No announcement yet.

Why am I not hungry?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why am I not hungry?

I got my top right and bottom right wisdom teeth out 2 days ago, and I haven't been hungry since. I'm taking some steroid stuff, Penicillin, and Vicodin. All I've eaten the past 2 days have been a part of a hamburger patty and 4 tablespoons of yogurt. Today I ate a whole thing of yogurt but I wasn't hungry. I'm just a little worried why I haven't been hungry. I would eat more but it hurts to swallow as I'm very sore from the removal. Should I eat anyways? Does the vicodin have anything to do with it?

Originally posted by Hooks View Post
    I got my top right and bottom right wisdom teeth out 2 days ago, and I haven't been hungry since. I'm taking some steroid stuff, Penicillin, and Vicodin. All I've eaten the past 2 days have been a part of a hamburger patty and 4 tablespoons of yogurt. Today I ate a whole thing of yogurt but I wasn't hungry. I'm just a little worried why I haven't been hungry. I would eat more but it hurts to swallow as I'm very sore from the removal. Should I eat anyways? Does the vicodin have anything to do with it?
    Ay what's up man, yo check this out Hooks, I'm a Sergeant in the Army, and what I can tell you that Vicodin is "painkiller", that is why you are taking it, right?? Vicodin is known to be on the Schedule III list, along with Anobolic Steriods and Codeine, and what that basically means....it affects the central Nervous System.

Vicodin is known to cause stomache alcers. You're probably getting relief from the affects of Vicodin, it helps get get over that hurddle, but while you are doing well in one area...you may be doing damage in another.

I know It's easy for me to say, I'm not that one going through the pain, but my brother, I Jump out C-130 Hercules Airplanes, in the Middle of the night. I had a burn out in winds that were 22 knots!!! yeah, can you say "OUCH"!!

Dude, I got by on 800mg Motrin!
    Last edited by guzi815; 07-19-2008, 11:05 AM.

Comment

I'm not a doctor, i'm not even close to a doctor but my only theory is that when your body feels 'threatend', by this I mean ill, it sometimes makes do with less prob' because back in the natural days when you were ill you couldn't hunt, when you can't hunt you can't eat, when you can't eat, you starve so your body would try and stop you starving. So i'm guessing your body might think it's ill and therefore you feel less hungry. Then again, you're not ill, you're just in pain. End of the day, I openly admit I know very little and i'm just throwing in a few words. The amount of food you've consumed is worryingly low and I think if it continues for much longer you should see your doctor right away because you might not be ill now but if you carry on eating that little you're going to get ill.

The only real advice I can offer, besides saying you should ask a doctor, is that you shouldn't train at all. Your body needs energy, boxing training requires serious energy and if you're not putting that in you you're just consuming yourself and running on reserves and this will make you pretty damn ill if it continues for a prolonged period. Take a break, have a rest and use this time to study boxing, read a book on technique, if you don't have on look on google or google scholar, i'm sure there are free ones etc.

Comment

As far as wisdom teeths goes i know that the pain goes away pretty fast, 2-3 days and it should be have started healing. I had my bottom left and right wisdom tooth removed on 2 separate occasion, for the second one the dentist had to cut me up cause the teeth broke while he was trying to tore it out.

As far as pain goes it wasn't that bad for me and i just took 2 motrin when the local anesthesia wore off and i was fine. But if you had a root canal treatment it's a lot worse pain-wise. I didn't eat much for the first day, and the few days afters i ate normally, just not hard stuff like taco shells or crackers.

Comment

i would cut the chemi-kill drugs off asap and do a body detox..big pharm does mad damage to your digestive and nervous system

right now...aloe vera juice ..or gel for your mouth..aloe vera makes inflammation disappear like a miracle..i burned my hands soldering and put aloe vera gel on the burns and it was 100% fine ...never blistered ...no pain

Comment

every once in a while i like to have a couple of iced down vodkas with blue cheese olives and 1 or 2 extra strength vicodin, i top it off with a nice Ashton VSG and im good to go! these are some of the finer things I look forward to....

Comment

Weird. I had no problems when I had one of my wisdom teeth pulled. Of course it was only 1 and all I had was penicillin.

Im guessing you ate yogurt because your avoiding solid foods. Try eating cottage cheese for some protein or sweet potato for some vitamins. It cant be very good not to eat for two days. At least drink lots of water.

Get well soon

Comment

I started eating some popcorn today and quite a bit of pasta, I started getting some stinging sensations in my neck though kind of like shocks that hurt like hell.

Comment

just curious, why do you care why u are not hungry?

i always laugh when people think that they have to eat everyday. like a person would starve without a couple days of not eating.

really, eating is a habit and an addiction. and really all that necessary to do everyday.

i rarely eat and have no problems associated with not eating.

Comment

Originally posted by j View Post
                    just curious, why do you care why u are not hungry?

i always laugh when people think that they have to eat everyday. like a person would starve without a couple days of not eating.

really, eating is a habit and an addiction. and really all that necessary to do everyday.

i rarely eat and have no problems associated with not eating.
                    lol this guy is really dumb and still he tries to act like a old wise kunf fu master.

Comment

Working...
                    X