LOL Thread For: Ben Affleck Is the New Batman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL Thread For: Ben Affleck Is the New Batman

Ben Affleck is Batman.

The actor will replace Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne in the upcoming untitled Superman-Batman feature for Warner Bros., the studio announced Thursday.

Affleck becomes the eighth actor to play the Caped Crusader, following Bale, George Clooney and Michael Keaton.

“We knew we needed an extraordinary actor to take on one of DC Comics’ most enduringly popular Super Heroes, and Ben Affleck certainly fits that bill, and then some,” WB president Greg Silverman said in a statement.

Directed by “Man of Steel” filmmaker Zack Snyder, the Superman-Batman feature will open worldwide on July 17, 2015, with Henry Cavill, Amy Adams and Diane Lane reprising their roles.

“Ben provides an interesting counter-balance to Henry’s Superman. He has the acting chops to create a layered portrayal of a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent and bears the scars of a seasoned crime fighter, but retain the charm that the world sees in billionaire Bruce Wayne,” Snyder said in a statement. “I can’t wait to work with him.”

The announcement of a Batman-Superman film was announced last month Comic-con to much excitement and the next thing to look out for is if more of the Justice League team will be added to this cast.

The irony to this news is that at one point Warner Bros. was interested in having Affleck direct the “Justice League” movie and his participation in this film will now spur interest if whether his casting means a possibility of directing that film.

Affleck is repped by WME and can be seen next in Fox and New Regency’s thriller “Runner Runner.”
    http://variety.com/2013/film/news/be...an-1200586881/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytC...e_gdata_player

Comment

Oh hell **** no...........

This is Bruce Wayne right here.

Last edited by DARKSEID; 08-22-2013, 09:07 PM.

Comment

People would be angry regardless of who it is.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralZod View Post
          People would be angry regardless of who it is.
          Not as angry as if it was ****ing Ben Affleck... come on...

Comment

I think Affleck gets a lot of undue flack for his acting abilities. I think he was exceptional in films like 'Good Will Hunting' (which he co-wrote), 'Argo', 'Gone Baby Gone', and 'Dazed and Confused', but he's long suffered from the disease of picking terrible scripts to star in.

That said, I really don't care about who plays Batman next. Like most adults I know, I haven't given a single shit about Batman since I was like eight years old.

Comment

SMH. What about this guy?

Comment

Comment

Comment

Horrendous casting.

Comment

Working...
                    X