Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DeGale: Groves Should Drop WBA Shot, Fight Me For The IBF!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    In the second half of that fight, DeGale was on his bike, his punches rare landed, and he had no power in his punches. Jack ate his body up, had DeGale's face swollen and bloody, his mouthpiece couldn't stay in, his mouth was bloody, but yeah, other than that DeGale did well.
    apart from degale clearly won some of the later rounds before the 12th. Did you actually watch the fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Milkdogg View Post
      Degale clearly won round 10 and 11 you muppet. Watch it over. Yeah Jack won the 12th but Degal finished strong before the knockdown
      degale didn't clearly win any roudn but the first. bashing away at jacks guard while recieving punches isnt a recipe for success

Comment

I think Degale and Groves are world class level fighters.....

But both of them fall just short of elite level! deep down i think Degale realizes this now, so therefore wants to cash in on some big marketable/winnable fights.

Degale technically is a awarkard fighter, who has some skills and decent spatial awareness! but as a athlete/specimen he seems to lack physical strength.

He was bullied slightly by Badou Jack, and i don't really class Jack as a wrecking ball type of fighter.
        Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 01-19-2017, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Hmm rather see Groves pick up the WBA belt then do a unification with DeGale. DeGale will fight anyone though it's great to see.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            James DeGale recently arrived back in the UK after last weekend's fight against Badou Jack. The Hammersmith man, now based in St Albans, retained his IBF super-middleweight world title as he battled to a majority draw with the Swedish-born WBC king in their unification showdown.
            [Click Here To Read More]
            If anything Degale should drop his title..it's not his anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
              Is that Zeuge guy who holds the WBA strap any good? Makes more sense for Groves to come to the table with DeGale when he's got a belt. Will probably get squeezed otherwise.
              Zeuge has the regular belt. Groves is set to fight Fedor Chudinov for the Super belt.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                degale didn't clearly win any roudn but the first. bashing away at jacks guard while recieving punches isnt a recipe for success
                Thanks for that! I thought it was just me! How did you feel about DeGale vs. Medina? Is it just me, or was DeGale getting busted up in that one too? After watching those 2 fights, I have full confidence that DeGale's title is ready for the taking whenever GGG wants it!

Comment

Originally posted by Andre Wardttke View Post
                  Zeuge has the regular belt. Groves is set to fight Fedor Chudinov for the Super belt.
                  Ok, I understand now. WBA titles can be hard to keep track of.

Comment

Working...
                  X