Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the best counter-puncher in boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quiksilva View Post
    How can you guys not agree Ali was the best counter puncher?

The man made the anchor punch against Sonny Liston!

Not only that, I'm sure Mayweather Jnr copied his counter right from Ali!

As great as mayweather's pull counter was...it's still a poor man's version of ali's. Ali had the confidence to use his at a bit closer range with more subtle upper body movement so his shots had more power on them. A lot of the time floyd would exaggerate his movement and shoot it at the maximum possible distance causing it to either be an arm punch or too far on the end making it lack full power.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
      Hey Dumbazz Benitez was fighting grown men by the age of 14 and World Champ by 17 his brain was still developing and not ready to be taking blows by grown men why do you think Young teens fight in Jr Divisions in the amateur. So before you open the stupid mind do some research. also try watching Ali fights you idiot using foot work and throwing fast combos isn't counter punching you dumb brainless idiot
      Speak correct English if you're going to quote me. Learn how to capitalize. I don't like responding to illiterate peons like you.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
        Speak correct English if you're going to quote me. Learn how to capitalize. I don't like responding to illiterate peons like you.
        Yea okay as a typical Liberal you have no come back . What a dweeb, good night

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
          Yea okay as a typical Liberal you have no come back . What a dweeb, good night
          LOL you should learn the definition of words before using them. "Liberal" doesn't apply to anything I've said to you. Get an education before replying to me you ignorant peasant.

Comment

Rigo is the best active.. he drops deadly concussive blows and makes guys completely shell up

Personal favorite- Juan Manuel Marquez because he would eat huge shots and fire right back

All time- not sure

Comment

Could watch Marquez all day

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

JMM and it's not close.
                No he is not and there is no reason for Red k from you for a different opinion lol.

Comment

He isn't near the best of the best counter punchers right now, but damn this was a beautiful counter here

I'd vote Rigo as being the best counter puncher in the game today.

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
                    He isn't near the best of the best counter punchers right now, but damn this was a beautiful counter here

I'd vote Rigo as being the best counter puncher in the game today.
                    What a beauty, it's a shame that Williams got up because that was a KO of the year type of punch.
                    I'm actually working on that technique in the gym, really tough to execute, let alone at the level of competition Charlo is in.

Comment

It's not Marquez and he's undoubtedly great at it but you can find a safe haven if you can get inside on him and he didn't always have an answer for the jab. I think we're so infatuated with his combination punching that we're not correctly judging his ability as a counter puncher.

Comment

Working...
                      X