How did you hear about Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Olympics...

Comment

first was when he beat Pac, next thing i heard was he injected 750 ml of unknown substance to do that. just kidding.

Zab Judah
      Last edited by Rath; 12-02-2015, 02:42 AM.

Comment

I first heard of Floyd at our ABF state tourney in '86 or '87. They said watch this kid and I did, he impressively won the tourney. Even then he walked around as something special, and he was. The rest you can find in the history books........ Rockin'

Comment

'96 Olympics....with David Reid(won gold), Zahir Raheem and Terrance Cauthen(Bronze)...Reid and Raheem are from Philly and Cauthen is from Trenton NJ but he trained in Philly....I was a fan of those guys BEFORE they even made the Olympic team from just hanging around the gym...so you hear certain things...one of the things I was hearing was that Roger had a nephew who could fight very well....I heard of Floyd BEFORE the 96 games but didn't see him fight until then

Comment

I was in Vegas with my girl gambling at the MGM and saw Castillo walking with his team........I bought tickets to watch my fellow countrymen and saw MW lose for his first and only time. It was awesome!

Comment

Pre Olympics. As he fought to win his spot on the team.

What is the point of this thread???

When did you discover boxing????

Comment

Originally posted by ManOfVictory View Post
                I was in Vegas with my girl gambling at the MGM and saw Castillo walking with his team........I bought tickets to watch my fellow countrymen and saw MW lose for his first and only time. It was awesome!
                Exactly, Castillo took it to him. Simon.

Floyd thought he was buying a title, but got beaten instead.. Nobody informed Castillo! This was the start of his problems with Larry merchant.

Castillo taught him a thing or two about boxing.

Manny looked ineffective in comparison.
                Corrales was beaten soundly.
                Hatton

But on that night. Castillo put them thangs on Floyd. Hatton who beat Castillo was dropped & stopped by Floyd!
                Last edited by Zaroku; 12-02-2015, 03:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rath View Post
                  first was when he beat Pac, next thing i heard was he injected 750 ml of unknown substance to do that. just kidding.

Zab Judah
                  Dang. Pinoy pride forever. When did you start following boxing???
                  Before PAC there were many great champions. PAC can't compare to them.

Comment

Vs Goyo Vargas March 18, 2000. Rooted against him ever since.

Comment

Not really sure about the first time I heard about or even saw Floyd, but the first Floyd PPV I bought was when he fought Sharmba Mitchell.

I suspect a lot of people in this thread are not exactly being truthful.

Comment

Working...
                      X