No announcement yet.

Digital Cable Filters???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Cable Filters???

Does it really works? You know, those sold on e-bay to get *cough*free*cough* ppv's...

I got a co-worker that bought one on ebay for like $3 and told me that he ordered two ppv fights and it worked, but then he ordered an on-demand movie and was charged for it...

Anyone has bought them??

Originally posted by borikua
    Does it really works? You know, those sold on e-bay to get *cough*free*cough* ppv's...

I got a co-worker that bought one on ebay for like $3 and told me that he ordered two ppv fights and it worked, but then he ordered an on-demand movie and was charged for it...

Anyone has bought them??
    I have one and it had worked for the past 2 yrs but just last month I got charged for some **** i ordered in Oct.......I read that some cable co. up the gegahertz or some **** and that leaves some filters obsolete and that may have been what happened to mine.I ordered taylor/Hopkins last month and no bill for it yet so I don't know if maybe I did not have it hooked up in oct or what but you do have to go down and exchange your boxes every so often because they will stop letting you order after a few months or 5 or so PPvs and never take it off after you have ordered and then hook the cable line back up to that same box or they will see everything you ordered when it was hooked up.I paid like 250 bucks for mine like 2 yrs ago but it has paid for itself 10 fold since then so I don't know what to tell ya there are alot of different ones some work some don't....but I would say it is worth a try if you can find one that works as long as mine has. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by raesaad
      I have one and it had worked for the past 2 yrs but just last month I got charged for some **** i ordered in Oct.......I read that some cable co. up the gegahertz or some **** and that leaves some filters obsolete and that may have been what happened to mine.I ordered taylor/Hopkins last month and no bill for it yet so I don't know if maybe I did not have it hooked up in oct or what but you do have to go down and exchange your boxes every so often because they will stop letting you order after a few months or 5 or so PPvs and never take it off after you have ordered and then hook the cable line back up to that same box or they will see everything you ordered when it was hooked up.I paid like 250 bucks for mine like 2 yrs ago but it has paid for itself 10 fold since then so I don't know what to tell ya there are alot of different ones some work some don't....but I would say it is worth a try if you can find one that works as long as mine has. Good luck.
      Hmmm...Thanx for the info man.

Comment

Working...
      X