Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by genrick View Post
    The biggest puzzle is why aren't these Rigo supporters not supportive of
    Davis vs Rigo?
    It's an easier fight to make considering Floyd was just recently seen coddling Rigo.
    Davis vs Rigo would be a great fight too. I have nothing against that fight sometime down the line.

It's just that Loma vs Rigo is the greatest fight to be made in boxing right now... It's a historic fight...

I doubt Floyd would put Davis in with Rigo or Loma...

Comment

The biggest puzzle is why aren't these Rigo supporters not supportive of
      Davis vs Rigo?
      It's an easier fight to make considering Floyd was just recently seen coddling Rigo.
      "Hes too young" even though he has more pro fights then Loma and the same amount as Rigo. "But there more experienced because of the amateurs" even though Davis has a amateur record of like 200+ wins.

Comment

Originally posted by darius45 View Post
        Davis vs Rigo would be a great fight too. I have nothing against that fight sometime down the line.

It's just that Loma vs Rigo is the greatest fight to be made in boxing right now... It's a historic fight...

I doubt Floyd would put Davis in with Rigo or Loma...
        Has Rigo camp talked to Roc yet, or he would just rather tweet?
        Look, we're just fans. No one can't control how the ball would start rolling other than Rigo asking Roc to make the fight for him.
        He seems to just be content tweeting.
        No one knows if he's just making a fool out of himself and his team.
        Arum is not into this girly drama guilt inducing nonsense.
        Bobfather has no conscience, if they think he's going to the monastery to atone for his sins.
        That's effing nonsense.

Comment

It cuts both ways bro.
          You can also say the same people who supported Floyd in the JMM
          are now the same people who attack Loma.
          No, you can't say that. Very few people criticize or dislike Loma. Now some make jokes about him losing to Salido but he is not hated by Floyd fans.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
            Big difference those people didnt want a Rigo vs Loma fight. Rigo running his mouth and a certain fan base and certain youtube channels that want to appease to those who hate Loma are calling him a duck and talking **** about Loma and trying to force a fight with Rigo instead of trying to make the other 130lb fighters fight him. So many "but Tank is young" excuses are said by those same people. There calling him a coward if he moves to 135 while Rigo never moved one division up.
            My experience reading the forums is Loma fans are eager for a Rigo fight because Loma will have a huge size advantage, to go with his immense skillset, and should win.

You are over exaggerating. That said, you can't be surprised people are calling him a duck given that is how things go here on NSB and the internet as a whole. Now that Loma is occupying a spot near the top he is getting the same treatment although IMO its to a much lesser extent.

I just hope that if you criticized Floyd's win over JMM because of the weight issue, the same should be done here.

Do you agree?

Comment

Isn't that the same BS they pulled before? And we all know Arum never fixes fights or anything...

Why would Rigo agree to such conditions, knowing he will be screwed on the cards if the fight is close?
              How is offering to double Rigo's purse if he wins lowballing him?

And yeah, Loma has made that same offer before ... back when he was "ducking" Walters!

Comment

Rigo shouldn't even be that hard of a fight for him, considering the age and size advantage. For some reason he, his team, and his fans are hiding behind Bob Arum the same way Pac did whenever someone they thought could beat him came along.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  My experience reading the forums is Loma fans are eager for a Rigo fight because Loma will have a huge size advantage, to go with his immense skillset, and should win.

You are over exaggerating. That said, you can't be surprised people are calling him a duck given that is how things go here on NSB and the internet as a whole. Now that Loma is occupying a spot near the top he is getting the same treatment although IMO its to a much lesser extent.

I just hope that if you criticized Floyd's win over JMM because of the weight issue, the same should be done here.

Do you agree?
                  No i want Loma fighting the 130 champions. Check his Twitter,Instagram, watch these comments on these youtube channels, the hate is everywhere. The ones that criticized Floyd on fighting Jmm are not calling for this fight. Rigo is running his mouth and Floyd groupies and a certain "slick lover" fan base are calling for this.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    It is interesting to me that the same people that use "bringing JMM up 2 weight classes" to criticize and mitigate Floyd's win over JMM have no issue with Loma doing same with Rigo.

If Loma wins this, as I expect, I hope these posters say the same about the win.
                    And if Loma goes down to 122 what then? If he looses can we say it wasn't his weight class?

The fight should have been made years ago at 126, but it just didnt happen.

They should just let it go, Rigo it seems is on the out and him taking a beating at 130 is just to get a paycheck.

At 126 I could see a good fight. At 130 Rigo gets a beating, so I don't see a point to it, what good does that do for boxing?
                    Last edited by Banderivets; 07-17-2017, 11:51 AM.

Comment

It's not generous at all because you never know what the judges will do. Look at just what happened to Manny (for a SECOND TIME)... But at least Manny already got paid... Rigo could potentially get screwed on the cards and end up getting a smaller purse.
                      Yeah, but Loma doesn't get to decide what Bob offers Rigo does he? Rigo ain't gonna get a smaller purse by Loma offering to match it... and surely it's better to have that chance of getting the purse doubled than not. If Bob is lowballing Rigo (although I ain't 100% sure how that's possible since neither Rigo or Loma are significant draws) I ain't quite clear how that reflects on Lomachenko.

Once again, what should happen in your opinion? How much would be a 'fair' split or a fair $ amount for Rigo?

Comment

Working...
                      X