Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greatest Mexican Fighters of All Time.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a different era, an era of mass social media and casuals...

so it's DIVA time and the fix is always gonna be in for the person bringing in the dollars.

how can Canelo be even in the discussion... you can't get any credit when you are another very good fighter (not elite), yet you are snow white and have ginger hair and thus become a marketable fighter.

Comment

Chavez
      Sanchez
      Barrera
      Morales
      Marquez

Comment

Mexican-American fighters in MMA

Tony Ferguson
        Dominick Cruz
        Gilbert Melendez
        Henry Cejudo
        Cain Velasquez
        Tito Ortiz
        Nick Diaz
        Nate Diaz
        Frank Shamrock (Juarez)
        Carlos Condit
        Anthony Pettis

Comment

How is Sanchez that low even only 23 he has one of if not the best resume as a whole.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing101_ View Post
            1. Juan Manuel Marquez
            2. Marco Antonio Barrerra
            3. Erik Morales
            4. Salvador Sanchez
            5. Ricardo Lopez
            6.Julio Cesar Chavez Sr
            7. Oscar Delahoya
            8. Jose Luis Castillo

These are are my list of greatest Mexican boxers of all time. Sorry but nelo doesnt even make the list, let along ATG OR P4P. You guys must forgot your boxing history.
            How is Jose Luis Castillo ahead of Canelo?

What's the criteria/standard that you base that on?

Comment

Originally posted by USMCer View Post
              How is Jose Luis Castillo ahead of Canelo?

What's the criteria/standard that you base that on?
              Canelo has never been in a ring with A Prime floyd mayweather, Deigo Corrales, Joel Casamayor nor fought any guys on that level. All of canelo's biggest fights where against fighter when they were old, and on there way out the door.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
                How is Sanchez that low even only 23 he has one of if not the best resume as a whole.
                It's the exact reason you stated. Sanchez would have been rated higher in my list if he didnt die so young. I just wish we were able to see more of what he had to offer. Like you said, he was only 23 so we were only able to see a glimpse of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing101_ View Post
                  I can say that Canelo is one of the best mexican fighters of his era. Guys like Berchelt, and Estrada possess much better boxing skill and talent than nelo. Dont get me wrong, Canelo is a naturally athletic, strong fighter who has great adaptability and counterpunching skills. I would give the edge to canelo in counterpunching but Estrada, and Berchelt are better all around fighters than canelo imo.
                  You can make that argument for Estrada maybe but not Berchelt. Not a chance in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by -SWIFT- View Post
                    Chavez
                    Sanchez
                    Barrera
                    Morales
                    Marquez
                    Marquez would have stopped chavez. he was too smart, and chavez aggression would have him ending up like manny, getting caught with a sneaky counter overhand right.

Barrera could fight going fowards, going backwards, and standing toe to toe counterpunching. Chavez could only fight going fowards. Barrera would have outboxed Chavez to a decision win.

Morales would have taken the early rounds boxing on the outside against chavez. People forget chavez was a slow starter, his whole gameplan was to cut the ring off and break you down round by round while taking you into deep waters. Morales would have taken the early rounds, and middle rounds. During Rounds 6-9 Morales would be exchanging in spurts scoring from mid range and outside, (chavez may or may not get a knockdown in those rounds, even if he does get a knockdown, Morales was sure to continue to fight). During rounds 9-12 Fatigue would be setting in on Morales and Chavez will be pressuring hard, but we have to remember morales footwork was better than chavez, so I'd give Chavez 3 of the 4 of last rounds.
                    Morales by decision.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
                      You can make that argument for Estrada maybe but not Berchelt. Not a chance in hell.
                      IQ: Canelo
                      Power to weight: Canelo
                      Stamina & Endurance: Berchelt
                      Counterpunching: Canelo
                      Footwork: Berchelt
                      Defense: Canelo
                      Combination punching: Berchelt
                      Speed: Tie

I can see your argument. Your right, I recant that statement.

Comment

Working...
                      X