No announcement yet.

ATGs who look completely weird/strange in their style, almost amateurish

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
    Marty Marshall, the first man to beat Sonny Liston.

He looked like he was playing a game of dodgeball.
    but Marty Marshall isn't an ATG, is he?
    If the thread was just about weird styles in general, I would mention Arturo Godoy. He was bending below the waist so hard that his gloves almost touched the canvas.

Comment

I think, Jack Johnson's the obvious choice here.

Comment

Originally posted by raskat View Post
        but Marty Marshall isn't an ATG, is he?
        If the thread was just about weird styles in general, I would mention Arturo Godoy. He was bending below the waist so hard that his gloves almost touched the canvas.
        Yeah, sorry. Forgot the thread was about ATGs only.

Comment

young george foreman could look silly from the right angle. he still pounded people, though.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
            Yeah, sorry. Forgot the thread was about ATGs only.

Don't worry, that ship sailed when someone brought up Kermit Cintron earlier in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
              I think, Jack Johnson's the obvious choice here.
              Mate thats nothing, you should see how strange my style is......... I am an ATG... of BoxingSceneHS ....so do I qualify ???

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
                Mate thats nothing, you should see how strange my style is......... I am an ATG... of BoxingSceneHS ....so do I qualify ???
                Actually, by my definition, if a guys style seems unusual but yet you have heard of him and was a top fighter... maybe it isn't strange but makes total sense and it's just an optical illusion. Tell the bloke his style looks strange to you and he might say, "well how far did your style get you ?".LOL, imagine walking up to Jack Johnson and telling him, "gee Jack, just imagine how good you'd be if you fought the proper way" LOL, get ready to duck, then run for yer life...... Do I have a point ?.... any takers ??
                Last edited by McGoorty; 04-01-2013, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Beau Jack was an awkward stylist! He was very effective and a very tuff guy.
                  A difficuly man to win against. Ray.

Jack Johnson is one of the most beautifull stylists of all time!! A great offensive & defensive fighter with technique and form with a Method that was very sucessfull. I don't see how he could be considered on this list!!
                  Last edited by Ray Corso; 04-01-2013, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                    Beau Jack was an awkward stylist! He was very effective and a very tuff guy.
                    A difficuly man to win against. Ray.

Jack Johnson is one of the most beautifull stylists of all time!! A great offensive & defensive fighter with technique and form with a Method that was very sucessfull. I don't see how he could be considered on this list!!
                    Yes, thumbs up with Beau, wish there were other fights of his on film

Comment

George Foreman

Comment

Working...
                      X