Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence: Not Rattled By Boxing Brook in England; Built for This

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheUptownKid View Post
    As an American, I have no interest in visiting Sheffield as a destination whereas most big fights here are held in NYC or Vegas which are a lot more appealing
    Ummm. You may have a point there - I live bout 30 miles from Sheffield and I can think of few things to recommend it, but surely you would be willing to travel to say Manchester or London for the right event? Or are you one of those yanks who believes that everything that happens beyond your borders is basically an irrelevance?

Comment

No I've been to London before would go again, but the difference is for example I live in Chicago, I've seen Michael Jordan play, I've seen Sammy Sosa hit 70 home runs, I've been to blackhawks finals, along with having seen Floyd multiple times. There are sooo many sporting activities here and it's hard to justify leaving shores when you brits will come stateside for a payday each time

Comment

Originally posted by lefthooklead View Post
        Totally agree.

It will be interesting to see how Spence deals with someone who he can't bully, and someone is a good counter puncher with nice timing. I rate him pretty highly but he hasn't really been tested or pushed back. Algieri came from 140, Bundu was 40+.

Brook will be the biggest and strongest he's fought, the way he outstrengthed Porter was impressive. I heard from Eddie Hearn and Dominic Ingle that Brook goes in somewhere between 165 and 168 by fight time so he's a handful at WW.

Can't wait for the fight, it'll tell us something about both guys and the winner has to fight Thurman V Garcia winner.
        Yea I'm rooting for Spence just cautious because people like to point out Brooks flaws and overlook that fact that Spence has been rocked pretty good by a D level fighter just a few fights ago when he got overconfident in the fight and was thoroughly outboxed by the guy from Kazakhstan in the Olympics..

So what I take away from that is Spence chin is still a bit of a question and his defense is definitely a question I've seen him make certain moves and little pivots but not much head or above waist movement (like Canelo would make) and at times he leaves chin right there in the air!

But not for his Olympic background TBH Spence is really still just a prospect a good one but u can still see the green in him

I guess that how it is when you turn pro well into your 20's even Khan had trouble converting from his Olympic style turned pro at 17 and would always revert back even at age 29.
        Last edited by Realizniguhnit; 02-15-2017, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X