Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO poll; Who should GGG fight next? Canelo/Saunders on top, Charlo gets no love

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HBO poll; Who should GGG fight next? Canelo/Saunders on top, Charlo gets no love

I voted for Charlo, but then I saw that Charlo barely got any votes, far far behind Saunders and Canelo.

Thats an HBO poll who have an US American audience. Nobody even seems to know Jermall Charlo, I feel sorry for the guy. He fought on the undercard of Adrien Broner.

Poor Jermall needs to fight somebody with a name and build his profile, he has no support out there, nobody knows him, it's time for him to step up and get his name out there, so people want to see him in the ring, lets hope he fights Jacobs next.

Well with the names on that poll Charlo is right where he belongs. Third place. Even though I personally don't care for the Canelo rematch it's foolish not to realize that's the biggest fight in boxing aside from Wilder/AJ. And BJS has the final belt so that's the correct plan b. And after that comes Charlo. The poll reflects reality. Now if Derevyanchenko was on that poll and Charlo was trailing him then you'd have a point.

Comment

I like Charlo but he can wait his turn.

Comment

Would Charlo even pass through someone like Lemieux ?

Saunders is a legit fight for GGG... Even before Cheat-Cannelloni ... Won't happen doe...

Comment

I want Saunders first and foremost. But I'm thinking Saunders out prices himself...

Idk why he just doesn't fight Golovkin already. Or hell, even Canelo.

Comment

I would normally pick Saunders as that fight needs to happen most, and it should have happened ages ago. I think BJS can outbox GGG, 60-40 in GGG's favour though.

Voting Charlo now because stylistically it will be the best to watch, not interested in a Canelo rematch (had GGG winning 1st fight) - Canelo wins rematch though

Comment

Has Charlo fought on HBO? If so how long ago was it? Out of sight out of mind. We are all boxing fans on this forum, but its not really a surprise if people on a HBO poll site are more HBO Boxing fans.

And its not like it shouldn't be that way. Canelo is far & away the #1 guy & its actually weird BJS is so close to Canelo cuz he feels like a distant 2nd place for this question. But BJS has fought on HBO before so he's on people's mind + gots the other title. Charlo is still pretty new to 160, has no title & hasn't been on HBO as much (if at all I'm legit coming up blank on if he's fough there anytime recently).

Comment

It's tough. I personally think Charlo is the best challenge, and I wanna see GG fight him before he gets any older.
                However, BJS makes the most progress for the sport in that he's the other major belt holder.
                And, you also can't deny that it makes the most sense for GG for fight Canelo since it's by far the most profitable.

Then, there's the mando in 3 months that can't be ignored. So, there's 4 honest options and I won't hate on him for taking any of them because they're all legit, for various reasons.

Comment

Do people really want to see a canelo rematch??? Wtfff

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
                    Do people really want to see a canelo rematch??? Wtfff
                    Not me. First fight wasn't that good. Wanna see Saunders or Charlo, after the mando is taken care of.

Comment

Working...
                    X