Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What be your experience of racism? don't matter if u black, or white, what it be?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
      I experience racism quite a lot as a whiteboy living in Japan. Most people are nice about it, they're just ignorant and make generalizations and assumptions based on race, which is only a little bit racist (in those case where it does in fact cross the line, that is). I don't really experience any malicious racism, at all. The worst racism though comes from the cops here. Japanese cops are pretty pathetic and weak, and they are only good for giving directions. They don't really specialize in solving crime, or anything like that. But, I've been harassed a bit from time to time, for things like riding a bicycle (they see me and have to stop me to check my registration. I make it a point now to not register me bicycles, which isn't a mandatory thing to do. It saves me some time as they don't need to call in my registration number to make sure the bicycle isn't stolen.) I've similarly been followed home numerous times by police cars when riding my bicycle.

This is all pretty benign though. It gets to you a little bit, if you live here for a long time, but it isn't anything serious whatsoever. Besides, as an American, I have to also be sensitive to the fact that Japan is basically a quasi-colony of the US, and all of this, including the historical relationship with the US military ever since 1945 and continuing through today, contributes very much to the state of conditions, including with regards to my own experiences. That might sound oblique, but if you live in Japan for a bit you will start to understand what I mean.
      Have you met Hitomi Tanaka yet?

Comment

• Dan, I take it you are not convinced then.]

Comment

• Comment

• all the racism that ive experienced were from white folks..never really had any problem with any other groups of people..

this is not to say white folks are racist and others aint (coz thats simply not true) it's just that all the racist people that ive met were all white

Comment

• Originally posted by dan_cov
              Hahaha what a brilliant & highly original fake profile! A posh little white boy typing in Jamaican slang and pretending he is a rasta online, so funny!

Once you get banned for your constant trolling can you please return & pretend you're a Chinaman and type how you would expect a wise old Chinaman too speak? Like seriously, it would be so funny especially if you referred to me as ''Daniel-san''

Tedious.
              This bedrin as a istory of wanting to fook dem northern englishmans. He be wanting that froch and brooks penis in im. Man dem up north strong man i see

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Continue to experience racism whenever I go into stores, driving, etc.I'm in a Southern enviroment.

Comment

• my wife is Colombian and she doesn't like the movie Scarface because of this...

0:22

Comment

• hi, i'm brown and my name is bobby

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                      X