Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lucas Matthysse vs. Adrien Broner: who would win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UrDazed
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Russian Crushin

He's not as good, nor is he as powerful, accurate or or skilled. Just about every fighter Lucas faces is "faster". Didnt help them when he beat their ass

Matthysse is all around a good fighter. Broner's better athleticism and far superior speed carries the day for me. Just my take
    what is "better athleticism " based on?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I don't think it happens, I actually think fighters like that are the reason for Broner not moving up in weight.

He wants to stay down there and fight the Gavin Rees of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin
        Quote:

Originally Posted by UrDazed

Ponce is a lot faster than Matthysse is as well.

He's not as good, nor is he as powerful, accurate or or skilled. Just about every fighter Lucas faces is "faster". Didnt help them when he beat their ass
        You make Matthysse sound like some world beater.ponce is a hell of a fighter.... last i checked matthysse biggest win was ajose... his fight with Judah was close, and could have went either way, but it was no robbery...

the alexander fight i thought lucas won by a couple of rounds.... none of this makes him a world beater... alexander isnt anything special...

broner hasnt proven himself yet either...

but styles make fights and the style match up favors broner in this one.... would be a good fight though.

Comment

Originally posted by thatdudespits View Post
          You make Matthysse sound like some world beater.ponce is a hell of a fighter.... last i checked matthysse biggest win was ajose... his fight with Judah was close, and could have went either way, but it was no robbery...

the alexander fight i thought lucas won by a couple of rounds.... none of this makes him a world beater... alexander isnt anything special...

broner hasnt proven himself yet either...

but styles make fights and the style match up favors broner in this one.... would be a good fight though.

The only reason i compared him to Ponce is because both are pressure fighters. He looked horrible against Ponce, which many thought he lost

Matthysee was robbed against both Judah and Devon. If styles make fights, Ponce's pressure got to Broner, then wouldnt Lucas', whose pressure is much more effective and relentless?

Comment

Matthysse wasn't robbed by Judah a SD loss in a close fight isn't a robbery. It's clear you're a BIG Matthysse fan though so it's cool

Comment

Originally posted by UrDazed View Post
              Matthysse wasn't robbed by Judah a SD loss in a close fight isn't a robbery. It's clear you're a BIG Matthysse fan though so it's cool
              Im not a big matthysse fan, i just know a robbery when i see one. Lucas clearly won 6 rounds, making him a winner. This isnt even counting the close rounds

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                Im not a big matthysse fan, i just know a robbery when i see one. Lucas clearly won 6 rounds, making him a winner. This isnt even counting the close rounds
                Maybe in Russian C's book.

Comment

Pretty close poll, so far.

Comment

Originally posted by UrDazed View Post
                    Maybe in Russian C's book.
                    No, just anybody won knows that fancy footwork and jabbing into the air doesnt win rounds

Comment

The chances of Matthysse getting a decision are almost non-existent, both because of who Broner is and because Broner's shots would stand out more on a round by round basis. So unless Matthysse completely breaks Broner in half, it would be very hard for him.

I think Matthysse would win right now, but without seeing Broner at the weight, I can't be sure about who wins.

Comment

Working...
                      X