Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gary Russell Decisions a Game Joseph Diaz, Retains WBC Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hmabshir View Post
    Woah Diaz is supremely overrated.

He literally came forward the whole fight and didn't even get Russel to fight in 2nd gear. He let him coast to a decision.... He let Diaz's jab completely ruin him.

Diaz is way overrated.
    That was his 2nd 12 round fight. I thought he did good for himself. The father/son training needs to go for him. Time to get a professional trainer. Cutman was decent...

Comment

Originally posted by Input1914 View Post
      Showtime wanted Diaz to win.
      How so?? The gimp ref. Wouldn't stop fkn with him. He get his head in a headlock and he gets wanted for holding???

Comment

Not at all surprised considering Diaz is a pretty basic fighter with limited power.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
          Russell vs Santa Cruz next please
          That ain't gonna happen... more likely be there a Santa Cruz vs Mares 3 than vs Russell...lol

Comment

next match in 2019? LOL

Comment

Diaz put up a good fight. Russell showed no rust. He vs Santa Cruz will be a fight!

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                That was his 2nd 12 round fight. I thought he did good for himself. The father/son training needs to go for him. Time to get a professional trainer. Cutman was decent...
                Same thing I was thinking. His dad has gotten him this far but he needs a trainer with more experience to teach him new things.

Comment

Diaz stopped fighting a winnable fight going into the 7th. Going into the 5th Russell was getting tired, he started to hold, and Diaz's punches were starting to hurt him But then Diaz stopped fighting from the 7th rd on. I guess he did not want to go thru the fire anymore even though he was being successful at it. Russell coasted from the 7th on. What a disappointing performance by Diaz.

BTW that ref was practically harassing Diaz for the most trivial bull****. Diaz fought a clean fight yet that ref kept warning him for the most mundane things, BTW none of which were against the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                    How so?? The gimp ref. Wouldn't stop fkn with him. He get his head in a headlock and he gets wanted for holding???
                    Showtime was obviously for Russell and you are correct about that corrupt ref.

Comment

I went tonight. Wasn’t the biggest crowd but they were definitely showing Gary a lot of love

Comment

Working...
                      X