Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather vs Thomas Hearns at 147lbs.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Mayweather vs Thomas Hearns at 147lbs.

I think this fight presents Floyd's toughest challenge. Hearns reach would give Floyd big trouble and it would be hard for Floyd to keep him at bay. IMO Hearns is a tougher fight for Floyd than Leonard. Personally, I think the most likely outcome of this fight is a Hearns late round KO. However, I give Floyd a small chance to win a decision. Thoughts?

hearns is one of a very select few who i think would have a chance of beating floyd, theres no way floys shoulder roll would be able to deal with hearns' right hand, no way, hed just punch straight through it. but to bet against floyd mayeather is a very stupid thing to do, he finds a way to win, hes the smartest fighter iver ever seen. id reluctantly say floyd by decision

Comment

hearns by ko- early to mid. floyd takes too long to adjust

Comment

yeah, i think hearns present the toughest challenge. its a toss up

Comment

Originally posted by FootWork777 View Post
          I think this fight presents Floyd's toughest challenge. Hearns reach would give Floyd big trouble and it would be hard for Floyd to keep him at bay. IMO Hearns is a tougher fight for Floyd than Leonard. Personally, I think the most likely outcome of this fight is a Hearns late round KO. However, I give Floyd a small chance to win a decision. Thoughts?
          Hearns has the perfect style to beat Mayweather. He's got power, reach and most importantly; excellent boxing skills. Mayweather could hold his own, but i don't think he could win.

Comment

hearns is a bad, bad matchup for floyd. if mosely can land a clean right hand....

Comment

Originally posted by eli porter View Post
              hearns is a bad, bad matchup for floyd. if mosely can land a clean right hand....
              I agree, I can't think of a worse match up for Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by a-force View Post
                hearns is one of a very select few who i think would have a chance of beating floyd, theres no way floys shoulder roll would be able to deal with hearns' right hand, no way, hed just punch straight through it. but to bet against floyd mayeather is a very stupid thing to do, he finds a way to win, hes the smartest fighter iver ever seen. id reluctantly say floyd by decision

Hearns would have that height and reach advantage. So Hearns would be able to hit Floyd by going over his shoulder (roll).

Therefore, Floyd would need to use his other more standard defensive style in which is not as effective for Floyd.
                Last edited by ADP02; 11-06-2010, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Hearns by KO in the midrounds.

Comment

Hearns's height and reach would be able to nullify Floyd's shoulder defense. Hearns would eventually, and probably very early, land that right hand with ease.

Comment

Working...
                    X