 3 losses on their record were all avenged by KO. Combined, they hadn't lost a single fight before fighting Leonard in 30 years!!!

They held lineal titles from 135 to 160 and each one of them is considered a top five ATG in their best weight division as well as each one a top 50 ATG, with Duran a top ten ATG. Not one guy on that pathetic list you put up rates any type of comparison. Oscar in his prime maybe, but he'd had one fight in 3 years and had lost 4 of his last 10 with the most recent loss being by KO.

As to them being some kind of 'old school' nostalgic thing, Duran and Floyd were pro at the same time you ****** ****sucker. I mean, for ****s sake, at least know, even remotely, what you're on about before spouting such utter drivel. You aren't even worthy of contempt.

Roy Jones, Roberto Duran and Tommy Hearns have many common opponents. Maybe Roy Jones is from the nostalgic black and white era too? Duran and Oscar, you know, the guy that fought Floyd in his biggest fight, also have common opponents, as does Duran and Calzaghe. Not really the stuff of nostalgic, old time legend is it? Not really the stuff of black and white TV, old wrinkly folks and talk of 'golden eras' when guys we watch today have fought them and fought at the same time.

Then again, maybe you're one of these guys that also considers someone like Mike McCallum to be ancient, from the horse hair era of 30 round fights.

Last edited by BennyST; 11-21-2012, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Better question is, could Floyd have faced srl's opposition without suffering a loss? He'll fkn no!

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
          Pac is better than FLoyd. Pac is better than SRL. SRL better than Floyd, as is Duran.
          **** off Grant you little tossbag.

Comment

I don't think it would be the skunking that many are implying but Ray Leonard was a beast. He's the only man who was more of a beast than Tommy Hearns at ww during the 80's.

Comment

Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
              Pac better than SRL? Why this guy is not ban. This is spamming

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
              10 years from now, we may have to recognize Pacquiao as the greatest of all time, not just because he is the only one with titles in 8 divisions, but because of who he beat and how he beat them.

Morales
              Barrera
              Marquez
              Cotto
              De La Hoya (granted old)
              Mosley (granted old)

Lets not forget the not so great but not bad fighters he beat like

Margarito
              Diaz
              Larios
              Hatton

Leonard's resume is great, but they he beat some of the other greats dont exactly say Greatest of all time in my card. His resume says to me "Well Im great but def. not the best of all time".

At the end of the day the greatest of all time will come when a guy beats a couple of fighters that dont lose against anyone else. Both Mayweather and Pacquiao came close to being those fighters. Hell Mayweather might be that guy if he fights and beats Pacquiao.

Comment

Pac is better than FLoyd. Pac is better than SRL. SRL better than Floyd, as is Duran.
                you should retire from all aspects of boxing. even presents at christmas time. This post is a disgrace.

Comment

Leonard-36 wins 3 losses
                  Lost to camacho
                  Lost to terry norris
                  Lost to Duran
                  Draw with hearns
                  Split decision to hagler
                  Pretty much all his other wins were against no names besides a few....I think it's an insult to floyd...do you think Leonard was and is overrated??
                  you're late for school kid

Comment

Originally posted by ELHURACAN58 View Post
                    10 years from now, we may have to recognize Pacquiao as the greatest of all time, not just because he is the only one with titles in 8 divisions, but because of who he beat and how he beat them.

Morales
                    Barrera
                    Marquez
                    Cotto
                    De La Hoya (granted old)
                    Mosley (granted old)

Lets not forget the not so great but not bad fighters he beat like

Margarito
                    Diaz
                    Larios
                    Hatton

Leonard's resume is great, but they he beat some of the other greats dont exactly say Greatest of all time in my card. His resume says to me "Well Im great but def. not the best of all time".

At the end of the day the greatest of all time will come when a guy beats a couple of fighters that dont lose against anyone else. Both Mayweather and Pacquiao came close to being those fighters. Hell Mayweather might be that guy if he fights and beats Pacquiao.
                    Lets ignore who is best between Pac and SRL aside.
                    There are boxing critics and historians who have Pac as the greatest of all time. No boxing historian has SRL as the GOAT, as SRR will always be above SRL.

Comment

Lets ignore who is best between Pac and SRL aside.
                      There are boxing critics and historians who have Pac as the greatest of all time. No boxing historian has SRL as the GOAT, as SRR will always be above SRL.
                      links to the historians who rank Pacquiao the greatest of all time please.

I'm a Pac fan but I also know my history. I could name 30 fighters off the top of my head who should rate higher than Pacquiao.

Comment

Working...
                      X