• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So no more retirement talk?

Oh, and Marquez all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtli. View Post
      its been a while, and I can't recall what episode it was on.
      Just found this article.

Juan Manuel Marquez won’t wait too long for another Pacquiao bout

Paul Magno | Dec 29, 2011 | Comments 0

At a public appearance in Mexico City, Juan Manuel Marquez told the assembled media that it’s now or never for a fourth bout with Manny Pacquiao.

“After the first Pacquiao fight, I had to wait four years and after the second, three more years passed. That’s why if the fourth isn’t signed in 2012, there won’t be another fight,” the 38-year-old Marquez told the assembled media outside of the Hogares Providencia Padre Chinchachoma, a home and education center for street children. Marquez was there to deliver a $5,000 donation on behalf of WBO President, Francisco Valcárcel.

Marquez would go on to say that if the Pacquiao rematch can’t be signed, he would like to make a run at a world title at junior welterweight, possibly against WBC 140 lb. titlist, Erik Morales.

Marquez-Pacquiao III, on November 12th, ended in a controversial majority decision victory for Pacquiao. Marquez supporters also contend that the Mexico City native was shortchanged in his two previous bouts with the Filipino superstar, which ended in a draw and a split decision loss.

http://theboxingtribune.com/2011/12/...pacquiao-bout/

Comment

Mannn, forget Morales.... fight Bradley.... but I see how Morales would be a good fight from a financial standpoint. Streets way ahead of a Bradley fight

Comment

Yes!!!!!!(in my Marv Albert voice)...

Comment

JMM and Bradely would be a tough fight.. Bradely is a beast but he gets a little over aggressive sometimes which would be perfect for JMM's excellent counter punching abilities.. dont know it just depends how they choose to fight each other.. If Bradely decides to box and make JMM the aggressor like Mayweather did It would be a very close fight!!

Comment

Marquez counter punching skills puts Bradley to sleep and stops that bum.

Comment

Originally posted by El.Naranjito707 View Post
                Marquez counter punching skills puts Bradley to sleep and stops that bum.
                Gonna take more than counterpunching to stop Bradley. He's too young, strong and determined. Judging by his last fight, Marquez doesn't seem as willing to go to war anymore and that's most likely what it would take. I hope Timmy headbutts the **** out of Marquez all night and sends him into BOLIVIAN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cuauhtli. View Post

translation of just this part from @ 0:57 - 2:05

interviewer: "juan manuel, you commented that you would like to face the best super lightweight fighters in the world, specifically who would you like to face?"

jmm: "well, the one who is considered the best at super lightweight and is classified as top 10 p4p is timothy bradley, i think it would be a good fight. If by any chance the fight with pacquiao is not made, we are going to look for the possibility of facing him and look to win that 4th title.

interviewer: "timothy bradley is a great champion and a great rival, the difference in age would not be a problem?"

jmm: "ive always said that age is not important if you are a person who dedicates yourself, trains and is responsible. In this case i have showed when people have said that i would lose, for example in the fights with juan diaz, manny pacquiao, and other rivals like michael katsidis they always talk about age. I have always been a fighter who likes to take care of myself and train, thats why we have always maintained ourselves good in this sport".
                  marquez dont need to fight bradley

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Boxing View Post
                    marquez dont need to fight bradley
                    why not? its a good matchup.

Comment

Working...
                    X