Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does such a small island like Puerto Rican give Mexico such hardship?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
    Shouldn't Mexico be dominating Puerto Rico in boxing considering the sizes of the two countries? But instead it seems that Puerto Rico not only holds its own, but they are constantly giving Mexico L's.

Very interesting how that works...
    shout out to Omowale

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
      Puerto Rico is U.S.

They have U.S Passports.

and Puerto Ricans are Americans.
      I know it's part of the US, although they can't vote, which is ridiculous but it's pretty clear that OP is talking about fighters from PR itself, trained at gyms in PR, not fighters living in mainland USA and being trained in that system. It's a pretty easy distinction to make.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
        Puerto Rico is U.S.

They have U.S Passports.

and Puerto Ricans are Americans.
        Puerto Ricans can't vote, meaning those under residency and originale from the Island. As far as I know they don't have pay ''American'' taxes the same way Americans do. As I said, it's a commonwealth for the USA, and they have special privileges unlike other sovereign nations trying to migrate to the USA.

Puerto Ricans from the Island don'T associate themselves as American anyways.

Comment

This is very true, we are all aware of this, yet some Puerto Ricans feel the need to keep on opening idiotic threads like this one.
          Some people live with complex, just let it go.

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
          What country does Puerto Rico not give hardship? Puerto Rico has produced many great fighters, their fighters have defeated many greats from many different countries, not just Mexico.

Comment

Don't forget who gave lomachenko his first L. Don't forget Mexico has canelo for GGG and Zurdo Ramirez for Kovalev.

They might not win all, but it sure as hell wont be easy for the Eastern Euros.
            Don't get me wrong the Eastern Euros are doing great so are the British. I hope Boxing becomes a more popular sport world wide just like soccer.

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
            Neither Puerto Rico or Mexico have much to brag about right now as far as boxers go.

Eastern Euros have taken over.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
              thats false, i ran the numbers.. PR is statistically better than mx
              Oh please, numbers don't mean ****. All of the biggest most important fights Mexico has reigned supreme.

Up and coming talents beating no hopers does not count bruh, sit down.

Comment

- Its the best rivalry in boxing and the oldest. I don't get into the where you were born b.s., its really what your culture is. If your born in LA, like say Fernando Vargas, and your technically american..but you represent Mexico because its in his blood, its his heritage. So when he would fight he always repped the Mexican flag, same goes for PR's who were born in the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by EdWins View Post
                  Oh please, numbers don't mean ****. All of the biggest most important fights Mexico has reigned supreme.

"Numbers don't mean ****"??

Still..... your butthurt over a simple truth is perfectly understandable....... brah.

Comment

Originally posted by EdWins View Post

Idk about head to head. But overall Pr has more quality breh

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                    i did some quick excel work:

PR has 69 champions, 39 of them have more than 1 successful title defense.

Mex has 204 champions, 92 of them have more than 1 successful title defenses.

PR= 57% of champs with 2+ defenses
                    Mex= 45% of champs with 2+ defenses

PR is statistically better than mexico

Comment

boxing is a 1 on 1 sport lol population dont mean shit lmfao that just a mildy interesting fact to throw out their to ease the sting of Mexicans whooping on that ass!

Did the ricans get jumped? it must feel like it when a Mexican whoops on that ass but fact is still was just a 1 on 1 fight and Mexico Best ALWAYS beat Puerto Rico best.

Comment

Working...
                      X