Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brook Holding His Own Against Higher Level Opposition...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
    He barely beat Porter and needed a Wlad-jab-and-hug strategy to do it, I don't even know if he beats Porter in a rematch honestly, who's improved and would be more ready for his style.
    That's what boggles other people's minds. It's not like he beat Porter decisively. It was a SD outcome and I remember Brook with a surprised look on his face when the decision was announced. Meaning, if the fight was given to Porter, he would have accepted it without any complaints.

Either Porter was too good, or Brook just shines against guys like Bizier.

Fans wouldn't be speculating this much had Brook fought Bundu, instead of Gavin, who lost to Bundu. Fans would have had at least a bit of comparison between him and Thurman. Chaves would have been another point of comparison had the fight went ahead.

Comment

Remember who his mandatory is

Comment

He is a random. All opinions about how good he is are wild speculation and the reason he has attention to begin with is press hype.

We know he is good enough to consistently beat the regional contenders that are lined up for him every few months. That's it.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
          Don't see him outmaneuvering Kell enough to make it hard for the latter.

Limited footwork guy Garcia, who doesn't even have a jab, laid Amir's azz out early on.

Kell has easy time here.
          Garcia got in a terrific left hook because Khan went full ****** and tried throwing an upper from the outside, while wildly out of range. That can, of course, happen again but it's unlikely. Before that punch landed, Khan was cutting Garcia up. It's not a great example tbh.

But hey, easy or not, we will only find out if the fight ever gets made and it's looking highly unlikely right now.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
            He barely beat Porter and needed a Wlad-jab-and-hug strategy to do it, I don't even know if he beats Porter in a rematch honestly, who's improved and would be more ready for his style.
            Barely? Porter didn't land a punch

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
              I think it's a 50-50 or 60-40 kinda fight for either guy if both of them are at their best.

Agreed that Brook not only has the better jab but also the superior counter punching skill. But Khan has the speed to disrupt KBs rhythm AND the superior footwork and foot speed. Brook is pretty stationary these days and doesn't have the reflexes he did versus Matty Hatton. Older, slower.

Khan is still fleet of foot and hand so, like any guy with those attributes, he can out point the slower guy. Brook however has, imo anyway, the key factor here: power. If he can make his power tell and consistently push KHan back, he could KO him late or even outpoint.

Basically, it's a perfect style clash.
              This is the biggest joke I've ever read. Khan's footwork is not good. and definitely not better than Brook's in any way, shape or form.

Comment

Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
                That's what boggles other people's minds. It's not like he beat Porter decisively. It was a SD outcome and I remember Brook with a surprised look on his face when the decision was announced. Meaning, if the fight was given to Porter, he would have accepted it without any complaints.

Fans wouldn't be speculating this much had Brook fought Bundu, instead of Gavin, who lost to Bundu. Fans would have had at least a bit of comparison between him and Thurman. Chaves would have been another point of comparison had the fight went ahead.
                It was an MD and everyone thought Kell won it. If Porter had won it, it would have been a straight up robbery as he did absolutely zilch in the entire fight apart from rabbit punching.

Kell was obviously worried being in the opponents country. But look at each of them as the bell goes, Brook knew he'd won and Porter knew he'd been beaten.

Comment

The SD with Porter was a joke. Porter didn't have ANY clean work in that fight. Brook landed flush a lot more and completely nullified his wild inside work. It was a clear win and he was too strong for Porter. I believe home advantage and champion status got Porter 1 judge scoring in his favour

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                    Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post

Barely? Porter didn't land a punch
                    How does a fighter get complimented for being too good after losing a fight in which he wasn't a steep underdog. lol

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
                    Remember who his mandatory is

Good stylistic clash.

Errol is an atypical southpaw. He frequently lands the jab, right hook is money punch, applies pressure, and likes to fight inside.

I tihnk of Kell as the poor made in Britain version of Floyd offensively.

This is the closest we'll get to seeing why Errol was pain in azz for Floyd in sparring.

Comment

Working...
                    X