Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If B-Hop at his best bulked up to 194lb like RJJ, could he have beaten the Klitschkos

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no way the klits are way underated skillwise and powerwise

Comment

Originally posted by Japanese Boxing View Post
      People are really silly. A 143 lber has the KO power to take out a heavyweight. You don't magically get a better chin due to your size. So no, the K Bros wouldn't wade through anyone's punches or not show defense because a good punch is a good punch. Heavyweights just have more weight behind theirs. That's it. Hopkins would have major trouble with the size difference though. That is where weightclasses really come into play. Weight is one factor, but the mass and space that heavyweights take up and at the rate they can move is extremely difficult to move with when you're smaller. I'm at 194 lbs right now. Could I knockout a Klitschko brother? Sure, if they let me and didn't defend for crap. I am sure most people who've learned how to punch could do it too. Ruiz is just an awful comparison to the physical advantages of people like the Klitschkos.
      Taking shots at me eh? Firstly, half my point was that Hopkins doesn't have great power in the first place, so yes, they would wade through his shots easily. Secondly, you are totally incorrect about differences in chin among weight classes. Larger bodied individuals are more likely to have thicker skulls/necks than their smaller counterparts, and hence better chins.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
        No. There's a big difference between the Klitschko's and Ruiz. I think Hopkins could have taken Ruiz though.
        I don't know, I wouldn't count him out but I don't think Hopkins beats Ruiz.

Comment

Vlad and Vitali are far more skill than Ruiz. No, B-hop doesn't have that much power to make it interesting.

Comment

Milburo got it out before I could. Bernard has never been a hitter to begin with. As to comparing him to Paterson, Floyd was limitations compared to the Listons and Ali but he did have some decent power in his left hook that kept others aware!!
            The way to fight the Klitz Bros is to take it do them and Bernard hasn't got the style and the extra weight doesn't bring power he never had anyway.
            Now if you wanna transport and transform Sugar Ray Robinson into a 195lb cruiser he'd out box out punch and out smart them easily it would be laughable! Schools IN! Ray

Comment

Well Ray Robinson started out as a welterweight, he moved up to middleweight in time. It would be unwise for him to move up to cruiserweight.

Meanwhile Hopkins started as a super-middleweight, 20lbs heavier than Sugar Ray. Totally different criteria.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                I don't know, I wouldn't count him out but I don't think Hopkins beats Ruiz.
                Hopkins is far more skilled than Ruiz who looked completely outclassed against both Jones and Toney. Although the Toney loss was later reversed to a no contest. If Ruiz doesn't knock Hopkins out I don't see him winning. It wouldn't shock me one bit if Hopkins beat him.
                Last edited by joseph5620; 02-08-2013, 12:07 AM.

Comment

hopkins is a smart fighter . I dont think there is anyone in heavyweight who has the boxing IQ of his at heavy rite now. I think if he fights smart use alot of angles, potshot he could win. I wouldnt count him out. He def knows how to overcome adversity.

Comment

I don't think he could survive past 8, tbh. And that's being generous. A LHW/SMW vs. two GIGANTIC heavyweights with skill and power. Especially Wlad. Hopkins wouldn't have the power to threaten him and he wouldn't push the pace, he'd get toyed with.

Comment

You're asking if a guy who made his career out of beating up on smaller guys could go up in weight and beat boxers who are plentiful in IQ and technically brilliant?

My answer would be that B-hop could not move up to heavyweight and beat any reigning champion, nor could he beat any contenders who are technically sound.

Roy was a special fighter and one of the greatest of all time in many ways. B-Hop I have never been sold on.

Comment

Working...
                      X