Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC Prez: If No Canelo - Then Golovkin Has To Face Charlo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Danger danger danger. Real fights everywhere for tripple beg. He surrounded himself with lions everywhere. What will he do?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
      WBC trying to use a foreign fighter who actually fights the best in order to build up a current or future North American money maker, just like HBO and Vegas tried to do with GGG-Canelo I and Kovalev-Ward I and II, just like they all tried to do with May-Pac (not the fight itself, but using the foreign fighter with an exciting style AND exciting opponents to build the name of the American boxer who didn't have an exciting style and was not willing to fight exciting opponents).

Same bull****, different day. I also want to see GGG-Charlo on a fair playing field but if the past is anything to by, this is just the start of the ****ery where they will try to screw GGG over in favor of building up a younger, North American star. That Charlo is advised by Haymon just makes it even juicier for the WBC which seems to be run by Al Haymon now. If people think Bob Arum's relationship with the WBO is bad, Haymon's hold over the WBC is twice as bad.
      You said Fighting the best he’s fought 2 good names and that’s it. You know who they are. The rest were cab drivers just like that Bum Vanes.

Comment

Lol, here you go with all these Triple g nuttriders coming out of the woodwork to defend him...
        I hope Canelo tells him that his percentage earnings have been dropped from 35% to 30%... Take it or leave it!
        I wanna see what Little g will do... 😅

Comment

That Golovkin fight Charlo as his next WBC mando is quite reasonable, what is less clear is where that stands in regards to Golovkin's defense rotation. If the WBC are now saying that Golovkin must either fight Canelo next or fight Charlo next or be stripped one would have thought they should have made that situation clear at an earlier stage (ie. when it became clear that Canelo would be available to fight in September). By taking this step now it appears that they are acting in a way that deliberately and directly impacts on Golovkin's chances of negotiating the best possible deal for himself.

It does appear to me that they are being somewhat partial towards Canelo here, but since their own rules allow them to do basically exactly as they please there probably ain't much Golovkin can do about it. Furthermore given that the IBF are already currently making a decision on whether Golovkin should be obligated to fight his mando for them next (presumably acting under agreement with the WBC that they were next in rotation) one would hope that the WBC take account of their previous arrangements both with the IBF and WBA.

EDIT: Actually the more I think about it the more distasteful this appears by the WBC. They had already agreed to waive their mandatory requirement for this cycle and that the IBF were next in rotation. IMO that was the incorrect decision (i'm big on guys fighting their mandos), but having made that decision to then reverse it at a crucial stage in negotiations (both between the IBF and GGG and between Canelo and GGG) is blatant and unashamed favouritism.
          Last edited by Citizen Koba; 05-30-2018, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
            Lol, here you go with all these Triple g nuttriders coming out of the woodwork to defend him...
            I hope Canelo tells him that his percentage earnings have been dropped from 35% to 30%... Take it or leave it!
            I wanna see what Little g will do... ��
            Dude it would be more hilarious if he said nah fam 20 percent lol and then tripple beg says si si papi!!!!

Comment

canelos warped wanting that kind of split, but id be happy with the charlo fight

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing42 View Post
                Golovkin would probably vacate if that happened
                TripleCUCK gonna fight Spike Sullivan next in October on HBO for like 500k in a Walmart parking lot.

Dude such a joke

Comment

CROOKS IN SUITS!!! From the WBC to Golden Boy Promotions...Crooks!!! Why not get Canelo to fight one of the Charlos, Andrade, or Jacobs? He'll get knocked the fcuked out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pepzz View Post
                    Danger danger danger. Real fights everywhere for tripple beg. He surrounded himself with lions everywhere. What will he do?
                    Andre Berto is available?

Comment

Originally posted by Scary_canary View Post
                      This is bull****, the guy has done nothing wrong and it looks as though he’s gonna get stripped of either the ibf or the wbc....as much as I wanna see the charlo fight, surely the wbc mandatory was fulfilled last September and it’s the ibfs turn.... I’d rather see the charlo fight but I’d rather see Sergiy first if it means he can keep his belt
                      Fighting Vanes was clearly wrong

Comment

Working...
                      X