Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Steward's talking about a super heavyweight division...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny Steward's talking about a super heavyweight division...

on east side boxing .com
    I think it's a bad idea, it's just another belt and it eliminates the opportunity to see David vs. Goliath fights.

ye the HW division is dead,this wont help or change much

Comment

lets get atleast a few HWs with name recognition before we talk about this

Comment

i really hope this never happens.

Comment

Yeah, let's take a division with no talent and dilute it even more.

Comment

The problem with boxing today is there too many weight divisions, there is absolutely no need for a super heavyweight division. Ali dominated the heavyweight division weighting around 210-218lbs. It's the lack of talent and lack of good quality fighters that can stand up the Klitschko's. If Samuel Peter actually had really good boxing skills he could of beaten Wlad and Vitali.

Eddie Chambers is the second best skilled heavyweight imo and he's a 6'1 small heavyweight. Mike Tyson at least knew how to get within range and cut the ring no matter how big and skilled the opponent he fought, most heavyweights today can't even do that.
            Last edited by Boxingwizard; 08-10-2009, 06:56 PM.

Comment

This is how I would redo the weight divisions

HW 204-and above
              CW 180-203
              LHW 170-179
              MW 160-169
              JMW 151-159
              WW 142-150
              LW 134-141
              FW 127-133
              BW 120-126
              FW 113-119
              SW 112-and below
              Last edited by Boxingwizard; 08-10-2009, 07:00 PM.

Comment

The problem with the heavy weight division is that for most guys, its just an excuse not to make cruiser.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                  The problem with the heavy weight division is that for most guys, its just an excuse not to make cruiser.
                  Povetkin, Brewster, Peter, Arreola would be in shape if they were weighing around 220-225lbs so they are natural heavyweights. David Haye is also now a natural heavyweight. The only heavyweight that's not a natural is Eddie Chambers and I rank him as the 3rd best heavyweight behind the Klitschko brothers.

Comment

It's not a lack of height or power, it's a lack of really good boxers that can compete against the Klitschko brothers.

Comment

Working...
                    X