No announcement yet.

Greb biography

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greb biography

I've been away the past month and finally got to catch up on some reading and finished the biography "The fearless Harry Greb".

After reading this I've come to a few conclusions (my opinions only).

1. I rank Greb the 2nd greatest fighter ever after Sam Langford. I expect to catch flack frim those who have Robinson #1 and am ready to debate.

2. Greb was not nearly the dirty fighter he's been portrayed to be.

3. Jack Dempsey clearly ducked Greb.

4. Dempsey ducked Wills. I've always been a firm advocate Dempsey never ducked Harry Wills, but after reading a particular quote and piecing together the timeline I have changed my mind.

Im back and more than willing to answer questions and accept challenges to my opinions.

Welcome back Jab(from this humble Robinson fan )

Comment

Where can I find footage of Greb or Langford? I can't find *****. Is books the only thing I can do? I wanna see this guys everybody always says are arguably better then Robinson.

I always thought Robinson was undisputedly the best. I just don't think I could make any opinions of the matter since their ain't no footage on those guys. It's hard to rank them.

Comment

Could you care to break down why Greb and Langford are greater than Ray Robinson?

I have Robinson #1, Langford #2 and Greb #3. I understand why others may have Greb and Langford above him.

But I'm curious on why you have them ahead of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
          Where can I find footage of Greb or Langford? I can't find *****. Is books the only thing I can do? I wanna see this guys everybody always says are arguably better then Robinson.

I always thought Robinson was undisputedly the best. I just don't think I could make any opinions of the matter since their ain't no footage on those guys. It's hard to rank them.
          There isn't any.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            There isn't any.
            Then how are they held in such high regard like their among the untouchables? Thats crazy.

Comment

Then how are they held in such high regard like their among the untouchables? Thats crazy.
              Do you need footage of someone to know how great they are?

Do you not consider Ray Robinson as the greatest WW of all time? Or atleast one of them?

When you read about people you can evaluate their greatness, No?

Especially in boxing considering resumes can be compared.

When looking at Langford or Greb's resume it is abundantly clear they are amongst the greatest fighters of all time.

Comment

I don't think it makes sense either...

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
                  I don't think it makes sense either...
                  I know this ain't religion I can't just believe on faith and books alone haha.

I read Robinson biography book "sugar ray". That was tight. But I don't think you should let books effect how you view things. I believe you should keep an open mind and books help open your mind so I won't ignorantly say they aren't great fighters just because I can't see them, but I don't think anybody can really say they were the best if all they got is books.

Comment

It's based on records, achievements, skills, and first hand accounts of their fights. Otherwise you have to completely dismiss what they did if you need video as evidence.

Comment

Working...
                    X