Who will be P4P #1 after September 16?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canelo will be 1#

Comment

golovkin currently number 1 so if he beats canelo then he will stay as number 1. if ward clearly beats kovalev he shoots up my list.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Jong-Un View Post
        Nah, ESPN has GGG as It but honestly, Ward hasn't done anything to deserve #1 whereas I'd say resume wise Canelo has the best one much, much, much better than Ward who has to rob victories.

Kovalev
        Froch
        Kessler
        Dawson
        Abraham

Vs

Lara
        Cotto
        Chavez jr
        Khan
        Kirkland
        Angulo

And you say canelo has the better resume?

Comment

Originally posted by £-4-£ View Post
          Kovalev is current no.1 imo and he'll still be in Sept as I expect him to beat Ward (again)... GGG will win and be no. 2... Lomachenko no. 3
          ... something like that..............

Comment

Originally posted by £-4-£ View Post
            Kovalev is current no.1 imo and he'll still be in Sept as I expect him to beat Ward (again)... GGG will win and be no. 2... Lomachenko no. 3
            3 eastern europeans in the top p4p list. No question which ethnic group is the most dominant.

Comment

Winner of kovolev-Ward is the undisputed clear-cut #1

My gut tells me Ward decisions kovolev again

Comment

If there's a clear winner...the winner of ward vs kovalev. Ggg or canelo would have to win emphatically and ward vs kovalev would have to be a dud for one those guys to take the #1 spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom . View Post
                  But most of what he does is illegal.

Clutch, clamp, clinch, grab, grapple, bend at the waist and charge in with the head butt.

http://s6.photobucket.com/user/killa...tnUSA.gif.html
                  This is true, but it's not the reason Ward wins. I wish the refs would be more perceptive to this.

Comment

I currently retain Chocolatito as my #1 bc IMO he won his last fight. However, he did look like he was slowing down. Conceivably, he could show he is still great in his current situation (at 115, getting older) between now and Sept 16. A good win over Principe or Sor Rungisvai (sp) or Gallo could do that.

However, I voted the Kova-Ward winner. If Kova wins, he will have 2 wins (IMO) over Ward and a claim to #1. If Ward wins, he will have dominated one weight class and beat the top dog in another -- worthy of #1. Either would overtake Chocolatito.

If Canelo beats GGG decisively, I could see an argument for him as #1. I barely have him in the top 10 p4p now, but a great win over GGG would be impressive. More likely he would be #2 or #3.

I have GGG # 5 currently. If GGG beats Canelo decisively, I could see him going up to #2 or #3. Don't think it would take him to #1.

I don't see Bud or Loma doing anything between now and Sept to enter into the equation.

Comment

Ward vs Sergey winner must be top on the list.

Comment

Working...
                      X