Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fox Sports, PBC Reveal Details of Multi-Year Agreement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another network for Haymon while all of the other Promoters are stuck on HBO waiting for Dates and trying to squeeze themselves into HBO Budget and Making PPV Fights that are not even PPV Worthy

Anyway, I'm all for Weekday Boxing! Something that probably should have been done years ago to be honest! You have people saying "TOO MUCH BOXING"? WTF Boxing as a Sport has fallen behind Golf, Tennis and Hockey so Boxing has a lot of catching up to do! They need all the exposure they can get and not just expecting people to find them on Subscription Networks

Hopefully they put together a good Broadcasting Team for this one!
    Last edited by sicko; 08-04-2015, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Thank you Haymon!

Looking forward to more mismatches.

Exciting news.

Comment

Just what PBC needs. Yet ANOTHER channel to further confuse and throw off casual viewers.

Comment

Originally posted by ea22 View Post
          I don't disagree, but where all of these time buys? I know CBS and NBC were but what about the lesser networks like Spike and ESPN. It seems like those were more than eager to air PBC, but I don't know.
          they are all time buys. Not a single network has actually purchased content from PBC

Edit: for clarity, a few of the networks have thrown in some cross-platform promotion as well as some production assistance, but have not actually purchased the content......
          Last edited by OnePunch; 08-04-2015, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
            Another network for Haymon while all of the other Promoters are stuck on HBO waiting for Dates and trying to squeeze themselves into HBO Budget and Making PPV Fights that are not even PPV Worthy

Anyway, I'm all for Weekday Boxing! Something that probably should have been done years ago to be honest! You have people saying "TOO MUCH BOXING"? WTF Boxing as a Sport has fallen behind Golf, Tennis and Hockey so Boxing has a lot of catching up to do! They need all the exposure they can get and not just expecting people to find them on Subscription Networks
            At least I know HBO is the place to go for boxing on Saturdays. I don't even know when or where the next PBC card will be, my DVR doesn't even know.

Comment

seems like a lot of people on here want to see boxing die

Comment

CBS, NBC/NBCSN, ESPN/ABC, FS1, Spike, Bounce.

#takeover

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                  they are all time buys. Not a single network has actually purchased content from PBC
                  This one doesn't look like a time buy. In all the other press release it states they were time buys. Not this deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
                    At least I know HBO is the place to go for boxing on Saturdays. I don't even know when or where the next PBC card will be, my DVR doesn't even know.
                    Yeah but HBO will go inactive again for about 2-3 Months with no fights, how is that a good thing? That leaves a lot of fighters in active and then people are quick to complain about fighters only fighting Twice A Year. Well HBO only gives fighters 2 Fights a Year and that is if they can Squeeze you in. How can you over-saturate something that wasn't saturated in the first place? Boxing as a Sport nobody in America gives a **** about, all they care about is what Mayweather and Pacquiao is doing

Too much of 1 Fighter could be a bad thing but I never heard people complain about a sport coming off too much and being on too many networks, only Boxing "Fans" screams that. Yet NBA, MLB, Hockey when they're in season, it is a game on Everyday!
                    Last edited by sicko; 08-04-2015, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                      CBS, NBC/NBCSN, ESPN/ABC, FS1, Spike, Bounce.

#takeover
                      Yet if you ask the average boxing viewer what date/time/channel is the next PBC card they wont have a clue. I'm a diehard fan and I dont even have a clue.

Quality > Quantity. Spreading medicore cards over a plethora of networks on different dates and timeslots isnt the key to growing. Quality cards along with consistency and establishing your brand on 1 or 2 major networks is the key.

Comment

Working...
                      X