Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Thurman Wouldn't Have Much of a Chance Against Crawford

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I consider Thurman, Crawford, and Spence to be around the same incredibly high level.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
      Well fuken make the fight happen. I'm pretty sure most fighters believe they could beat their opponents that's why they take the fight. By the way Crawford only good victory is freakin Postol. Thurman beat Porter and Garcia. Simple make the fight happen to see who is better. I'm sure they both want to get payed and both would rather face each other than Spence.
      A lot of truth in the bold.

I'm getting pissed off about the Spence situation. The guy is so good but so inactive. I really want to see Spence challenged, witness his best. I even believe he would beat Canelo and GGG right now. Damn, what a waste of talent.

Peterson somehow doesn't cut it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
        I consider Thurman, Crawford, and Spence to be around the same incredibly high level.
        one of these things doesnt fit....(its thurman)

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post

I'm getting pissed off about the Spence situation. The guy is so good but so inactive. I really want to see Spence challenged, witness his best. I even believe he would beat Canelo and GGG right now. Damn, what a waste of talent.

I don't think he can even beat Charlo. He is a big WW and that is his advantage, plus southpaw. Crawford is more skillfull, but Spence has the power. Spence should have fought Porter or Garcia instead of Peterson.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetPbfAli View Post
            And telegraphed. It's amazing how much he does it and gets away with it for a fighter at his level.
            So think it through .... why isn't he getting countered more often? Danny Garcia was a great counter puncher at 140 but couldn't faze Thurman.

Crawford is not proven at 147 and for my eyes his best opponent was Postol or Indongo, neither who are as proven as Thurman and neither had the athleticism to bother Crawford and neither hit as hard as Thurman.

Turn that on its head. Put Crawford in with Thurman and he is in with the most athletic fighter he has ever fought, the strongest fighter and the strongest hitter he has ever faced. You think Crawford is gonna swallow all that and shine just the same?

Big ask!

Now he's not gonna look crap either. Just saying it's a great matchup so that is why it should be made.

... and just saying >>> I think his style has it easier against Spence than Thurman.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post

agree with what you say - PBC = slooooow matchmaking.

Not knocking - that is just the way it is.

I like Spence but .... I think he got too much credit off the Brook fight. Not because Brook was bad but because Brook had the wrong fight plan. He fought too much on the inside with Spence thinking that he was faster (he was slightly), tougher (he wasn't) had better stamina (he didn't) was better inside (he isn't) - but I think Thurman and especially Crawford would take all that into account when fighting him and stay long range trying for a points win.

Comment

On a skill 4 skill level Crawford is probably the closest to Floyd as far as It doesn't look spectacular from the outside he's not the fastest or strongest and looks venerable at times but the skill gets him through fights an he finds a way to win fights.

Thurman is really not as big as he thinks he is and people act like some Folks can't grow into 147 over time well Bud has and he's now a bigger specimen than Thurman is physically and Thurman with his wide swinging punches would get clipped imo

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
                  So think it through .... why isn't he getting countered more often? Danny Garcia was a great counter puncher at 140 but couldn't faze Thurman.

Crawford is not proven at 147 and for my eyes his best opponent was Postol or Indongo, neither who are as proven as Thurman and neither had the athleticism to bother Crawford and neither hit as hard as Thurman.

Turn that on its head. Put Crawford in with Thurman and he is in with the most athletic fighter he has ever fought, the strongest fighter and the strongest hitter he has ever faced. You think Crawford is gonna swallow all that and shine just the same?

Big ask!

Now he's not gonna look crap either. Just saying it's a great matchup so that is why it should be made.

... and just saying >>> I think his style has it easier against Spence than Thurman.
                  he really wasnt...he countered khan ok who doesnt? rod salka? other fighs like peterson and herrera he couldnt do much. crawford is much more advanced. he took apart felix diaz who easily beat peterson and im sure diaz would beat garcia as well. he did so because he knew what diaz was doing and exploited it. just like he knew what postol was doing. thurman is a pattern fighter and once crawford figures out what that is...its probably over. thurmans never really adjusted in fights. thats why against porter it was nip and tuck the whole way and against garcia, even slow garcia came on strong last 3-4 roudns when thurman kept doing the same thing it was just too late
                  Last edited by daggum; 11-01-2017, 12:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
                    I don't think he can even beat Charlo. He is a big WW and that is his advantage, plus southpaw. Crawford is more skillfull, but Spence has the power. Spence should have fought Porter or Garcia instead of Peterson.
                    Garcia, if he even has just one functioning brain cell, is never getting in with Spence. That is just a road-kill show.

At this point Danny is basically done as an effective welterweight - he doesn't have the power at 147 unless matched up with an immobile/poor defence type of opponent.

Best fight for him is a rematch with Khan or Lucas.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      he really wasnt...he countered khan ok who doesnt? rod salka? other fighs like peterson and herrera he couldnt do much. crawford is much more advanced. he took apart felix diaz who easily beat peterson and im sure diaz would beat garcia as well. he did so because he knew what diaz was doing and exploited it. just like he knew what postol was doing. thurman is a pattern fighter and once crawford figures out what that is...its probably over. thurmans never really adjusted in fights. thats why against porter it was nip and tuck the whole way and against garcia, even slow garcia came on strong last 3-4 roudns when thurman kept doing the same thing it was just too late
                      Good points although I think Garcia came back into it because Thurman stepped off the gas pedal. Some fighters go a long way doing 1 or 2 things really well. I also get the feeling Thurman is comfortable going for the points win. But if Crawford is so good at figuring opponents out then I want to see the fight even more.

Comment

Working...
                      X