Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super Middleweights better than Joe Calzaghe?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought Robin Reid beat him.

Comment

no fighter thats ever fought at 168 would beat joe, simple as that. Anyone who think roy jones beats him are deluded. People make out joe was 25 or something when he beat roy. No, they were both old and joe absolutely embarrassed him. A fight in their primes would be closer i think but not enough for roy to beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
        Roy Jones Jr.
        Joe toyed with a near prime RJJ and put to bed the myth of who is better. If Joe wasn't old and his reflexes shot he would've bodybagged Roy that night.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
          no fighter thats ever fought at 168 would beat joe, simple as that. Anyone who think roy jones beats him are deluded. People make out joe was 25 or something when he beat roy. No, they were both old and joe absolutely embarrassed him. A fight in their primes would be closer i think but not enough for roy to beat him.
          That is a bit much when you consider Benn, McClellan, Hearns, Leonard, Ward, Nunn, Collins, Toney, Jones and I'm sure several I missed all fought there. Also Joe and Roy were'nt even compareable at that stage. Roy had been to heavyweight and back down, taken two Ko losses and had'nt had a win worth mentioning in 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
            That is a bit much when you consider Benn, McClellan, Hearns, Leonard, Ward, Nunn, Collins, Toney, Jones and I'm sure several I missed all fought there. Also Joe and Roy were'nt even compareable at that stage. Roy had been to heavyweight and back down, taken two Ko losses and had'nt had a win worth mentioning in 5 years.
            some great fighters on that list but i'd pick joe against them all. Put any style of fighter in front of him and joe would have worked them out after a few rounds, his boxing IQ was off the charts

Comment

Roy is the undisputed king...

Calzaghe is probably #2

Followed closely by ward..

Honorable mentions to toney, froch n Kessler n Frankie liles

The division literally has no history so it's a very short list

Comment

Lol @ the people who think Roy Jones was anywhere close to prime when he fought Joe. Roy was shot to **** for several years before he fought Joe.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                  some great fighters on that list but i'd pick joe against them all. Put any style of fighter in front of him and joe would have worked them out after a few rounds, his boxing IQ was off the charts
                  as someone mentioned he didn't work out robin reid at all. i also thought he lost that fight.......also gave the fight to hopkins (who was past his prime but still A threat never the less)

Comment

Roy Jones in his prime was unequivocally the greater fighter, his career at 168 was short but he was definitely better.

Ward is about even, given he took half his top level 168 career off. That's about it.

Comment

jones ward and toney beat him.

Im not very good with 90s and 80s fighters, there could be more.

geriatric hopkins landed the harder, more accurate punches, he just got outworked by slaps.

Calslappys best wins were over two 40 year olds.

Comment

Working...
                      X