No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bring Back Mean Manny

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fearless BONG View Post

Lets give Pac the credit, To much expectation from his performance makes you think JMM wins, but lets accept the fact JMM cannot win against Pac...

wake up from dreaming...
    Seriously? PAC gets way more credit than he deserves. He's a great fighter but just because he's the aggressor he's won their last 2 fights. It's as if we're judging the fight on natural talent alone, which PAC would win every time because he's faster and hits harder. This is boxing and Marquez has technique coming out of his ears; he actually puts combos together, works body, and avoids a great percentage of PACs punches. He's able to fight going backwards and comes forward to switch it up. And yet the super talented Filipino that only real tools are his foot speed and the 1-2 gets all the credit.

Comment

"mean manny" definitely gets beat by this version of jmm so be careful what you wish for

Comment

Originally posted by jvsnypes View Post
        Well why did they fight Bradley the 1st time,genius??? He never has been a PPV fighter. The 2nd fight would do better than the 1st because everyone wants to see "the revenge of the Pacman" Eveyone wants to see Bradley catch the ultimate beatdown from Manny. The fighter and the trainer both know and understand. The fans don't get it and that's ok. But what true champion would turn down a guaranteed $25 mill if he thought the fight would be easy. Nevermind PPV sells, that's never guaranteed. Roach and Manny will never admit that they caught hell with an injured fighter. They will never admit to their fans that he was elusive and hard to hit. They said he ran. Well how does a man with 2 injured legs run??? A better question, why didn't the great Manny Pacquiao cut off the ring of this light fisted "runner" and dominate the fight??? We as fans only assume, but they know the truth. And that truth will keep them away from Bradley. But what does it say about Manny if he decides to give Bradley the rematch and loses again??? LMAO!! Ok, that's why there will be know rematch!
        They caught hell from an injured fighter..G T FOH..this is the most delusional post I have ever seen on Boxing scene..after the 4th round when Bradley met Pacquaio's power for the first time he was on survival mode..you think Bradley won..cool..Bradley's own people didn't think he won, his wife didn't think he won, before the scores were even read there's the everlasting image of tim asking how he did and when he's responded to you see the dejection on his face of him being told he hadn't won and then came the scores..why did pacman fight him..you said it $25 million bucks..remember my screen name..if they ever announce a rematch I will personally set something up so you can lose your money to me on it..I'll even give you pretty damned good odds but I tell you this..Bradley gets stopped inside of 8 rounds in a rematch and i'm willing to bet the house on it. Bradley got the same treatment Margarito got vs pacquaio where the guy was doing so little it didn't make sense to step on the gas..go and look at other bradley fights and then rewatch the pacquaio fight..Bradley was shook after the 4th round and pay very close attention to his feet if he was truly injured early on he would've fallen on his own several times with some of those ridiculous matrix evasion moves he made.

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
          Isn't Manny supposed to be "improved" and a "two handed" fighter before every fight and still manages to get anally raped by JMM every time?
          LOL. It NEVER fails.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
            The idea that Manny has been struggling with opponents because of too much 'compassion' is so utterly ridiculous that I doubt even Freddie believes it.

They're banking on Marquez standing and trading in this fight because they know that's the only way they might get the upper hand in the fight. Apart from that, they have absolutely no idea what to do differently, hence all this 'mean' talk.
            Spot on......

Comment

Well why did they fight Bradley the 1st time,genius??? He never has been a PPV fighter. The 2nd fight would do better than the 1st because everyone wants to see "the revenge of the Pacman" Eveyone wants to see Bradley catch the ultimate beatdown from Manny. The fighter and the trainer both know and understand. The fans don't get it and that's ok. But what true champion would turn down a guaranteed $25 mill if he thought the fight would be easy. Nevermind PPV sells, that's never guaranteed. Roach and Manny will never admit that they caught hell with an injured fighter. They will never admit to their fans that he was elusive and hard to hit. They said he ran. Well how does a man with 2 injured legs run??? A better question, why didn't the great Manny Pacquiao cut off the ring of this light fisted "runner" and dominate the fight??? We as fans only assume, but they know the truth. And that truth will keep them away from Bradley. But what does it say about Manny if he decides to give Bradley the rematch and loses again??? LMAO!! Ok, that's why there will be know rematch!
              100%

Comment

Bring back mean Manny???

Comment

I respect this post to the fullest, but just disagree. Its not about Manny being mean or relentless, its about how his opponent chooses to fight him. Manny is an absolute beast when his opponents stand directly in front of him. That's when you see how gifted he is with his hand and foot speed. But when fighters like Marquez and Bradley get in the ring with him, they are not there to hit, plus they know how to counter him. This takes the aggression out of Manny because he now has to worry about what's coming back at him. It also forces him to have to think and go to a plan B. Manny has no plan B. No matter what his fans think, he is a 1 dimensional fighter. He's a great 1 dimensional fighter...but still 1 dimensional. When his fans think that he let off the gas in the later rounds against Bradley, I think they are either dillusional or just don't have a good understanding of boxing. They don't follow the sport enough to know that missing a lot of punches, as he did against Bradley, wears a fighter down. They fail to realize that the body shots that Bradley was landing were truly effective and that's why he lost the last few rounds. That is why he couldn't step on the gas and go for the KO.

Marquez is the ultimate boxer. He doesn't have great footspeed but he knows how to step to Manny's right and keep him turning. Manny is less effective when that happens and that was proven with Bradley and Mosley as well. The truth of the matter is, Manny will destroy guys that are flatfooted, slow, and lacks good defensive skills. He will punish the come forward aggressive style fighters. He's done it his whole career. But he has struggled against guys that are skilled and use movement. Do you ever notice before some fights he challenges guys to not "RUN" and stand and fight him? He always poster and tells his opponents to come at him during the fight. That's when he is most effective. Manny has the heart of a champion and can take a good shot. He's an extremely exciting fighter when his opponent allows him to be. But when he is forced to "BOX" he becomes an ordinary guy. So yes, bring back "mean Manny". He will still look ordinary against fighters with the skill and will of Marquez and Bradley. And believe me, at the end of the day, that is why him and Roach are in no hurry to have the rematch with Bradley. High risk low reward. If he gets by Marquez again, there is no doubt Rios will be next. That's because Rios has the style that is catered for him and make him seem invincible again.
                  Best post I've ever read on this site.

Comment

I HOPE THIS WILL BE THE DEFINITIVE FIGHT!!!

I have 1 wish in this fight!

In the PAST 3 WARS between Pacquiao vs Marquez....
                    Pacquiao launched an all out offensive assault to Marquez defense the whole 36 rounds!!!
                    The result is 2-0-1...

I wish to see different movie this time!!!
                    I want to see Marquez to do the Full Scale Attack...
                    It'll be interesting to see the outcome...

IN WAR... YOU WILL NOT WIN BY DEFENSE!

Comment

pac can't be taking it easy on his opponents anymore... he gotta go for the kill cause he should know he can't trust judges

Comment

Working...
                      X