No announcement yet.

The official 2018 World Cup thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SuperHanz View Post
    Modern footballs are pretty light, they used to be a lot heavier back in the day.
    Makes sense... thanks bro, it felt like a punch...
    Boom... both eyes blackened up a little next to my beak...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
      I’ve always thought that.

Goalkeepers can kick balls huge distances but so can most pros.

I’ve played with pro just trained with a team I was with for a laugh during his time off.

Not really known for his long range shooting. He is 6’7 beanstalk called Peter Crouch, very good player and played for England. But people say it sounds different when they strike a ball.

It does, it’s a completely different sound. It’s weird. It is basic as hell but I wouldn’t even think a professional would be able to kick a ball better than I can. Sounds like gun fire.

I’d say Roberto Carlos or someone like that could fracture bones with a shot
      I played with a guy who used to play for Reading, he was old and had operations in both knees by ththe time he was playing for us but he was seriously talented. He was a left back in his hey, but we stuck him up front and he scored like 50 goals in one season

Level of ability the guys have at the top must be unreal, I’ve played against guys who didn’t make it through trials with MK Dons and they were way way beyond us.

Peter Crouch must have been a great experience, seems a good laugh. Did his missus make it down to any of training sessions?

Comment

I’ve played with pro just trained with a team I was with for a laugh during his time off.

Not really known for his long range shooting. He is 6’7 beanstalk called Peter Crouch, very good player and played for England. But people say it sounds different when they strike a ball.

It does, it’s a completely different sound. It’s weird. It is basic as hell but I wouldn’t even think a professional would be able to kick a ball better than I can. Sounds like gun fire.

Mine was like this chick.. but I got hit orders of magnitude harder.. it’s short..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k04Wv0fydvU

Comment

1. Offside is when the ball is played to a attacker/attackers who is behind the deepest defender.

Explaining the offside rule is only really done with the use of salt and pepper shakers for defenders and a cup of sugar for the attacker and moving the sugar forward and back and saying ‘not offside’ and ‘offside’. Some people would also like ketchup to be the man playing the ball and a bit of tissue to be the ball for added realism.

2. Getting hit with the ball in your face is embarrassing. It hurts if it’s really cold or if it gets you on the beak. But mostly it is embarrassing. At amateur level (normal lads) most teams employ a drinking fine if the ball hits you in the face. Usually a quadruple shot of warm gin post match. Sounds like nothing but honestly do a quadruple shot of gin. Your body just shuts down,lol. It has to warm to it’s horrible.

3. These professional pitches are watered to within an inch of water logging. No one would slide on their knees on the part stone part grass most amateurs play on unless they hate both their skin and their knees and probably their real jobs.
          Is the Japanese team any good, the look,kinda frail...
          Now we got all these old futball players giving commentary, and opinions..it’s interesting.

Comment

• Ohhhhh my word

Comment

You thought you could kick a ball better than a pro? lol

I recall John Arne Riise breaking Alan Smiths ankle from a shot.
              That dude had one of the most powerful left foot ever imo.

Comment

• Well if this keeps up might as well give the trophy to England.. all the big uns look like **** this year.. specially the South Americans just like i predicted

Comment

• Is anyone picking Croatia to win it all?

Comment

• Comment

• Amazing to think Madrid wants to trade Keylor Navas.
                      Absolute world class gk.

Comment

Working...
                      X