No announcement yet.

This ridiculous notion that certain fights happen because promoter:

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This ridiculous notion that certain fights happen because promoter:

Won't work with this guy or this guy wont work with promoter B or promoter B is with fighter A and fighter B has a bad history with Promoter B therefore fighter A and B would never happen because Promoter B would never let it happen because of fighter B.

How about its just because fighter B doesn't want to fight fighter A and makes a lot of excuses and blames promoter. A lot of boxing fans use this ridiculous excuse.

"Oh no, Eddie Hearn."
    "Oh no, Bob Arum."
    "Oh no, Al Haymon."

How about we stop blaming these guys and push fighter A and B to call each other and make the fight? Because this is an excuse that fighters would keep on going because fans are gobbling up and immediately ride on it instead of pushing for the fighters to actually make the move to make the fight.

In a perfect world promoters / networks wouldn’t be a issue

But in the real world it’s the reason allot of fight ls don’t get made

Boxing is a business first and often promoters/networks that have $ invested in a fighter aren’t going to throw them in a fight where they might lose or at least look bad and let a fighter they don’t have claim to piggyback off their fighters name

It’s just the way it goes

Comment

Did Thraxox start watching boxing yesterday?

Comment

damn, they can make tourney like world cup
        maybe WBSS every 4 years, no cherry pick again
        champ must fight champ or gtfo

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
          In a perfect world promoters / networks wouldn’t be a issue

But in the real world it’s the reason allot of fight ls don’t get made

Boxing is a business first and often promoters/networks that have $ invested in a fighter aren’t going to throw them in a fight where they might lose or at least look bad and let a fighter they don’t have claim to piggyback off their fighters name

It’s just the way it goes
          On one hand, I think fighters aren't called out enough in making the fights they should be obligated to make in their weight class in a perfect world, and called out if they LET their promoter get in the way, but yeah, it's crazy to think the promoters don't often get in the way, and people's relationships in the business sometimes aren't that simple and promoters can convince a fighter that somebody can't be realistically dealt with, I assume, whether it's true or not and c*ckblock fights from being made for greedy or malicious reasons. Definitely like Arum.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenGloveLove View Post
            On one hand, I think fighters aren't called out enough in making the fights they should be obligated to make in their weight class in a perfect world, and called out if they LET their promoter get in the way, but yeah, it's crazy to think the promoters don't often get in the way, and people's relationships in the business sometimes aren't that simple and promoters can convince a fighter that somebody can't be realistically dealt with, I assume, whether it's true or not and c*ckblock fights from being made for greedy or malicious reasons. Definitely like Arum.
            Yeah for sure

I’m under the belief though that once a fighter get near the top they’ve proven they’ll fight anyone anytime

Fans claiming Fighters are ducking is f.ucking ******ed these guys have usually fought the best and won they arent scared but they want to be properly compensated which I get because a L kills the $ coming in and a vicious beat down potentially kills the belief in themselves and their career

It’s their team / promoters / networks that do the dodging either for their fighters best interest from taking a L or because they don’t want to lose out on taking their $

They don’t care about the fans and I can’t really blame them. Boxing fans as a whole are the biggest most unloyal POS in all of sports. Quick to ditch a guy once he catches a L and even quicker to jump on the bandwagon for the new flavour of the week

Comment

Working...
            X