Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should people on welfare after a certain time have their voting right revoked?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
    First of all, I am not against welfare Dunn, as some people need it. I am against lazy people abusing the system.

I also have a degree, that was not the reason why I called him snob. Some people drop out of high school, do their moves, work hard and earn success.

Other dumb ****s go to college, get a degree, and become brainwashed sheep integrated into the system with zero personality or opinion.

So Dunn, my problem is with educated social justice warriors who want to sing Kumbaya all day long, as much as my problem with lazy bums who simply refuse to work.

Now you seem smart enough, so stop pretending you don’t get what I’m saying. Or maybe I overestimated my opinion of you.
    I didn't say you were against it, I posted that you look down on people on welfare. You do so by stereotyping them as lazy.

Cool, then people like me will stereotype Trump supporters as mindless pea brained idiots. You shouldn't have a problem with that because, as your post shows, you freely stereotype and demean people when it suits whatever narrative you want.

The truth is you don't want poor people to vote because they tend to vote for Democrats. Instead of just posting that, you tried to mask it with some pseudo intellectual rubbish you saw on some alt right website.

Voting rights aren't based on wealth or whether or not someone is on welfare for decades. You guys that wrap yourselves in the Constitution should know this.

As I said, the easily manipulated, low information, secluded in a bubble voters are far more of a problem than those on welfare.
    Last edited by The Big Dunn; 06-20-2018, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Maybe not voting rights taken away

How about just end their welfare

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
        “In 2012, the average American taxpayer making $50,000 per year paid just $36 towards the food stamps program...And when it comes to funding the rest of America's social safety net programs, the average American taxpayer making $50,000 a year pays just over six dollars a year...
        But we are paying a lot for the billions of dollars the U.S. government gives to corporate America each year."

The average American family pays a staggering. $6,000 a year in subsidies to Republican-friendly big business... So where does some of that $6,000 that you and I are paying every year actually go?
        For starters, $870 of it goes to direct subsidies and grants for corporations.

This includes money for subsidies to Big Oil companies that are polluting our skies and fueling climate change and global warming. Compare that to the $36 you and I pay for food stamps a year.
        An additional $870 goes to corporate tax subsidies.
        The Tax Foundation has found that the "special tax provisions" of corporations cost taxpayers over $100 billion per year, or roughly $870 per family." (The Daily Take Team)

Whenever there is any system to help those that need help, there will be some who abuse it and cheat it. However the vast majority of people receiving SNAP benefits or housing assistance or heating assistance are honest, hard-working people. Estimates are that 42% to 58% of SNAP recipients also work (Kliegman). Also, “In 2010, about three out of four SNAP households included a child, a person age 60 or older, or a disabled person. Most people who received SNAP benefits lived in households with very low income, about $8,800 per year on average in that year. The average monthly SNAP benefit per household was $287, or $4.30 per person per day. On average, SNAP benefits boosted gross monthly income by 39 percent for all participating households and by 45 percent for households with children. (CBO)”

There are very, very few who choose not to work and live off of different forms of welfare. This is because people tend to want to eat. Despite what Fox News and others say, the truth is welfare programs such as SNAP overwhelmingly do what it is intended to do: provide a springboard for a family when a parent loses a job. Roughly half of SNAP recipients already work.

This country spends much, much more on corporate welfare. A family making $50k a year pay roughly $42 a year for social welfare, and pays $6,000 a year for corporate welfare.

Sources:
        “An Overview of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.” Congressional Budget Office, April 19, 2012. Web. https://www.cbo.gov/publication/43175

Kliegman, Julie. “Barbara Lee says 60 Percent of People on Food Assistance are Working.” Politifact, Dec. 11, 2013. Web. http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...od-assistance/
        Originally posted by HOUDINI563 View Post
        Welfare in of itself costs a taxpayer making 50,000 ......$7.00 per year. Food stamps which no one but the most ruthless right wing fanatic rails against costs $36/year. The real villain are CORPORATE SUBSIDIES that take much more of taxpayer $. However it's the right wing who attack those who can't help themselves rather than the true enemy who lines their pockets with gold.
        That’s just food stamps

Now you pays for their public housing?

Who pays utilities?

Who pays for their school lunches?

Who pays their property taxes?

Who pays for their healthcare?

Who pays for all the social programs?

Why don’t you guys give a cost breakdown on those per family, and not just a single element of it

Comment

One of the craziest suggestions made on this forum, and that's saying something.

Whatever you think of welfare programs and their recipients should have no consequence on someone's fundamental right to vote. Being "lazy" is not a valid reason to be deprived of suffrage.

Welfare recipients are not some separate class of human being for christ sake.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            I didn't say you were against it, I posted that you look down on people on welfare. You do so by stereotyping them as lazy.

Cool, then people like me will stereotype Trump supporters as mindless pea brained idiots. You shouldn't have a problem with that because, as your post shows, you freely stereotype and demean people when it suits whatever narrative you want.

The truth is you don't want poor people to vote because they vote democratic. Instead of saying that, you tried to mask it with some pseudo intellectual rubbish you saw on some alt right website.

Voting rights aren't based on wealth or whether or not someone is on welfare for decades. You guys that wrap yourselves in the Constitution should know this.

As I said, the easily manipulated, low information, secluded in a bubble voters are far more of a problem than those on welfare.
            For conservatives, it's all about the constitution and respecting the rights therein.. until it's comes down to a way to reach improved odds of winning future elections. Then nothing is too sacred.
            Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 06-20-2018, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
              For conservatives, it's all about the constitution and respecting the rights therein.. until it's comes down to a way to reach improved odds of winning future elections. Then nothing is too sacred.
              I'm glad someone else has noticed this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
                In the 2016 election, a wide gap in presidential preferences emerged between those with and without a college degree. College graduates backed Clinton by a 9-point margin (52%-43%), while those without a college degree backed Trump 52%-44%. This is by far the widest gap in support among college graduates and non-college graduates in exit polls dating back to 1980.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...der-education/

So you prefer only voters who preferred Hillary by a 9% margin be allowed to vote? Huh, you don't really seem like a Hillary supporter. I guess that's why they say you can't judge a book by its cover.

If we banned non college graduates and those living off welfare- aka senior citizens- from voting... well, those are the two groups who voted overwhelmingly for Trump.

Something I wrote awhile back:

Hillary Clinton had all the likability of cancer and white male Republicans are still morons

https://medium.com/@GoodWRITEArm/hil...s-b141022eb649

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  That’s just food stamps

Now you pays for their public housing?

Who pays utilities?

Who pays for their school lunches?

Who pays their property taxes?

Who pays for their healthcare?

Who pays for all the social programs?

Why don’t you guys give a cost breakdown on those per family, and not just a single element of it
                  I did you idiot. I guess reading isn't your strong point. If you make $50,000 a year, you pay a total of $6 for ALL of those other programs you listed.

Six dollars. For all of them. Yet, the same person making the same $50,000 a year literally pays $6,000 a year in corporate welfare. In handouts to Trump Hotel and to Oil companies (Koch brothers) and to big drug companies (the Mercers). You literally pay 1,000 times more for corporate welfare than you do on all those programs you listed.

You cry about $6 a year, most of which goes to people who are also working, but the $6,000 for corporate welfare, you don't care about.

Again, $6 to help the poor, and $6,000 to help some of the richest people alive. Wow. What am I doing, you obviously have trouble reading, so no way you made it this far.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                    Republican politicians do not raise this issue, because it would destroy their chances.

Senior citizens are by far the largest welfare recipients. Between Medicare and Social Security, it puts SNAP and housing assistance to shame. And seniors are the one age block that continues to support Republicans.

Also, if you include corporate welfare, that would mean the Koch brothers, the Mercers, and the Trumps would not be allowed to vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
                      I am not talking about people with health issues. I am talking about normal people who are lazy bums, who simply enjoy the system and get paid to not do ****.

If someone is on welfare for example over 8 months or a year, because that is their way of life, they should have no right to vote.

Because their vote will be totally biased towards the party that will tax the rich more to keep paying their bum ass welfare. They don’t contribute to society nor pay taxes, so **** their vote.
                      I think it's a great idea.

Welfare shouldn't be a thing, period. Support yourself or roll over and rot.

You can't be a functioning adult and you want your say in how a nation is run? LMFAO. LMAO.

Comment

Working...
                      X