Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Loma, Crawford Not Daring To Be Great Like Canelo Is!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Daring to be great" lol by fighting the weakest champ at 175.

Let me guess, next he's going to "dare to be great" by fighting BJS (the worst champ at 168) next?

When you move up two weight classes to fight a champion, and that champion is a 5-1 underdog, you known the fight is a joke.

When he beats Beterbiev, the real king of 175, then talk to us.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
      "Daring to be great" lol by fighting the weakest champ at 175.

Let me guess, next he's going to "dare to be great" by fighting BJS (the worst champ at 168) next?

When you move up two weight classes to fight a champion, and that champion is a 5-1 underdog, you known the fight is a joke.

When he beats Beterbiev, the real king of 175, then talk to us.
      Everything you say is true. But then again, nobody is doing what he is doing. Did GGG move up? Has Spence moved up?

These days it's easier to move up than unify just cos the belt orgs makeit difficult to keep a belt - esp the IBF

Crawford is on his 3rd division and so is Loma. I give Loma more credit than Crawford because he is obviously smaller at his current weight class. But Canelo is smaller at 175 too.

Comment

How many top fighters did Canelo beat in their prime? Jacobs, Lara and Trout? All 3 close questionable wins. Then mix in the PED scandals and hell will freeze over before he gets that recognition from me. All the biggest names on his resume, Kovalev, GGG, Cotto, Mosely etc, were in their mid 30s or above.

Comment

Loma and Crawford have both fought in 3 divisions so i cant say they arnt daring to be great..But Canelo has the better resume

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
            How many top fighters did Canelo beat in their prime? Jacobs, Lara and Trout? All 3 close questionable wins. Then mix in the PED scandals and hell will freeze over before he gets that recognition from me. All the biggest names on his resume, Kovalev, GGG, Cotto, Mosely etc, were in their mid 30s or above.
            Trout and Jacobs questionable? You’re high

Comment

Loma first 15 opponents trump canelo first 40 by a land slide. Oscar has BS loser logic. So i guess the question is which one of you idiots is De La Hoya

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                Lol. Crawford is begging to fight a prime guy in Spence while Canelo is picking the low hanging fruit at 168 and 175 for fake belts. Loma about to be undisputed in a division also, when has Canelo done that?

Stop with the B.S. talk
                Canelo was already basically unified at mw except for weak gifted wbo belt. He was LINEAL something neither Crawford nor loma likely ever will be. Canelo has beaten far more prime elite fighters than loma/Crawford combined by miles. Hes beaten champions that tower over him with almost 100% ko records,while loma Crawford fight C levels & have the wbc jump the line to avoid haney in lomas case.

Clowns saying he didn't beat 34 yr old Beterbieve just because he chose the #1 name champ & Beterbieve already signed vs Nail. I will bet anyone on here Beterbieve is tailor made for Canelo unlike kov who held his own & threw tons of punches.

Beterbieve leaves himself completely open & Canelo would piece him apart. After yesterday I am certain of this. Wasn't sure before but now I'm sure Beterbieve would get hit way too much & was dropped recently by someone he was battering & couldn't ko til other guy let off gas after kd Beterbieve
                Last edited by kushking; 11-03-2019, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
                  Everything you say is true. But then again, nobody is doing what he is doing. Did GGG move up? Has Spence moved up?

These days it's easier to move up than unify just cos the belt orgs makeit difficult to keep a belt - esp the IBF

Crawford is on his 3rd division and so is Loma. I give Loma more credit than Crawford because he is obviously smaller at his current weight class. But Canelo is smaller at 175 too.
                  I thought GGG went up to 164 to fight Rolls???

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                    Ok now how many top fighters in their prime did Loma beat? Hell he lost to double digits losses on his record Salido and got dropped by Linares and maybe his best win is a old 38 year rigo who he dragged up 2 weight classes. And who has Crawford beaten... period? Has fought nobody at 147 and unified a terrible 140 division. Canelo started fighting pro at 140 and just won his 4th division title at 175. Has unified in multiple weights, lineal, beat the top guys in 3 different weight classes. Has beaten multiple division boogymen. Has beaten more fighters that were top 10 ranked P4P at the time he faced them then both loma and Crawford combined. Has beaten more lock Hall of famer then both combined.

Fact is both are fighting lesser caliber fighters then canelo and not jumping 15lbs of weight classes in a 6 month span like canelo just did by beating Jacobs in May to unify at 160 then beating Kovalev at 175 in Nov. Put some respect on canelo's name and stop hating creating extra double standard hurdles that Canelo has to jump over when Crawford fighting nobodies and loma fighting crolla and Campbell's of the world.
                    Last edited by bigdunny1; 11-03-2019, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                      I thought GGG went up to 164 to fight Rolls???
                      he did. Did you bet on that fight?

Comment

Working...
                      X