Teddy Atlas: It's insulting to compare Mayweather to great fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom Flores View Post
    No,

you have to actually prove it rather than just rely on talent and past achievements.
    He done enough to prove hes the one of if not the greatest of his era. He ,Rjj, Bhop,Lewis,DLH. Will be the names we remember from 1998-2000.He has been the most domianant and consistent of the group.

Comment

floyd's got great skills, but it hasn't been put to the test against the best WWs... so i can't really compare him with past ATGs.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
        floyd's got great skills, but it hasn't been put to the test against the best WWs... so i can't really compare him with past ATGs.
        His career isnt only at WW. Hes faced decent opposition at WW nd hes not done yet. You cant say his whole careeer means nothing because of the last few years, especially when hes still building his legacy at WW.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalion View Post
          Bottom line is this.

Is PBF one of the greatest if not the greatest fight of his era?
          Certainly, and he can still add to this.

Is he an ATG?
          Hes certainly in the top 40, top 10 in his weight classes

Among the ATG where does he rank?
          Not among the likes of Ali,Johnson,Dempsey,Louis,Robinson. Hes in the same section with RJJ,Bhop,Tyson,Holyfield.
          I'd put Dempsey more in your second category.

I don't really rank on impact/popularity and his actual achievements/resume are pretty overrated IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Thread Stealer View Post
            I'd put Dempsey more in your second category.

I don't really rank on impact/popularity and his actual achievements/resume are pretty overrated IMO.
            To me guys like Dempsey,Louis and Johnson are the fathers of boxing. He didnt fight much but he was nearly untouchable in his prime. He was the "model" heavy wieght boxer for white america. Hes more of an ATG because of historical impact, than his accomplishments.

Comment

Atlas did not say a thing that I did not know already. I hopw all that talk about fighting a Mexican Puppy is all false. That will be PBF's lowest act ever...

Where is that sorry-ass Horus? He must be preparing a 100 pages statement as rebuttal...

Comment

At 130-140 I believe Floyd will give any fighter in the history trouble. But at 147 I don't see it. All time great fighters like Robinson, Napoles, Leonard, Hearns, and a lot more would give Floyd major problems.

One thing you can never take away from Floyd was how quick he cleaned up 130 and moved up to 135 to challenge Castillo at his best two times. He fought so many good names down there

Comment

Working...
                X